Mon, Oct 21, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Coming this week at Daz...

MallenLane ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 8:37 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:36 PM

file_19932.jpg

Some greek inspired clothing and hairstyles from myself and MabFairyQueen. Two sets shown here, four of the 24 textures.

MallenLane ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 8:38 PM

file_19933.jpg

And the hairstyles... as a third set.

MallenLane ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 8:38 PM

file_19934.jpg

Another closeup...

sturkwurk ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 8:40 PM

Those are beautiful, nice work!

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

cwshorty ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 9:39 PM

Wow!!! This really look great, excellent job on these, I really love the hair.

SydneyKeys ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 11:22 PM

I'll have that.

Jazzmin ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 12:37 AM

oooooh!! These are great! I'll have that too :D

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

Dave71 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 1:09 AM

great job, beautiful

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 1:39 AM

Woohoo!! Now I can finally illustrate my goddesses.

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:12 AM

Excellent. :D

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:17 AM

Oh looks beautiful :) and... expensive ? Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:27 AM

Very lovely! - Especially the second one? I love classical themes - I've often wondered why no-one's done a Cretan gown for Vicky - seems such a natural! G

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 6:03 AM

SPECTACULAR!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 8:07 AM

I love the hair and I know a few people who will be dying to get these, good work, actually great work...Sharen

Eowyn ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 9:48 AM

Looking excellent!!! :)

Daio ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 10:39 AM

Definitely setting money aside for this. :-)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 12:25 PM

These are gorgeous! And my perennial question - will there be a historical equivalent coming out for Mike?

MallenLane ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 1:12 PM

file_19935.jpg

One more image. As far as something for Michael... I'm not sure. Probably not soon, if so.

the3dwizard ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 1:14 PM

Toga! Toga! Toga! (think Animal House) Looks great BTW

queri ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 2:10 PM

Looks like I will never have any money ever again.:)) Fabulous stuff. Love the hair, love the clothes. Hey, Vicki has something to wear in a temple besides a sword! this is a good thing, isn't it? Emily

tuckerwilly ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 5:50 PM

Wonderful outfits and fantastic hair...can't wait!

nikitacreed ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 6:05 PM

Outstanding work!! WOOHOO!

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 10:47 AM

Outstandingly beautiful - and just what I need for the kind of pictures I make!! But... all this beautiful stuff... why NOW, that I'm desperately trying to save for P5? SIGH! :-( A question: will you consider a version for the kids (boys and girls)? And what about Michael? Anything that is classical gets first priority in my purchase list! But again... WHY NOW? LOL

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 10:55 AM

You know... you did such an awesome job at the roman outfit, I wonder if you could ever consider a wizard's robe for Michael and Vicki/Steph?

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 12:16 PM

These are beautiful! But I agree, we need matching stuff for Mike. A really good toga would be great!

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 12:40 PM

Love that hair! Beautiful work.

queri ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 12:19 AM

Well, a toga is Roman, a Chiton is Greek. The Olympian costumes take care of the young Michael, more of less. I admit I would like to see a Cretan Vicki-- in fact the whole Knossos set up, headdress and serpents in hands. That's next on my wish list-- Minoan snakey hair for Mike and Vick. It's possible with the volumetrics Anton and Vairesh were showing in the main Poser forum. I'm happy with this for now. Broke, but happy. Emily

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 12:25 AM

Well, yes they are wonderful, but I for one will not be purchasing them. Why? Simple, price and packaging....by the time I buy all three sets it will be over $60 and I'm sorry, they are nice but not $60 worth. Why they are not all together in one package is beyond me, but then I'm not Daz or the product creator. I have to admit I was very excited to see this, but extremely disappointed at the pricing and the packaging. Pendy

judith ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 12:43 PM

It is quite a bit pricier than I thought it would be. :( I may buy the hair though if it has what I'm looking for, would it be possible to see the 12 MAT Poses? I don't see them pictured.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 3:04 PM

Firstly, I would like to express what a pleasure it was working with someone like Michael Lane. He takes such care in his meshes, settling for nothing less than perfection. He's always saying how he likes a clean mesh and he really means it. Nothing is ever just good enough for him. I feel the same about my textures and, even so, ML was a very picky critic until I had them to his idea of perfect, him being a good texture artist himself. I think what is causing shock here is a case of not taking into account what all is really included in these packs. It's A LOT of stuff! :oD Whooowheee!! Find 4 outfits and the accompanying conforming props and hair, including 4 texture sets each and add them up. Just becuase a bunch of things all go together doesn't negate the volume of product that is really there. Altogether, there are 10 very high quality conforming figures, and 78 high quality texture maps. Here are some comparitive examples to look at with approximately the same volume of stuff as would be one of the Grecian Style clothes sets coupled with the Grecian Styles hair: Example#1 at Daz HAIR: HollyWood Hair - 24.95 CLOTHES: DazVickiSuitCoat - 34.95 TEXTURES: SuitablybeautifulTexturePac - 11.95 Total = 71.95 Example#2 at RDNA CLOTHES&HAIR: Brownwyn&Malichi - 30.00 (granted, these are broken into a lot of little outfit pieces which together make a whole, but ya get the idea) TEXTURES: Brownwyn Textures - 14.95 TEXTURES: Malichi Textures - 14.95 Total= 59.90 These are all examples of what has come to be expected as reasonable prices for some very fine products. Now for our Grecian sets: Example#3 at Daz, the Grecian Styles CLOTHES: Grecian-Style Clothing Set I -34.95 (regular not intro) HAIR: Grecian-Style Hair - 24.95 (regular not intro) TEXTURES: (these packs include 4 textures sets for each of the 2 dresses and 8 matching textures for the sash, which can be worn with both dresses. 4 texture sets each for the 2 hair styles and a texture and bump for the ponyband. Mat poses expand the pony band into 3 texture possibilies.) Total: 59.95 I encourage any who are considering buying any clothes, hair, and/or texture packs from any place to do look around for comparitive quality and pricing in order to judge for themselves. I also encourage reading product descriptions carefully to see what all is really included. If the descriptions aren't detailed enough for you to get a full idea of what is included, I encourage you to get in contact with the maker and ask them questions and make suggestions for them to make their descriptions more informative etc, etc. In a nutshell, I encourage all to be informed buyers. Cheers and happy shopping wherever you may venture. Mab, the Fairy Queen.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 4:03 PM

Can we please see some renders of the alternate hair texture maps? I would like to see them before I buy. ;o)

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 4:04 PM

I AM an informed buyer Mab, and that is the informed decision that I made. I buy a LOT and all of the time :)And quite frankly, that product to me was not a good value for my money, at that price. And I did express my opinion to the store that is carrying the product. You as one of the merchants involved, do not have to try and justify what price you put on your products, if you feel comfortable with it and feel it is fair then that is fine, I as the consumer don't think it is, therefore I will not purchase it, I'll look elsewhere or wait until a competitor comes out with a similiar version(which I'm sure will happen), or something that I like even better will come along...it's pretty much a buyers market out there now, with new, good talent coming out more often and at reasonable prices. The products look great,I'm still not sure about the mat files, the promos could have been a bit more informative but all in all, it's just way to pricey for me for what I would get. But I'm sure you will sell lots of them and good for you :) Pendy

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:04 PM

You guys will have to wait for quite some time if you expect to see something of this quality for a cheaper price... The models are fantastic and from what I've seen, the textures too. And now with the introductory sale you'll also get two gorgeous hair styles for a very reasonable price.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:07 PM

Eowyn....would you PLEASE post a render of the other hair textures for me if you have the hair? Pretty please? whine I just wanna see the other hair textures!! end whine

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:16 PM

The price may be reasonable IF the hair has the ability to move with the model, so the sides don't get buried into their shoulders. If they do then great, but you sure can't tell from the promos that were done. So, along with the render of the other hair textures, as Judith has also requested I would LOVE to see the mat poses for the hair to see if it has any versitility to it at all. If it doesn't, then no, it's not a good price. Pendy

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:18 PM

LOL, sorry Em, I don't have it. My opinion is only based on the renders I've seen so far ;)

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:19 PM

DAMN! LOL! Thanks anyway Eowyn! Somewhere....somehow...I shall see these textures!! AHHHHHHHHHH! ;o)

MallenLane ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:22 PM

The hair is poseable. I will try to put up some images that show this. I am far better at making stuff that poses well, than posing human figures well. I will try to post some more images that show what some of it can do.. but as above.. there are too many texture combinations for me to show them all in a thread.. there are 78 maps in all three sets combined.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:25 PM

All I want to see is the hair textures....can't you post some images of those if you are going to post some pictures illustrating the hair's posability?

MallenLane ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:41 PM

Am working on it =)

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:43 PM

file_19936.jpg

Honey Gold.

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:48 PM

file_19937.jpg

Red

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:49 PM

COOLIES!! There is one! Thanks Kiera!! Ahhh...lovely lovely it is!

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:50 PM

I will let Michael Lane do the rest. ;) Just wanted to help out a bit. =) I have only played with the hair for a few minutes, but they are beautifully textured and well constructed. I am quite pleased.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:53 PM

Many many thanks for the renders Kiera! I appreciate it! They are gorgeous textures! You guys owe her one...she just made you another sale. LOL! ;o)

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:57 PM

No problem =) I am in love with the hair part on this style of the hair. Enjoy them. ;) I know I will =p

MallenLane ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 7:16 PM

file_19938.jpg

Image showing another texture, some morphs, and info about the braided hair.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 7:25 PM

Wonderful! I can already tell I am going to love this hair! Thanks MallenLane! I just bought it! ;o)

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 7:35 PM

Auburn red is my favorite. :o)

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 7:36 PM

Kiera, that is a really great looking grecian style face you got going on there. I really like it.

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 7:38 PM

Thank you, Mab =)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.