Sun, Sep 22, 12:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can someone please help me make WORD BALOONS??????

3DSprite ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 12:41 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 1:58 AM

Okay, might sound strange, and maybe I should already know this cause it's probably real easy, but I don't?? Anybody care to explain?? Do I use one of the lasso tools for this?? I have seen some real nifty word balloons on renderings so I know this can be done with style and flare?! I need them for making a comic and they gotta look professional? ~3D ;-)

pam ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 2:16 PM

well, there are probabaly a hundred ways to do it, but what I would do is open a new layer, use the lasso to capture the shape, use selection smooth to take out the hand shake wiggles, fill it with white, and stroke it with black. anyone else?

BazGibb ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 4:02 PM

yep, I would make a new layer, use the elipse selection tool and fill it with white. I would then use the line selection tool to make the "pointy" bit at any angle you choose. Then, fill it with whit also. Deselect all and make sure you fill the complete balloon in with white several times to get rid of any jaggies.

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 5:19 PM

http://www.piekosarts.com/blambotfonts/ Go there. He has two packs of them pre-made in all kinds of shapes in EPS format :) Grab the cool comic fonts while you are there too :) -Trav

3DSprite ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 12:42 AM

Thanks for all the info folks!!!! ;-) This helps!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.