Sat, Sep 21, 3:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Is Renderosity a 3D community or a POSER community ?

Zargent ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2002 at 11:34 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:49 PM

If you take a look at "images most viewed" you will find out that 95% of the top 100 "viewed the most" images are Poser. The top Poser image was viewed nearly 32,000 times in nearly 2 1/2 years. But I guess the bottom line is ... if you dont like it .. leave. I just happen to like it here, so I wont leave because I have made a few Vue friends. So whats the point of this post ?? UPLOAD MORE VUE pictures ! :) I am getting BORED staring at posed plastic dolls as reflected in most Poser uplaods. GIMME more Vue before I go plasic doll crazee ..... Please .... Cheers, Zargent.

NightVoice ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 12:28 AM

Just look specifically at the Vue gallery then. :) TONS of new pictures daily in there. :)

Rustbucket ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 3:31 AM

I agree with you Zargent. I'm almost to the point of not wanting to look at my wife anymore because I'm so calloused to the nude female figure :) Thats a big almost, but still. Many people realize they'll get 200 viewings and 10 comments in one day if they have nudity in their works, and a nude Vue tree just doesn't have the same affect as Voluptuous Vicki :) I feel like I don't want to only view the Vue galleries because there are alot of GREAT works out there with Poser figures in a Vue or Bryce backround, but its categorized as Poser for some reason. The faux solution I've done is to change my profile as to not show nudity. It cuts down on the 'naked chicks with swords' epidemic.

audity ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 3:36 AM

Hi Zargent !

"I am getting BORED staring at posed plastic dolls"... so why do you look those images ?!?!?! does it fell good to get "plastic doll crazee" ?! LOL !

There's an easy solution to your little problem : don't go in the POSER gallery !

To answer your question :

• Renderosity was first a POSER forum
  • most of the products available in the Marketplace and the free stuff area are for POSER
  • most of the members are POSER users

There is also more POSER upload because POSER is one the only software that allows you to create automatic "artworks"... Renderosity and DAZ do the job for you : buy characters, textures, clothes, props and poses; click on a few buttons in POSER and upload your "masterpiece" in Renderosity's Gallery. 75 % of the POSER uploads are just renders of pre-made contents (and sometimes it's even not well rendered !).

Whith Bryce and VUE it'll take a few hours to create an image, with 3D StudioMAX or Lightwave it'll take days...
so there'll always be less uploads by people using these softwares.

And finally there's another reason : Renderosity is not the favorite online forum of Lightwave, Maya, C4D, EI or Studio MAX users. Why ? too much ugly, cheap and tasteless POSER stuff !

Don't get me wrong I like POSER and some of the POSER artworks in the Gallery are done by really talended artist.

:) Eric

kruzr ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 10:31 AM

Good Morning . . . 8^) I'd just like to add a little comment to this post . . . I don't own any of the Poser versions, I find the program a little too expensive just to add a human figure into an image scene, but I can reccomend using ZBrush, for importing a Poser figure into, then you can paint more realistic textures on the Poser model, export the model back out of ZBrush & when you render your scene the Poser figure will appear to be a much more realistic human . . . "Not So Plastic." That's just my opinion & you have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

mokba ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 10:59 AM

Interesting background. I own Poser and hardly ever use it. I ended up here as a desperate newbie switching from Bryce to Vue looking for help with Vue. In this forum I have found a huge number of people willing to share their knowledge, saving me hours/days/weeks of needless head banging. I have also found that to be true in the Carrara, Lightwave, Photoshop and Painter forums. I'm not into the plastic doll thing myself but have found so much support in other areas that it doesn't really matter to me what the other 90% of the site is into. To each his/her own. Thanks for all the help past and future. Michael

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.