Fri, Oct 4, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: California Dreaming

DSDragon ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 10:09 AM

looks at the screencaps, and drools inanely I think I know what heaven is now... Mind, I'm one of the P4 learners, as I dun have the patience to learn the side proggies others use to make clothes, tex, hair, whatever, but this looks like it incorporates it all! I just have one request of kupa, if yer still reading these threads and yer brain hasn't crawled out yer ear in an attemt at escaping... PLEASE, find a way to be able to import the final P5 characters into Bryce directly! If that can be done, you've just made one exceptionally droolerifically happy dragon! :-D

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 10:12 AM

I just now noticed something in #37 above. The texture map shown in the screen shot is laid out exactly like Michael's. Can I make a wild guess that DAZ is playing a large part in this? But, of course, weren't the original Poser figures made by Zygote, which later spun off as DAZ? I can only assume that the new P5 figures are cousins of the Millennium people. If so, YAY!!!!! Melanie

tshughes ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 10:25 AM

The skirt and top movement on the skirt avi is amazing, but her breasts should be moving too. Any hope here? T. Hughes

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 10:55 AM

I haven't seen Answers for hardly any of the Questions posted here. I'm super excited about Poser5's new features, but I would also like to know the answer to renapd's question posted a little further up. I would also like to know about crosstalk issues. Lastly, I would like to know whether Poser5 will be able to make use of a dual processor. I've got one of the sweetest systems you can get nowadays, but it doesn't do me a bit of good in regards to poser if poser can't fully make use of it. I know 3d studio max4 likes my computer. Will poser 5 like my computer with a dual processor?

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 11:27 AM

I would assume that the reason we're not hearing answers to the questions is that they're probably working on these things. CL has been reading our threads for ages and and they know what we've all been asking for. I can only assume that these things are already being taken into consideration when designing version 5. Melanie

Colin ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 11:51 AM

Jval (How ya doin' neighbour? Long time, no talk!) - Post #256 & Rena (Nice to hear from you m'lady!) - Post #250 re your posts, I refer you to the image of 'Alex' in post #29 - to me, it looks like that little blue 'file folder' with the arrow on it in the top icon of the library pretty much confirms that folders can be NESTED, at least to a certain degree! I think everything Kupa posted, he posted for a very good reason! Examining those images for clues is like playing 'Where's Waldo?' for grown-ups! To me the unanswered question is still: How well will P5 play with Vue and Bryce??????? Inquiring minds want to know!!!! Cheers!

davidrivera ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 11:52 AM

I would like to see an answer to mabfairyqueens's question. Im building a Dual Processor Athlon machine and it would be nice if Poser 5 could take advantage of it.

FDietz ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 1:35 PM

Attached Link: http://sketchythings.com

This is the first time I've looked at this forum, and I'm absolutely amazed at the sneak preview of Poser 5. How can we all possibly wait? I'm already imagining what I'll be doing with all those great new features. Thanks!

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 1:51 PM

I haven't touched poser since seeing those pictures, partly because I've been busy, but mostly because I wish it was poser5, someone mentioned about the textures being like the millenium figures, kupa did answer a similar question, but he got all cryptic & genetic about it. Rob

Chris ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 4:45 PM

nice nice ... well, the first view of P5 is nice ... nice new features, nice UI, nice tools ... ... but lets see what really will come out. Will it be possible THIS time to get a localized version at the same time as the english one? Will it be possible THAT P5 isnt that buggy as P3 or P4 when it came out? What is with THAT copy protection? You remember? We have had a looooong discussion about it when Pro Pak came out! Will it be possible to use it with other 3D apps easyly like Bryce or Vue? OK OK, enough questions :-) ... we will see what comes out soon ... Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

bound4doom ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 5:01 PM

You know one thing I wish they would do in the next version is allow some customization of the basics on the controls. The controls are great you can resise and move around however the control names like the dials and stuff that soft white and the font combo sometimes i find them hard to read. Now the brighter yellow one on the controls above I found very easy to read while the white ones on the same page were harder to read. Any Way you can make it so we can adjust our controls text colors and fonts to our preference? Dunno maybe I am getting old and the eyesite is going. But that would make it more accessable.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 5:38 PM

" i hope they also think about the annimation tools.something that can add your rendered avi's together"< thats no an animation tool thats a video post production feature that should be done in a video editing application not in poser.

My website

YouTube Channel

jval ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 6:47 PM

Hey Colin... I do quite fine. And you? Yes, I saw that blue folder icon but I'm not sure if it's a Poser thing or an OS thing. What I would really like is for Poser to look for data (library) files in the usual place as well as at least one secondary location (ie. a library directory on a cd) which is user configurable. ps. Vue and Bryce I know but Waldo?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 7:33 PM

WOW!!!! Just seeing this makes me happy that I have Poser4 w/Pro Pack. I might just be able to afford Poser5 now. :) Do you think it'll run on a 1.2GHz system with 512MB RAM and a GeForce4? Kupa, Amazingly Awesome stuff!! I'm going to view those animations a few hundred more times just to make sure this isn't a dream. Keep us posted on progess and please, pretty please, make a version for Mac OSX available soon after! Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 7:44 PM

In response to a couple of questions on this topic, the Poser 5 manual has been completely rewritten from scratch. :-) Anthony Hernandez Curious Labs

design ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 8:06 PM

Hi Kupa, P5 looks pretty exciting. Will Python be supported? Thanks, Brian

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 9:39 PM

Anthony Good to see ya! How have ya been? Ron

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 9:50 PM

Been in Korea. More later.

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 10:17 PM

K!

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 10:27 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Nope, didn't buy the joke thing for a minute, notice how CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT some people are from this thread? Well, I think we can all safely say who the beta testers are, they're too busy drooling in front of Poser 5 rather than at this thread :)))

gcbright ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 10:52 PM

Hi, I sure hope that a PRO Pack update comes out with Poser 5. I am really addicted to using Poser with Lightwave. (The world's greatest combo!!)

Kenmac ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 1:19 AM

"In response to a couple of questions on this topic, the Poser 5 manual has been completely rewritten from scratch.

:-)

Anthony Hernandez
Curious Labs"

Thanks Anthony. The P4 manual was kind of "iffy" on certain topics and I'm glad to hear the new manual has been rewritten.

Knuten ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 2:07 AM

Uff da! This is fantastisk!! I want to help, so I hereby humbly volunteer to serve as one of your beta-testers.

xvcoffee ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 2:55 AM

Allright, I've got a question as well. Does the gravity work sideways as well as down? As in wind blowing?

Prime1 ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 3:50 AM

All I can say is WOW, and here's to hoping I have the $$$ to buy P5 when it does come out.

LuckyLook ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 3:51 AM

That's what I wanted to ask too... And I was wondering if the hair would be using dynamics as well !

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 4:35 AM

file_14720.jpg

Every revolution has its victims... GIMME FIVE!

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 5:06 AM

Hey guys, this may sound like "lecturing," but let's remember that kupa said he couldn't tell us everything for various reasons. After all Poser is still under production, and yes, they had to save some news for the media. If memory serves, Poser 5 was written from scratch as a whole new program. That means you can forget about all those old bugs and limitations from previous versions of Poser. I wouldn't be surprised to see all our concerns have been addressed with Poser 5. It's possible that some of these concepts or features may have been missed earlier on, and that some effort has been or will be made to include or add them later. I can imagine a collaboration with people like hogwarden (PBooost) and others. The way I see it, Poser 5 promises to be a bold new adventure, and the best thing we've seen so far. Yes, I'm damned excited, and want my copy today if not sooner. Oh well, that's a nice fantasy. I'll keep saving my pennies until Poser 5 is released. And I won't spend another dime on Poser-related stuff till I can buy Poser 5. Hell, I keep realizing just how much stuff I've already collected, and know I'll never even keep up with it all.

mrtom ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 5:38 AM

my hope is that this time quicktime would be supported for mapping and MOST OF ALL i expect an output to video that doesnt FLICK (deinterlace odd or even) but all this sounds amazing anyway (finally no more playmo hair style), imagine that gorilla from daz with full hair on? or an animation with hair growing and floating (hope its possible) hope we'll be able to be as an hairdresser under frenzy (i was looking forward to attempt to model a "nina dolono" character some of this day but always stop because there were no way to get the hair done... this is so great, hope it wont push the $ to far....

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 5:48 AM

Kaylypso said: "Nope, didn't buy the joke thing for a minute, notice how CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT some people are from this thread? Well, I think we can all safely say who the beta testers are, they're too busy drooling in front of Poser 5 rather than at this thread :)))" DITTO to that! Something in the back of my mind asked, "and why not, where else has poser to go?" xvcoffee said: "Allright, I've got a question as well. Does the gravity work sideways as well as down? As in wind blowing?" That question also occured to me when I was trying to sleep last night. One of the many questions we're all dying to know the answers to. :o) I don't know how it would be much harder to incorporate than those hair control dials we're seeing. I hope they've incorporated atmospheric effects to some degree, like wind. Although, I seriously doubt that poser 5 is going to make programs like 3d Studio Max and Maya obsolete by having every feature that they have all in a more user friendly setup for an "affordable" price. What they've shown is enough to get me at the edge of my seat. I just hope and am fairly confident that they've adressed things like cross talk and the library system. Commenting on these threads is a way of coping with the anticipation and excitement. So I'm babbling away. I think it's obvious that Curious Labs has taken the community's feedback into consideration to produce a profoundly superior product to it's predecessors.

xvcoffee ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 6:23 AM

Trying to sleep? I'm not doing any of that untill the Mac version of it is running on my dual-blower G5. As for Maya and Lightbulb, these multi-thousand-buck tomes could well be replaced by a three figure retail app. It's happened before.

dokwho8 ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 8:42 AM

Judging from the ball and hair animation it appears that there will be a collision system is this true? What about a sytem similar to mimic, for doing lipsyncing? I certaintainly think that Poser 5 should contain all the basics for doing an animated movie, without having to go to outside sources or extra expense.

Likos ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 9:09 AM

To the screen shots and comments by Kupa, WOW! Only one thing to add: Please don't take too long after the PC version is released to release the MAC version. I understand that no legacy code could be used for P5 on the MAC so it requires a rework of everything. But on the other hand I hate when a program is released for PC and MAC users are stuck waiting 6 months to a year for the same version. My 2 cents. Thanks for what looks like a great program in the works.

mon1alpha ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 9:48 AM

Gimme , gimmee, I want I want I want and if I don't get it I'm gonna hold my breath until I go blue in the face. Mon ps: I suppose the new Poser 5 does look quite reasonable ;-)

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 12:00 PM

Nosfiratu,
Thanks for the note on the manual. I know everyone's offering to beta test the software (myself included) but if you need someone outside CL just to read through the manual and give feedback on what makes sense, what doesn't, and things like that I'd consider doing that.

FWIW, I held Secret clearance in the military and never told the "Commies" anything AND my wife accuses me of being quite literate. ;-)

I've got postgraduate degrees that cover communication/learning styles and personality types so that could also add some valuable perspective.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

eazolan ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 1:31 PM

I haven't been able to find this info, so this may be an idiot question. Apologies in advance if it is.

Will Poser 5 be Multiproccessor?

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 1:33 PM

that's another question that has no answer yet. so many questions and so much time to wait for answers. Rob

Kinsfire ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 1:34 PM

I will admit that I'm going just a little crazy waiting...

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 1:42 PM

Yeah, thanks for reminding me Bobosaur. Hey! Anthony! I'm a really good speller and proofreader... hint, hint, wink, grin. Kate (the heck with beta testing, I wanna see the new manual)

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 2:36 PM

I volunteer to beta test the coffee, gotta be strong enough to keep the ideas bouncing off the walls, but not too strong, we don't want you guys bouncing off the walls instead of working on P5. :D Rob

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 2:55 PM

Warning!

If we keep pestering him/them with all these requests to test stuff, the CL staff may end up having to have their shrinks perscribe them some beta-blockers.

o.k. It's a medication joke and it's rather pathetic. I never said my wife didn't also accuse me of being somewhat twisted.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 3:01 PM

lol very twisted Bobasaur, it's a good job they love poser as much as us if not more or we'd never see poser5 in our lifetimes. Rob

Hiram ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 3:37 PM

Well, see what happens if you go away from here for a couple of days? I can't believe I just read this entire thread. As a Mac user, I'm not very pleased to hear about the delay of the Mac version. The last thing I'm going to want to do is come here every day and see what new goodies are cooked up by/for P5 that I can't use. PC only content is frustrating enough as it is (utilities mostly). I know it's pointless to encourage CL to hurry it up, because they obviously want to get the Mac version out as soon as possible as well. But this is really going to suck. For the first time in my geek-life, I'm tempted to go dual-platform and get a PC. But only if it doesn't mean having to buy a Mac version later.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 5:18 PM

Hiram,
I can relate - I'm a Mac user, too.
However, the plus side is that they (the PC users) will go through and identify bugs/features and start developing tutorials etc. so we can jump ahead and hit the ground running when it comes to us.

Ahhh, the joys of finding the silver lining.

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 9:16 PM

P5 looks really great! Thanks for the preview, and I'll definately be there on day one of the new release. I've had a blast with P4 and the Pro-Pack and really look forward to advancing when you let this out of the box! -Jeff

kmw ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 11:10 PM

I see quite a bit of concern about whether POSER 5 will make all the add-ons we've purchased for POSER 4 useless. Now this is something I have to doubt. Would Curious Labs really wipe out everything this community has built with the single sweep of an upgrade? Did Bill Gates buy CL and not tell us? Not to my knowledge. I'm willing to bet we'll still be able to use anything we have now with POSER 5. Much like we're dropping P2 figures in 4 and Pro Pack. But much like now, we'll continue using P4 accessories with P4 figures, Mike accessories with Mike, etc., etc. As a fan whose been impressed with POSER since v1, I've already got my wallet ready but I don't see anything wrong with continuing to build my current POSER library if I see something I like/want/need. The idea I won't be able to use it at all in an upgrade just doesn't seem likely.

Hep ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 11:24 PM

Attached Link: http:// www.heplersvideo@hotmail.com

Does a Tutural video come with it? to help us right brain users.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 12:10 AM

That would be a heckofa long Tutorial video...but that is a good idea, perhaps some third party company would do it? Can't ingrave it in stone, but I can almost guarantee CL wouldn't make any add-on's previous to Poser 5 useless, that would be bordering on ridiculous for them to do that. Lol, yes that would be very "Microsoft" of them... Be neat if they could make (old) low-res Poser figures adaptable for video game creation applications, much like Dicreet's free program "gmax". Make say, Poser 2 figures useful for a market again, instead of rarely ever using them.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 12:25 AM

Here's a question!!!!!!!!!!! ----------------- What's your guess on what the Upgrade and the Full price will be? Keep in mind the cool things we have been shown so far are usually only found in programs costing thousands of dollars. Hair/Fur generator, amazing materials editor(& generator?, either way, more advanced than Bryce's), cloth, collision detection(of some sort), D.O.F. blurring, etc. I will be happily amazed if the prices hardly rise. I guess...$200-$300 for upgrade, $500-$600 for full.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Solid Snake ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 2:43 AM

looks neat.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.