Sun, Oct 6, 5:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Michael wont render

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:17 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:27 AM

AAAARGH! I'm running P4.03. If I load Daz's Michael as a single figure he will render fine. If I put him with any other figures - Vicky for example - then the whole thing crashes when I hit the render button. Is it me, Michael, Poser or what?

Jack

Omnedon ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 8:38 PM

What machine are you running? How much mem, how fast, etc... Can you render other scenes with mutiple figures (other than Michael). What about Michael with props and/or background?

lemur01 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 2:32 AM

Okay, gulps down first coffee of the morning.

I'm running an Athlon 1.33ghz with 1G ram but on windows ME. 16M Voodoo3 graphics card. I've had problems before with rendering mulitiple figures causing the programme to crash but rebooting has always sorted it out. Not with Michael though.

Poser will render fine with Michael plus props and other figures, it's only when I put another Daz figure in the scene that I get the problem.

By the way, it's Michael 2 with Hi-res texture.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 7:40 AM

'Athlon 1.33ghz with 1G ram but on windows ME' and there could be your problem... Win9x (of which ME is part) does not support ram over 256mb :( bascially it's not using it at all.. for that much ram you need win2k or winXp... interesting to note - M$ still support the older 98Se but have effectively dumped ME... Kai

lemur01 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 9:52 AM

Yeah I know ME is a hunk of junk, but Hi res Victoria 2 (even with a couple of Milenium kids in tow) will still render okay. I'll be ditching ME for XP as soon as I have enough coin of the realm, but I'm doubtfull about this being purely a RAM problem.

williamsheil ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 3:07 PM

Windows 9x versions do support RAM over 256K, but there certainly are reports of memory bugs in ME from Poser users.

However, you may also want to try the old trick of deleting some of the RSR files in the geometries (NOT THE LIBRARIES) folder, just in case some of these have been corrupted.

Bill

lemur01 ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 3:19 PM

Thanks guys. I've up-dated to XP and that seems to have sorted it. I'll have a go at the RSR files too... just to be on the safe side. Thanks again for your help. Jack

williamsheil ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 1:22 AM

Actually I know remember that I had the same problem with an almost identical configuration ME/256MB, Vicky and Hi-Res hair. The temporary solution was to reduce the resolution of the textures which seemed to be the cause of the problem. Most folk who have upgraded to XP seem to have found a positive improvement. Bill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.