Fri, Sep 20, 3:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: increasing resolution in flat/straight objects w/out smoothing ?

roedertin ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 2:24 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:42 PM

dear all, probably it's like a very boring question to most of you, but I'm new at C2 and I just can't get one thing figured out : How do I create a flat object that's supposed to render with straight, sharp edges, like a wall with a window in it for example, with a high resolution but no smoothing effect ?! I've used the subdivide command and it increases poly count alright, but it makes my wall look like a soft pillow or something. please please anybody ???!! this is so frustrating !

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 9:50 PM

I'd build your object in the vertex modeler, depending upon your construction with the wall at leaset, model via the insert menu rectangle or block whatever it is in there..can't remember at the moment, and then when the dialog pops up..increase the cross sections that make up the object. Just out of curiousity why do you need a higher rez? for flat objects rez has slight effect...? Brian

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.