Thu, Sep 19, 6:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Insufficient memory to render - the usual stuff isn't working

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2002 at 8:10 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:04 PM

Hi. Today I started getting the "insufficient memory to render at current resolution" message today while trying to render an image in a new window. The strange thing is that I was able to render five equally large images in a row just before the message started appearing, and I have 33 gigs free on the drive which Poser is on. I defragmented the drive, scanned it for errors, restarted numerous times, and tried rendering completely different documents; none of which have worked. Now I can't render anything larger than my workspace without getting the error. :( I'm on WinXP Pro with 256 RAM, 6 gig free on the main HD, 33 gig free on the HD Poser is on. Poser 4 with the latest CL patch. If anyone can help, I'll send you the small bonus package of lights and poses that I usually do. Thanks in advance, take care. SnowS Hoping his pictures are worth 1001 words.

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

queri ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2002 at 8:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/support/html/techSupportFAQ.html

Did you do the fix on CL's Tech FAQ's-- see link, it's number 4? It worked for me under exactly the same circumstances. Emily

mrp2284 ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2002 at 9:57 PM

Hi SnowS, Don't know if this will help but I had the same problem with WinXP Home Edition and here's what fixed it. I went to the following folder: Documents and Settings (Name of user you're currently logged into) Local Settings Temp ...and then deleted all of my temporary files. Then I rebooted and everything worked fine again. I make tons and tons of renders and have had to do this twice in about 4 months time. I think that the temp files build up after awhile and you have to clear them out (or some such thing). Not sure if that will help, but give it a shot :-) Good luck. Matt

galactron22 ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2002 at 11:29 PM

all you need to do is raise your virtual memory.This will not damage your computer at all, and it will actually increase the performance of your PC.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2002 at 11:57 PM

Thanks for your responses, I appreciate the help. Queri, thanks for the link, I had not seen that information before. I did as they said and raised the virtual memory to 10...which didn't work. Then I raised it to 17, which also wasn't enough. Finally I got mad and raised it to 40...which worked. ;) I'll send the bonus lights and poses to any of you for helping out, just IM me with an e-mail address and I'll mail it out. Thanks again, take care. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 1:40 AM

You might also want to look for a confused .swp file that's hanging around. Sometimes they forget who they are and what they're supposed to do -- or is that me forgetting, uh, never mind -- but they should delete themselves with a reboot. Feel free to delete it if has lost what was left of its mind, and start over, though I know that tends to be more of a Win 98 issue.

crisjon1950 ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 7:56 AM

I'm the timid sort. I never like to fiddle with things like swap files. I just moved Poser to it's own 30GB hard drive, and rarely got the insufficient memory error. When I did, a speed disk (defrag) was all that was necessary. SnowSultan's situation seemed rather unique. I'm glad it's been remedied.

queri ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 2:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/support/html/techSupportFAQ.html

It's not all that unique-- XP does it all the time, it seems to need actual proof you are not rendering on the main partition. For awhile saving the Pz3 file first on the swap partition held me and then I needed this fix, it is hidden so I changed the subject of this reply in the hopes that it will be easier to pick up on a search. And SnowSultan, I raised mine to 100.:)Cl is always a little cautious. And they weren't trying to render with wopper textures. Emily

crisjon1950 ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2002 at 3:42 PM

Actually, I've only had that error once or twice since I installed Poser on its own 30GB hard drive. Speed Disk (defrag) handled that problem swiftly.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.