Fri, Oct 4, 2:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: California Dreaming

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:31 PM

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh. um, gosh, uh, gee, well, er......... I need a cigarette.

Blooddoll ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:32 PM

Falls on the floor and begins to convluse, drool sliding down her chin

Fyrene ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:33 PM

Question regarding handling memory: "A problem does arise for those users with Win 98 or ME. The kernel that these programs use will not allocate the needed memory in one block for poser to render. This is especially a problem with large files like high resolution maps and or high resolution geometries. So even if you have 512mb of RAM, if you are running on either of these operating systems it is like running on 128mb of RAM as far as Poser is concerned." Information provided from DAZ. Now, will P5 handle memory better??? :)

rain ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:37 PM

Oh my! :-)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:42 PM

From the look of the hair interface, it appears that you create groups from which the hair sprouts. Each group would have its own properties (length, colour, density, etc.). So we should be able to add hair to anything ... human figures, animals, geometric primitives ... both new and existing meshes. I do hope that the grouping tool has been improved.

Q2 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:45 PM

pretty darn exciting!

my questions:

will bends at the elbows and knees be handled better, that is, look more real, less funky?

do the models use nurbs? can we make our own?

will we be able to make our own clothes easily?

oh yeah...what do the female models look like?

Ringo ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:46 PM

Kupa! I'm speachless. Poser 5 is going to be a kicksass application. We need to make an "Animation Master" character getting its butt kicked. :-) Hell it just out did LW. :-) Great stuff, Steve! Thanks Ringo

Q2 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:46 PM

Now we can make tribbles!

Ringo ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:46 PM

Kupa! I'm speachless. Poser 5 is going to be a kicksass application. We need to make an "Animation Master" character getting its butt kicked. :-) Hell it just out did LW. :-) Great stuff, Steve! Thanks Ringo

Kinsfire ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.kinsfire.net

Won't make 120 by midnight Eastern Time... Damn - me want! I may not do much with Poser right now, but I guarantee that this'll eat my time like nobody's business....

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:52 PM

There's still 4 minutes left until midnight EST ... ;-) Better library organization - I hope, I hope, I hope!

kjlintner ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:52 PM

"Great texture map on that guy, he's got the right DNA I guess. ;-)" hehehe Ouch...

kjlintner ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:53 PM

I'd like to know more about the default characters that are going to ship with it.

rain ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:59 PM

I've got to start saving my pennies. And here I was just saying that I thought I had burnt myself out on Poser LOL. Now I can hardly wait for version 5.

jjsemp ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:03 PM

Things that will change in the world of Poser 5: I guess with that new dynamic cloth, Vicky won't be quite so naked in the temple anymore. And with all those neat new materials, the Pony will no longer be Pink. However, with that new hair, Mr. Fluffers probably WILL be fluffier. jjsemp

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:03 PM

Pariah wins the "picking up on the clues" award for tonight... Congrats Kev! -smiles and heads off to home for dinner- Kupa

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:05 PM

Some of us just groaned quietly at the reference, thank you very much. And to heck with dinner, go to bed! It's getting late, young man! ;-)

whoopdat ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:06 PM

Fyrene, that's a problem with Windows, not Poser. Poser handles memory just fine in Win2k, which, not by any coincidence, also handles memory just fine. It's worth the upgrade for the OS if you have more than 256 megs of ram. Poser gobbles whatever it can get of my 768 megs.

thebert ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:09 PM

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII Waaaaaaaannnnnnnnttttttttt. Now I know why the RMP testing is backup. Everyone playing .avi , .mov and looking at screen images. Now this is a show stopping. Steve -- god's speed and may the force be with you!! :) PS to all at Renderosity -- PLEASE buy my stuff so I can get POSER 5 PLEASE!!!

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:10 PM

Tribbles? Yup! First thing I thought of, too. Cats and cat toys. Mink belly button warmers. Small aliens. Animated dust bunnies wearing the pearls dropped from my last beading project. And that is just with a sphere. Sigh. I will need to letter a sign which says "this is not a toy" which will pop up when I'm frivolously wasting time twiddling dials... just to see what happens next. Magic? Yup. Real magic. Thank you, Steve, and thanks to everyone at CL who has worked so hard and so quietly to make this happen. {hugs} Carolly

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:11 PM

Um could I please borrow some of that tape... I could use it right now... Jack

Scarab ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:13 PM

I know I speak for all the Poser community when I say... "Shut up and hand the damned thing over right now and noone gets hurt..." Scarab <-with waaaaaaay too much coffee for the moment, man...

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:15 PM

We may not have anyone nekkid in the temple but I bet we'll have Posette standing over the subway vent in the temple with Marilyn Monroe hair and a sword enjoying the draft, skirt flying in the wind! Hmmm. I got dibs on that animation!

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

thebert ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:21 PM

Bobasaur -- you can have Marilyn Monroe animation! Only if you get me the stripper animation! lol :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

depakotez ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:29 PM

Okay beat 120 by midnight Rosity time. How many will we hit. Goes off to watch the skirt animation again

Kenmac ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:33 PM

There's no question that all of what you have shown here is great stuff Steve, however I do have a question about animating, and not in Poser. I remember when Bryce 4 was coming out that there was a rumour it would support native PZ3 animated files. Of course that didn't come to pass. I'm a person who enjoys animating and I'm currently using Konans "Natural Pose" utility to transfer the Poser characters to Bryce for animations. It works fine but I was wondering, will there be some kind of plugin or some other method to easily animate Poser characters in Bryce? Also, I think one thing that could be better written is the manual. I personally hope that the manual that comes with Poser 5 will be a little more in depth than the one that came with Poser 4. I'm really looking forward to getting Poser 5 more than ever now. Thanks for sharing these tidbits with us.

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:35 PM

Oh My Ghod.... This is going to be so incredible... Umm... P5 -will- retain backwards compatibility with existing Poser resources, won't it?

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:41 PM

Well I still am interested in the renderer. Raytracing? a better rendered would greatly enhance Poser.

StarGate ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 11:53 PM

I could not find any info of CL public shares Anyway I think P5 will best be viewed on a 46" HDTV monitor. I mean that is a lot of hair that has to be painted :-)

emaleth ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:02 AM

WOW! When Kupa said that he wanted to post a teaser in the forums, we had NO idea it would envoke such a wonderful response. Yes, we've been working hard, and being very quiet and now you all know why. I must say, it's really cool to read all these posts. It makes a tough day in the office worthwile. :) Karen Cooper

StarGate ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:04 AM

Do you call the hair making module Lady Godvia? Hair to her heels and hair we can grow into things like trees and mushrooms - cool - a magical fairyland

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:07 AM

::looks at Kupa and Karen with eyes bulging and watering and a blue tint washing over his face::

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:11 AM

Oh....My....God!!!! You mean now I've got to save up for WinXP and P5....where's my daughter's piggybank!! Well, I was gonna go to bed, but now I'm much too excited to sleep.....

emaleth ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:18 AM

awe, Jack... better stop it. You're giving Kupa the warm fuzzys.

Sassywench ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:24 AM

::Hides all the duct tape:: C'mon Jack...GIVE!! It'll make you feel all better! It's no good to keep things bottled up :) Please??? LOLOL Sassy ::doing her best sassy smile:) ::

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

StarGate ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:26 AM

CL Team will we need to buy a Fuel Cell to run our compters with with P5? And should we use h2 or biogas for the fuel. And with the water the Fuel Cell out puts should we drinj it or should we start doing watercolors of our P5 renderings with it :-)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 1:07 AM

mfmsteinemmmeffffklffmmmfffphhg Ooops...darn duct tape... I'm with you, Carolly, they need to add flavor to this stuff. Kate (who is being so really really really good that hubby is starting to worry about me... he keeps muttering stuff like "ok, who are you and what did you do with my REAL wife?") P.S. Hey Steve & Karen, if you ever need someone with a really messed up system to test things on... hint hint ;-)

Fyrene ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 1:10 AM

Thanks Whoopdat. Now that I think about it more carefully, you are right. The prob is, which operting system to switch to. Xp or Win2K? Ive been reading threads about both and I hear pros and cons about both.

casamerica ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 1:29 AM

The only request for further information I have is the recommended system requirements for Poser 5. I am in the process of putting together a new system and would really hate it if I go through the expense only to find out that Poser 5 really needs or could use something I had overlooked or shorted on. I am not really interested in what the minimum requirements are as much as what you and/or your programmers are looking at as far as the recommended requirements. Any help would be appreciated, kupa. ;-) And thanx for "bringin' a bit o' cheer" to what was becoming a very, very gloomy and stormy atmosphere. 8-0 Take care and be well. casamerica

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 1:45 AM

There is so much activity on this thread, that Renderosity was choking just trying to get in here....and gawd, I'm glad I did. Tis wonderful things in store for our future it seems. I volunteer to beta test, I volunteer to beta test...please I'll beta test.....dang it...I want to test this!!!!!!!!!!!! The CL team deserves a lot of credit for what they have done already. It truly seems like it is going to be more intuitive and easy even for the novice user. Two thumbs up for sure! Blues

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 1:51 AM

Great work! It looks like this will be a seriously happy application :)

XSashaX ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 2:02 AM

Wow.....thanx for the previews....

It's so beautiful, I can't stop crying....sniff

Sasha :)

Chailynne ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 2:04 AM

just drools

aleks ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 2:06 AM

Philodox ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 2:22 AM

looks in wallet, looks at cigarettes, looks at teasers, looks in wallet, looks at teasers, throws out cigarettes

Schlabber ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 2:29 AM

I want it all, I want it all !!! I want it all !!!! ... and I want it now :o) (Queen) (have to take this comment - because I'm speechless) simply great - I have to read this all when I'm home ... simply amazing ...

thip ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 2:49 AM

Not bad. Not bad at all, as the Brits say when they are ecstatic ;o)

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 2:56 AM

Fantastic, I've just finished a long horrible night shift, I haven't slept for 36 hours, the wards are full and you do this to me! I'm supposed to sleep now! Brilliant, of course (ahem) I never doubted you.....

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 3:24 AM

Yeah good hair, collision detection, a camera with depth of field, "hair" that works without furfur, gravity, sounds good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but what about reflection, refraction visable light rays? bikermouse is so excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aleks ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 3:35 AM

happy!! happy!! happy!! but i's RRREEAAAALLLLYYYY like to know the time it took that skirt anim to render :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.