Sun, Sep 22, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: What's the First thing you are going to do with Poser5 ???

jerr3d ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 6:59 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

I think I'll check out the new human figures.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:11 PM

I'll probably install it first thing.

madriver ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:13 PM
  1. check out new figures 2. see if cloth can do clothing 3. new face modeling tool 4. hair 5. lose sleep

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:13 PM

After installing, checking out the folder structure, and putting in a test selection of P4 items I expect I'll load a couple of test PZ3's, and play with render options to compare with the same renders in P4.

VIDandCGI ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:17 PM

I want to see what the new render engine is going to be like

Hiram ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:20 PM

First, dinner and a movie, then I'll take it home and go to bed with it. If I still respect it in the morning, I'll install it.

Alchera ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:24 PM

Render up some cash to pay off the credit card.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:26 PM

Play. It would be a rare treat to install something and not have to use it immediately to make deadline. If I make spaghetti out of the hair and wrap his knickers into a tie-dyed twist and displace his features so much that he is more alien than anyone ever shown on StarTrek... then I'll be content. :) Carolly

wdupre ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:46 PM

Remember Hiram P5 aint as cheep as P4 better make it dinner and a broadway play, anything but Cats.;^)

whoopdat ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:51 PM

Render the new female naked in a temple with a helmet, sword, ice cream cone, and a discarded tire.

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:57 PM

I'll probably first play with a few things, then test to find out exactly what I own and / or have made works well with the new soft-body dynamics.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

brycetech ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 7:58 PM

thats "old style" hiram Im not taking it to dinner and movie first. :P BT

Dolphin ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:00 PM

hit 75 and praise god I finally saved up enoughL

pokeydots ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:02 PM

Well I was going to say sleep with it, but sheesh, its already been said! So maybe I will just sit and drool on it!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:12 PM

Stare at it in despair knowing that I am not worthy.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:14 PM

Read the entire manual, cover to cover. * waves hello to Nosfiratu in case he's watching * Then I'll load some old animation projects and try them out with the new renderer, for comparison purposes.

Satoshi05 ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:28 PM

Poke myself about a billion times with a sharp twig to make sure I'm not dreaming...then play with the face modeling tool ^_~ MUHAHAHAHA can't wait to see new faces in the poser galleries

jchimim ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:39 PM

i will hug it and pet it and squeeze it and pet it i will name it george....

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:40 PM

"I will hold it and love it and pet it......, Tell me about the Poser rabbits, George....." Lenny Scarab <- from "Of Mice and Dorks"

jchimim ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:47 PM

was thinking of the abominable snowman (?) from a Bugs Bunny cartoon....

tasmanet ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 9:03 PM

Wait for the upgrades

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 9:04 PM

I don't know, but I suspect it will involve loud cursing and percussive maintainence.

jchimim ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 9:15 PM

Definately, the "love it and pet it and name it george" was the FIRST thing, before the install...

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 9:24 PM

Try to get my friend's face on a doll and bitch like hell that I STILL can't do it!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 9:40 PM

I'm going to make plenty of nude renders for my gallery.

Kendra ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 9:41 PM

Search for the "California Dreaming" thread and actually read it.

Then I'll check out the manual.

...... Kendra

Im4Angels ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 10:01 PM

Install it, keeping adding more and more figures to the same scene and rendering it until I see how many it takes to crash it (or make it scream for mercy, which ever comes first).

hein ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 10:53 PM

At $549 in the US (acc to ComputerArts mag.) and more than likely twice that overhere, I won't even bother.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 11:04 PM

displace his features so much that he is more alien than anyone ever shown on StarTrek... then I'll be content. :) Carolly, Even more alien than Species 8472, from Voyager? that I like to see :-) CT

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

brycetech ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 11:38 PM

btw, at 549 dollars I dont think I should have to take it to dinner first :P BT

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 11:42 PM

Mr Tuna, It would appear that aliens worship female humans (which is why they come to earth and delicately capture them with their soft-tentacled pseudopods). Once back home in a nearly weightless environment, they install these perfect specimens in brightly lit niches in their temples. Since space flight is quite expensive, even for a Mother Church encompassing 3/4 of Known Space, holograms of these deities are sold to visitors and pilgrims as souvenirs. Unfortunately, the black underbelly of the Market has made inferior 2-dimensjional copies of these images widely available, even to those who have not made the pilgrimage to Earth. [Please note that this explains the quality of the light, the architectural background, the tippy-toed position, the perky breasts, and the vacant other-worldly expression]

Spanki ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 11:56 PM

I kinda hate giving the idea away (but others will think of it soon enough), but the first thing that popped into my head (so to speak) when I read about P5 was to open up "Spanki's Internet Head Shop".

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Redleaf ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 12:25 AM

Sit in my dark apartment clutching my new Poser 5 cd greedily while talking to myself and constantly referring to it as "My preciousss!".

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 1:09 AM

MAKE A BACK-UP COPY!

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 1:50 AM

Probably take it out of the package, install it, and find some earth shattering quest to send hubby on so I'll have lots of uninterrupted time to play with it. :) Kate (who wants to see if she can actually make a draped cowl necked blouse or something equally nice and elegant for her ladies to wear)

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 1:59 AM
  1. Release party!!! 2) Stripping down, grabbing a sword, and fending off the inevitable mountain of tech support calls we'll get while trying not to trip over the bald tire some fool left in the doorway. :-D Anthony Hernandez Curious Labs PS - You guys are going to be so blown away by Poser 5! And I am so freakin' proud and honored to be part of the team that put it together, I could about burst.

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 2:28 AM

Anthony - think you'll get a little time off to catch your breath before the final release and the tech calls begin? Message671414.jpg

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 2:52 AM

Sit in my dark apartment clutching my new Poser 5 cd greedily while talking to myself and constantly referring to it as "My preciousss!".< Ok, Redleaf, just how many times did you see or read "Lord of The Rings"? -- Anthony, About how many of the tech support calls you'll get do you think will be 'cause some 'durn fool' didn't RTFM? :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

brycetech ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 3:27 AM

hey anthony, just to get warmed up for those calls, ya'll want us to start calling now and asking things that're way off the wall? You know: whys the sky blue? How come you park on driveways and drive on parkways? Did bill clinton really have sex with that woman? stuff like that..heh BT

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 3:47 AM

kneel on the floor facing west worshiping CL ;) Then run around like a looney crying & laughing cause I finally got poser5. How many times a day you gonna get a call from a Mac owner asking when Poser5 Mac version will be released, sorry guys I hope it won't be too long. Rob

XSashaX ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 4:49 AM

Load up the new Poser 5 dork and check out his equipment.

:O)

Sasha

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 4:53 AM

RTFM :))

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

davidm ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 5:03 AM

Rev up the new rendering engine and start animating stuff like crazy! Woooo-hoooo-baby!!!! :-) Dave (ever so slightly excited) ;-)

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 5:14 AM

Try to bribe,convince or coerce my little one (65 MB RAM) to make friends with Poser 5 and actually work with him instead of crashing, freezing or bold walking out like he did with the Pro Pack....big sigh Dani PS: Redleaf: You know what happend to people who are too long under the spell of Poser, don't you? :)

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 5:46 AM

Vicki in a temple with a sword ? Nah . . . check out that hair and "collision detection" or whatever it's called now. then Start Animating a couple dancing, holding hands while walking or something like that . . anyrate something involving physical contact and animation.

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 5:59 AM

I think the first thing I would do is buy a new computer with enough power to run it.....this PII is straining with poser 4 already. Rawn

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 6:05 AM

Come on PhilC i never had you down as that sensible :o)....i'm just gonna pres every button i see :o).....Steve

gryffnn ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 6:13 AM
  1. (pre-delivery) Stock up refrigerator, hug friends, kiss loved ones 2. Rip off packaging, then RTFM while P5 installs 3. Load Millennium clan & P4Fem and run my products through their paces 4. Load new figures 5. Go wild with putty tool, hair and cloth 6. Set it all to render and more RTFM 7. Dust off old animation projects and get to work *Fine

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 6:42 AM

file_17683.jpg

Anthony, So, you think you can just strip down and grab any ol' sword, huh? If you want a sword, you're going to have to come and get it! Carolly

dragonzteeth ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 6:57 AM

Install it, tinker with it, continue to repeat "Holy Cow look at this" until my wife and family decide it is time to close the den door and ignore me.... Then render something, drag them back to the den and repeat "Holy Cow look at this!!!" anxiously awaiting -> DragonzTeeth

Mosca ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 7:43 AM

For $549, I damn well better be able to do anything I want...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.