Sat, Sep 21, 9:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Hi Everybody

dhastings ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:17 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:56 AM

I've been lurking around here for a while, and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a recovering computer geek, and I'm just getting back to photography after about 10 years. I decided to get a digital camera, since I'm not really inclined to set up a dark room, and I wanted to get the pictures on the computer anyway. My Olympus E-10 arrived the day before yesterday, and it sure is a blast. I went off to spend a half an hour shooting, and came back three hours later with 180 shots. I got a number of nearly great shots. I've still got a bit to learn. Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of them with you guys. Comments and criticism welcome. These were all taken on the Snoqualmie Valley Trail, in Carnation. -daveh

dhastings ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:20 PM

file_20391.jpg

Shot from the trestle, f 10, 1/40, 36mm

dhastings ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:23 PM

file_20392.jpg

Grass gone to seed against green grass, f 4, 1/640, 32mm

dhastings ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:25 PM

file_20393.jpg

Shot of the trestle, f4, 1/32, 36mm

dhastings ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:28 PM

make that f4, 1/320, 36mm Oh, and the brightness and contrast on the first were tweaked with Photoshop LE. On the second two brightness, contrast, and saturation were tweaked. -daveh

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 3:40 PM

Welcome to the forum Dave...nice to meet you! Great shots...especially #2...I think thats my fav of the 3...

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

mysnapz ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 3:56 PM

Hi Dave glade you made it to the forum. Some nice shots here I think you should practice a little restrain, if you do 180 frames in 3 hours your hard disk might be filling up mighty quick. LOL I like #1 flowing water is a great subject. :O)

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

dhastings ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 4:07 PM

Thanks all. Yikes! Did I say 180?? Let's try 108. I've got to be more careful with numbers. As for hard disk space, I imagine most of them will wind up on CDRs -daveh

bevchiron ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 4:30 PM

Hi & welcome to the forum, sounds like you're having a great time with that new camara! I really like the grass shot but the last one is my favourite, I like the abstraction & the light.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

firestorm ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 4:38 PM

hi dave, welcome to the forum...some great shots there...hope to see more of the 108 shots soon :P

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

starshuffler ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 12:57 AM

Welcome to the Forum, Dave! Glad you came out of the shadows. Nice pics you have there! :-) Have fun with the new cam. We'll be expecting more shots from ya. ;-) (*

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 3:01 AM

1913 trestle, huh? I'd love to see a wider shot of that one. Welcome and keep on posting!

randyrives ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 9:24 AM

Welcome to the forum. Don't you just love digital!!!! I like all three of your photos. #2 & #3 are my favs.

dhastings ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 11:14 AM

Thanks for your comments everyone. I do indeed love digital. It's nice to eliminate that film processing step before I get to see what I took. It's also nice to be able to review the shot right after I take it, although the LCD is small enough that I'm only catching really gross exposure problems and composition problems at this point. Marshal: As far as the trestle goes, I took a number of shots of it, but I didn't get any I was happy with showing more of it. I'll undoubtedly get back there soon to try again. -daveh

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.