Sat, Sep 21, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: California Dreaming

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 5:32 PM

bookmark!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 5:33 PM

This must be the most impressive software update of ANY kind I have EVER seen ANYTIME. So... down to the dirty stuff... (lol)... how much will it be for the upgrade from P4? I need to know how much I have to sacrifice for saving, and how soon I have to start... since I am an artist on a tight budget.... frankly speaking, the price issue is beginning to scare me... I hope Poser 5 shall stay within the reach of the amateur artist. Also I hope you'll follow a different resellers policy that will avoid for Poser 5 to have European resellers to sell the product at 170% the US price as it happens in some European countries with the Pro Pack. Really all Poser people all over the world DESERVES fair purchase conditions as a due respect towards our long time trustfullness to Poser.

HackWorthless ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 5:33 PM

i just hope the default p5 fem will be able to use my p4 morphs. of course, that's just me thinking out loud...

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 5:41 PM

Ditto - ditto - Just about everyone's comments & questions! LOLWE

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 5:50 PM

..................... Crawls up off the floor, still hyperventilating heavily. Serious Poser panic sets in - I'm going to die in front of my computer when I get P5, I'm already foregoing sleep, family life, sanity etc..... Just as long as 1. Crosstalk is gone (today it ate up a MAJOR file for me) 2. I can see 'Poses' and 'Cameras' etc at the same time 3. True 3D support (3D graphics card support) 4. PZ3's don't have have to be so enormous (bring the compression thing in from Pro) -Along with the stuff we know already - Cloth, Hair etc - I'll be happy. Until I die. Posing. :] FishPose no, that should be FishNose............ :]

Thorgrim ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 5:57 PM

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! You just made my week Steve. Thanks

StevieV ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 6:18 PM

wow this looks alot better :)

my wallets not going to be to pleased though :D

stevie

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 6:44 PM

A slight tear of excitement,
Can this really be true,
My 3d torments and frustrations,
For Realism...
Answered?
Not just for stills,
But for animation too?
When will it be?
Tell me,
When will it be?
Can I wait that long?
Is it true?
Really?
Sigh....
I feel exhilaration and depression at once.
When will it be?
When will it be?
Oh please, please, tell me,
Soon.

Okay, that was my lame poem for the day and it still doesn't express my feelings about this, not that anyone is reading this anymore anyway. (LOL, anyone, anymore, anyway, I'm still in poetic mode.)

rain ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 6:47 PM

I read it all the way through ;-) I know just how you feel LOL

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 6:48 PM

FishNose said "..................... Crawls up off the floor, still hyperventilating heavily. Serious Poser panic sets in - I'm going to die in front of my computer when I get P5, I'm already foregoing sleep, family life, sanity etc..... Just as long as 1. Crosstalk is gone (today it ate up a MAJOR file for me) 2. I can see 'Poses' and 'Cameras' etc at the same time 3. True 3D support (3D graphics card support) 4. PZ3's don't have have to be so enormous (bring the compression thing in from Pro) -Along with the stuff we know already - Cloth, Hair etc - I'll be happy. Until I die. Posing. :] FishPose no, that should be FishNose............ :]" DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO

namja1955 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 6:51 PM

I can't remember who did it but on April 1st someone posted a screen capture of a POSER render that had Tabs in the interface. The Poser 5 rumors really started flying. The poster had a hearty laugh and said "April fools". Has anyone noticed that the real POSER 5 interface looks a lot like the April Fools joke. MAybe it was a double April fools joke....

andygraph ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 7:28 PM

Hi Kupa ;) wonderfull upgrade ... but a option for make MOCAP from video source ? maybe on Poser 6 ? or a Poser 6 pro-pack ? great work Curious Labs ;) Andygraph Andrea Mazzone Graphic Designer

Goldfire ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 7:33 PM

I KNEW I shoulda gotten a gig of RAM in the new machine. Ah well, I spent all weekend moving my friend the hardware guy, and he said several times, "I owe you big time..."

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 7:38 PM

Yeah namaja1955, that was a post by PhilC and I was never fully convinced that it was an april fools, even though he said it was. Some feeling somewhere asked the question, "And why not, where else has poser to progress to?"

artistheat ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 7:41 PM

Holy Smokes!!! That looks fantastic.This is a giant leap foward with poser.I can see Outstanding work is going into this...Do you need a beta tester?....Hello...lol

ppowellaa ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 7:47 PM

Gota just add to this thread! I am stunned! I guess I should upgrade to poser 4 so i can get in on the deal when 5 comes out- just when I thought i could save a buck!!!!

emorin ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 8:01 PM

All of the upgrades are dreams come true for Poser die hards. I hope we also get some upgrades on the lighting. Thanks guys for putting all your efforts into this product.

FanDancer ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 8:34 PM

I only have two things to say... how much for an upgrade and where do I get it?..woohoo..I'm totally impressed:)

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 8:58 PM

wow, am I speechless....I'm still very VERY new to Poser....my husband bought me Poser 4 because I liked using Bryce 5 so much, lol. I am definitely going to learn all I can right now so when 5 comes out, I'm gonna hop all over it!!!

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

holyforest ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 9:10 PM

Thanks to Kupa for making us live those great moments !

---------------------------------------
Holyforest,
Hundreds of shaders for Carrara

JetM ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 9:25 PM

Didn't want to be the only person in the forum that didn't comment! Let's see... I'll repeat: Drool! Moan! I want! And most of all THANKS!

jbruni@yahoo.com ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 9:34 PM

Being a bit of a techno-weenie, I'm really hoping that P5 takes advantage of the Altivec/Velocity Engine in the G4 AND dual CPUs that Apple ships. I'm also hoping that P5 will support distributed rendering across multiple boxes on a network. Buying a bunch of Xserves to build a rackable render-farm for P5 would be way cool.

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 9:54 PM

I do believe Curious Labs has made a great effort to take the necessary time to make sure Poser 5 will be "the best it can be." Won't this be the first "really new version" that Curious Labs has created? Weren't the rest of the versions handled by other companies? Didn't Curious Labs just do their best to make things work? This is the way I see it. I don't need anything more to go with Poser 4.03. I don't need any more figures, clothes, utilities, nothing. So I can start saving that money for the Poser 5 upgrade. In my mine, Mike and Vicky have already begun to shift over to the ranks of the "outmoded" characters. Eventually they'll be eating dinner with Posette and Dork, and talking about "the good old days." *** "This message states My Not So Humble Opinion. Your opinion may differ from mine. I respect your opinion!"

Wanda Burns ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 10:03 PM

I am immensely impressed by what I've seen..... especially the hairlab and the facelab.. but the overall design of the interface is a tremendous improvement. The skirt avi was very very cool. I am looking forward to getting my copy. :)

SirJohn ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 10:48 PM

I think I just crapped my pants!

SirJohns World

hOss69 ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 11:00 PM

One tab that I'm curious to see is the "Content" tab. It's the only one we haven't seen, yet;) Perhaps there's a good reason for it;) Patrick

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 11:20 PM

"something a clown coughed up..." lol words on os stuff p5 has been under construction for a while..xp just came out. Its not logical to assume it wont work on earlier windows versions. that said, very nice preview. The clothing animation is just toooooooo cool! so what are we looking at for a release date? Siggraph? :) BT

sagestl ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 12:23 AM

WOW- everything looks absolutely great! Can't WAIT!

fabricator ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 12:37 AM

Attached Link: http://vrml.at/vrmlworlds/

two questions: One will the animation previewer actually playback in realtime ? It is a real plain trying to see if lipsinc is working ok when you need to output as AVI etc to see. Two will the H-anim exportor actuall be of usable quality instead of the broken half complete one we have at the moment ?

harper_ ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 12:38 AM

Man, I'm glad I haven't ordered my new notebook yet. Lemme see: 2Ghz Intel, 1Gb RAM, at least 64Mb graphics, 60Gb HD... I just hope that it'll be enough, 'cause that's the max you can get. Steve, thanks for sharing, and let us know more when you can! Of course it wouldn't hurt to update the CL homepage, now that you've got such a nice banner here on R'osity ;)

sulian ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 1:07 AM

And the compatibility with the others applications (Max, Lightwave or Cinema4D) ? Sulian

melodygm ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 1:11 AM

faint hair hair hair.. let's hear it for the hair...!!!! cloth cloth cloth... so much for sleeping now... ggrrr.. I will be dreaming of little poser people with hair!!!! I can't wait!!! I am curious though what the price will be....

timoteo1 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 1:40 AM

Maybe I'm just totally missing what they were saying, but I thought TheVelvetFox's saying "A anitomically correct Poser figure?!?" was reffering to the posted pic of the nude P5 male figure. Just IN CASE ... Poser figures have been "anatomically" correct for a LONG, LONG time. If I'm missing your point entirely, my apologies in advance for being a moron. If I'm not, I think you need to take a look at Poser 4. -Tim

timoteo1 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 1:43 AM

Attached Link: http://65.57.227.139

PS> Kupa: What can I say that hasn't already been said. (AMAZING! ENTHRALLING! CAN'T WAIT! THANK YOU! ETC.) Well except, how about a cool hologram for the product packaging ... and a nice huge, large-scale hologram for the lobby of your offices? ;-) -Tim (The Hologram Man)

minfer ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 1:47 AM

P4 must be the thing to work with finding all the gaps and filling them in ! texture applying at last ! plus defaulted installed hair application! whens the due date?!?! tell me!

harper_ ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 1:56 AM

Something just hit me - and I haven't seen anything about it here either. Do you realize that the Final Fantasy movie comes within arm's reach of us humble Poser users with this new version?

timoteo1 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 2:03 AM

Attached Link: http://65.57.227.139

Harper: I said the very same thing to my wife, practically. She was wondering what I was so excited about. I showed her the animations and screen shots and said, "We're talking Final Fantasy stuff here." (Perhaps a slight exaggeration of course.) She just gave me a brief nod, then a look that said, "So now I nor the kids will EVER see you again, eh?" -Tim

akin_ ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 3:31 AM

Attached Link: http://akin.free.fr/poser.htm

Nice things to see you work on it Pal ! I just hope CL will be sage enough to wait for all the fixing of the known bugs before selling it ! I do not own the propack but I remember all the fuss it has done ! But I'm ready to bet They will do it nice this time ! Just got a question, not for me of course ;), do CL planned to launch a several language version ? Regards A'kin

sulian ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 3:44 AM

Akin, comme on se retrouve, j'ai dpostun message sur yahoo pour prenir tout le monde. A plus. Sulian

jfbonte ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 4:58 AM

That s a really HUGE step for Poser, the kind of step we were all wishing and praying for :) Just by looking at those samples, I m completly amazed at the great work you guys have done. My sincerest respect and admiration to the CL team, and a huge hug to you all for putting our dream features to reality ! cheers JF

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 5:37 AM

This is the poser that everyone who had poser1 dreamed of, it's been a while but the new poser millenium is finally upon us :) Rob

kzarah ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 6:43 AM

This is making me go totally mental...I must say!

movida ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 7:34 AM

It took me 2 days to recover, I'm sooooo glad it's real

batista ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 7:46 AM

i read the first 120 then got tired of all the rave, Poser has always been awesome to me, all of it has always been 100% in my book, but just to be devil's advocate for a sec, does P5 have collision detect or not. I'm an animator and P4 is a total no go unless you're an artist using it for modeling purposes only. Please let there be collision detect; my hopes skyrocketed when i saw the blouse and dress. But then again it could have been imported into Lightwave and rendered there with collision detect. That's why i'm asking, was there a second program used to make that animation or does P5 have collision detect?

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 8:38 AM

Ok, I've only got one question: How Much? What's the price, system requirements, etc. I went to Curios' website and there's no mention of P5. I'm on a crippling budget but greed and the "but I WANT it" demon is starting to get the best of me. Will educational discounts be available?

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 8:41 AM
Site Admin

OK.. I'm impressed with all the new features and fancy effects and extra helpful stuff for animators, Great new options! :) BUT.. looks like I'll have to be the one once again to play the devil's lawyer part.. darn! :( Even though this thread has come up to 250 replies by now, I've seen not even ONE concern about the most serious problem of Poser 4 and how Curious Labs intends to deal with it in Poser 5! Well Kupa???? :) By that..I mean Poser's friendly functionality.. is it going to be any easier at last to use the stuff we've got that gets more and more day in and day out.. will the frustrating LIBRARIES get reworked to accept subfolders of our own or allow us to browse on our disks, so we don't have to install each single thing and scroll down library folders for hours till we get carpal wrist syndrome? (and I'm dead serious about this.. NO joke!) Has it been taken special care and a new extention as well as section for those dreadful endless MAT files that have not only clogged up my Poses dir but now creep into my camera dir and other sections too? THESE ARE what I'm most concerned to find out if I'll see in the NEXT version! A program that can do wonders for me means nothing unless it also provides me the right tools to use what it has to offer FAST, reliable and in a EASY FRIENDLY WAY, without frustrations or making me give up looking for the item I was looking for, as at present it consumes most of my time searching and scrolling... up to the point I'm seriously getting tempted to give up! Well Kupa?? :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

RShamms ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 9:12 AM

I am amazed. I was shooting the dreams with a friend the other day. She asked what I would like to see in P5, and I unthinkingly replied "the ability to create real looking hair". As a LightWave person, I am quite familiar with Sasquatch, a hair creation plugin. Looks to me like Curious pushes everything way way ahead, with hair and more. Absolutely stunning Kewp!

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 9:21 AM

Cedarwolf, educational editions are great if you qualify for those, but I don't. I'm not a student or a teacher. I'll have to buy the standard version. If the price is too steep, I'll have to stand out in the cold and watch people who can afford it having fun with it. I suppose I'll have plenty of company out there, but still, if Curious Labs is smart, they'll know that selling in bulk at lower prices will make them more money than selling a high priced product to only a few people who can dish out the cash for it. Please consider that, CL. You'd not only do us a favor, but yourselves as well. Melanie

ChrisD ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 9:46 AM

Fishnose said:

Serious Poser panic sets in - I'm going to die in front of my computer when I get P5, I'm already foregoing sleep, family life, sanity etc.....

Then you sound exactly like the development team! :')

I've read through the entire thread and I have only one comment, due to duct tape:

CHOCOLATE PECAN COOKIES!!!!!!
Send them on immediately!!! I would definately create far better content if my belly is stuffed full of yummy cookies!!!

Chris (always thinking with his stomach...)

jval ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 9:52 AM

Actually Renapd, I asked the same thing way back in posting 91. Library management is very important to me and I seriously doubt that you and I are the only ones who are concerned about this. Let's hope P5 has a decent management system in place. I would especially like to be able to store my models, textures, etc on another drive- ideally a cd. As part of such a system I would like to be able to "point" Poser to the data files interactively. I have an awful lot of Poser stuff but even though most of it is used infrequently it all has to be on my hard disk permanently (unless I want to constantly install/deinstall, no fun at all.) A decent management system would save me an awful lot of time and hard disk space. If I could build different directly useable "category" cds for all this stuff that would be enough reason for me to upgrade. - Jack

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.