Thu, Sep 19, 9:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: looking for a penguin or polar bear model i can use in a scene.

phillycheese81 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2000 at 1:57 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:26 PM

hi all. i have been looking around a lot and cant find a penguin or polar bear model to use in a scene can anyone help??? ...i would rather not ahve to take the time to make one. thanks

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2000 at 10:37 AM

I believe Zygote has one for sale, and I think I've seen one on someone's site, but I've forgotten whose is is. Just one little point, however, if you're planning on using these two objects together: polar bears are in the northern hemisphere and penguins in the southern hemisphere, and they're never together. They live at opposite ends of the Earth. Just a little FYI, so you can avoid negative comments from others if you post it. Melanie

Scarab ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2000 at 11:38 AM

Maybe he's doing a zoo or SeaWorld scene.... Dedicated Digital has a polar bear which they have posted free in the past....but I'm not sure if, like Zygote, they would cause problems if someone sent it to you...perhaps they will offer it again? Scarab <-more of a subtropical beastie

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2000 at 11:59 AM

Dedicated Digital, http://www.dedicateddigital.com/ had a baby polar bear as a freebie. You might be able to get it from them, but their license is similar to Zygote's, so the models can't be shared. Zygote sells a bear as well as a penguin. You should be able to make a texture map to turn the brown bear into a polar bear.

phillycheese81 ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2000 at 3:30 PM

thanks for the info so far people, anyone who can help i am still looking so pleaase post a msg if u know somthing...ya thanks for the FYI , i do know that though. thanks again people. -phillycheese81

Scarab ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2000 at 8:02 PM

You got it....soon as a bear and penguin show up, you'll be the first to know...by the way...do these have to be POSABLE? if not that opens up all kinds of possible sources! Scarab <-posable on a good day

phillycheese81 ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2000 at 12:49 AM

yes posable is always usefull but there are ways of making it work if they arnt....anything would help as long as it "could" look real in a pic. thanks again all -phillycheese81

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.