Sun, Oct 6, 5:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Tablet problem

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2002 at 5:24 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:40 AM

I know this isn't tecnically a photoshop thing, but I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I recently upgraded to windows XP and, like a good boy, I went to various manufacture's web sites of all my periph... periph... added on bits to get the new drivers. I've got a Genius 1812HR tablet and downloaded the new driver for XP. Problem. Moving the stylus over the pad moves the pointer around the screen as it should. When I move the pointer over a button, the button becomes highlighted as it should. But the stylus will not activate the button. Nor will it draw in photoshop. The tablet program comes with its own test screen and the stylus works perfectly on this to draw lines. But on any other app screen... nothing. Now, when I ran the tablet's upgrade setup program I got the error message 'Load setup dll failed'. I re-downloaded the upgrade drivers but the same thing happened. Genius.com want me to return the tablet, but I think it's more likely to be some kind of a software conflict rather than a failure of the tablet. I've tried all the obvious things but maybe there is a guru out there who can point me in the right direction. Jack

Slynky ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2002 at 10:32 AM

not sure if you can do it with genius tablets, but in the driver application, can you manually add programs to the list of compatible tablet software? You can do it with Wacom, i know that much...

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2002 at 10:49 AM

Not sure what you mean but there is nothing in either the programme folder or the literature to suggest that you can. Oh, something I forgot. The tablet WAS working properly in Photoshop after upgrading the driver for the first time. But since that first time... zip. This is what makes me think the must be some kind of conflict. But i've added no other software or hardware in the meantime or upgraded anything else.

Slynky ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2002 at 7:20 PM

my tablet stopped working once for 5 days, no reason, and then for no reason it started working again.... Maybe you can live with a "downgrade" to Win2K??? That might be a decent fix, and its just as stable as XP. otherwise, reinstalling photoshop and the tablet maybe? You might also just have some little option checked off in photoshop somewhere, tho i wouldnt know what it would be....

hendrikm ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 10:31 AM

I would try the following: deinstall the driver, use the drivers deinstall program if available, not windows. clean the registry (!!!) reinstall the driver Good Luck !

lemur01 ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 12:50 PM

Thanks Hendrikm, trying that tomorrow. (stupid hunk of junk computer mutter, mutter...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.