Thu, Sep 19, 9:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Copy/Paste Terrain Models into other Scenes

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 10:14 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:04 PM

I'm having problems making this work - any ideas?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 12:04 PM

Man, I just ran into that yesterday. For me it was saving the terrain to the browser; sometimes it worked, and sometimes not. Saving to or dragging from the browser would cause a crash. But it doesn't happen every time. I've reported it to Eovia. My work around was to simply create a file with all the terrains in it and then open, save as, and create my scene on it. And it's not just Carrara Terrains, it's ones made in Bryce too. Hope that gets fixed with the WIP patch there doing...

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 12:18 PM

Eh, it doesn't matter - all my files with the Terrain in it have become corrupted - if I transfer anything out of the scene into a new one - the corruption follows - there's something screwed up with the renderer - (see my previous post). So we get to START ALL OVER! YEAH!! Gotta love it!

ppowellaa ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 5:38 PM

I found that if I selected a terrain, copied it and pasted it into a scene it was flat (not terrain) any attempt to click on it and move it gave an error message, my work arround was past, then edit (opening the terrain to edit showed an unmodified feturless terrain) reapplied the texture and went back to the assembly room and I could move it like you would expect, have not tried adding a terrain to the brouser yet.

bluetone ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 1:07 PM

If you save a terrain map from within the terrain editor, then in a new file insert a new terrain object. Then, from within the terrain editor, import the map into the new terrain, it seems to work fine for me. I've found a few problems with using the browser. Sometimes it crashes when I drag a texture into it, sometimes the same for objects. I've never had a problem dragging something out of it, just into it. Hope this helps.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 1:53 PM

Haven't done that trick. Thanks for thee tip!

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 3:47 PM

Cool idea - gonna give it a go.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.