Sun, Sep 22, 12:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Not "goodbye".. but "see you later"...

tlaubach ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 11:10 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

They took away my yahoo ID because I was directly linking to things on my Geocities web site.. that means my email address is gone.. it sucks because I lost so much information that I was storing... (other people's email, files, information about projects I was participating in...) it also means that I can't log into happyworldland to make site updates.. On top of that it seems as though I never seem to have any time to work on poser any more.. so I'm gonna "drop out" for a while.. anyhow.. here are 4 new p4 woman textures I had been working with that are marginally cool.. 1 the first one is a texture that is originally based on mikki's texture by thorne.. but really heavily modified.. (which was itself a blend of several happyworldland textures... funny how these things go).. 2 the second is my "alien" texture... it needs work but it's kind of cool, so I figured I'd share it. 3 last is a work in progress (WIP) texture that I've been sitting on for a while now, but I don't think I'll ever finish it... somebody else please finish it I think that it could be really cool.. 4 This one has a hairline on the texture.. it's rough.. but works from some camera angles.. my departing wish: all I ask is that you keep the textures flowing.. If you change around any happyworldland textures.. please post them! it's been fun guys! see you next time!

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 11:17 AM

You will be back though? please say yes we'll not just miss your great textures but a great you :o).......hurry back, Steve

David A. Runyon ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 11:31 AM

This is a very sad occasion. I very much admire the work you do, and will miss seeing your work. I also exclusively use your textures. Thank you so very much. I hope you find a way to get back on-line soon and return. You will be missed very much.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 11:37 AM

Oh, that Sucks! You will be missed. Hurry back.

gsalas ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 11:53 AM

Tlaubach, Since you have internet acsess and all still I may be able to help. I have a sight under construction with 30 e mails prepaid, and we are only using 6 of them if you wish, I would be more than willing to make a tlaubach adress under my domain for you. This is not charaty, simply because I use your textures alot, and feel that this alone merits the help. I was also interested in sub contracting you for a Verry high res female texture. If you are interested please reply on this post. I can have it up for you by Mon. or Tues. PLEASE say yes. -Gabe-

Jon ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 1:49 PM

Yahoo has pissed off a lot of people but please don't let it drive you away from Renderosity. Your absence will be felt and I just hope you accept Gabe's offer so we can send you e-mails to change your mind! :)

Traveler ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 2:20 PM

Tim, what can I say. Almost everything I render anymore uses a HWL texture. You will be sadly missed bud! -Trav

ookami ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 2:57 PM

I have unlimited emails at my site, dragonsart.com. If you need one, say the word. I love your textures and will wear black for a week is you leave! =)

Talos ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 5:27 PM

That's sad, you are the one that got me started doing textures. I hope things get straightened out eventually. Thanks for your help and inspiration.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 5:34 PM

Well you take a vacation but be sure to return .. you and your great stuff will be missed ..

Ikyoto ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 8:01 PM

Sayonara - it means "if it must be so..." I don't want to say goodbye, because you have said you will be back and you have always delivered before...

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 8:02 PM

Hurry back Tim!

tlaubach ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2000 at 9:15 PM

Thanks for all your kind words everybody! and gsalas... thanks for the offer! The thing is that there are other factors at play as well.. I need to take a break from poser so that I can get my professional life in order.. I need to concentrate on my primary passion (programming) for a while... and after that I can pick up on the graphics again... :)

gsalas ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2000 at 1:47 PM

Well take care and until next time. -Gabe-

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.