Sat, Sep 21, 5:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Don't Mention This Software!

riversedge ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 11:17 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:45 PM

So, please, what names of software can be mentioned in the Vue forum? What context? Since Vue does some - but not complete - modeling, can I mention the software I used for a model or ask for (or answer questions about) recommendations of software to solve a particular problem - assuming that I want to use Vue to render it? This may sound a bit academic, but I've been busted already for not knowing all the "rules". I am not a 'black/or/white' kind of person, but there seem to be some pretty clearly knowable rules (which don't seem to agree with my own common sense rules) here that I didn't get. Clear guidelines, please? Sincere respectful regards, Rivers

Kurka ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 11:44 AM

I must say that I found it a bit unsettling that the question was moved. Given that Vue is not a modelling application there are bound to be questions regarding this subject. And yes, given the price, TrueSpace is an excellent choice.

bernieloehn ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 11:52 AM

I will not say anything else than that I am getting more and more angry about people who behave towards me as being a little naughty school boy! With all respect, Bernie

Keep cool and fight for the right of others
to have a different opinion than you have!

;- ) Bernie

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 11:54 AM

When a question is not directly in relation with Vue, it is moved to the forum what fits the best the question. This makes it easier to get the best answers. If you like to answer to the question you can do it there:-). If a user askes what modeling software is best for use with Vue, it is another story. But this was not the question! It was just a general question about a software. Please understand that we are a Vue forum and yes, there are rules:-) Thanks for understanding. Guitta

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 2:03 PM

Please remember that we sometimes move threads to help members get a better reply. It was not moved to piss anyone off or as disrespect. We are sorry if you felt that way. We value each one of our members and want to help them find everything they are asking for. In your case, you asked about a special offer from caligari on TrueSpace 5.1 and the mod of this forum felt that you would get a much better reply if asked in the TS forum. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

tesign ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 12:37 AM

"...the mod of this forum felt that you would get a much better reply if asked in the TS forum." IMHO...I can understand that but at least Riversedge could have been given a brief statment of that before the action. I never see such "happening" in here before with past moderators. Mannn!...this place is getting to sound like a "Purist Vue" Forum that has "naughty" teacher. Anyway Riversrdge...I don't visit TrueSpace forum but since you asked, yes, its a good choice like what Kurka said if you wanna get into 3D modelling. May be soon we see your great contribution of your models for import into Vue for a Vue COMMUNITY.

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 1:56 AM

tesign,

Rivers was not the one who asked for a TrueSpace comment. It was Bernie and, of course, I have written an IM to him to inform him that I'm moving his thread. We always behave this way:-). You are not right when you say that this never happend with past moderators and believe me I don't want to be a "naughty teacher" at all:-). I try to do my best.

If you would like to take a look in our Vue Forum Annex, you can also see that we have recently established, with the participation of all Vue users, a list of software what can be used in relation to Vue. Our (and your all's) Vue forum is not sooo purist:-). We want it to be open to help Vue users to find always the best support.

Next time such a problem shows up, I will try to be more diplomatic.

:-)Guitta

tesign ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 2:50 AM

Thank you and I know you do your best. My humble apology thinking that it was Riversedge. ;) Bill

YL ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:37 AM

Concerning riversedge post :=) , I just would like to say that plenty of us are using other modelling programs, then composing and rendering with Vue. And we post our work in Vue Gallery. I think there is no real problem to distinguish modelling and rendering question, and which forum to choose to ask a question : modelling is modelling, rendering is rendering . Problem of the choice appears only for import/export mesh purpose. For example, if we have a problem with the import of a Poser mesh, where to ask a question : in the poser or in the Vue forum? I suppose in both :=) I hope this helps, ;=) Yves

bernieloehn ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 7:33 AM

Sorry it was all my mistake. I thought that at the vue forum I meet friends - even virtually. So my idea was to ask the TS question at the vue forum because - as I wrote - I know the people here and I trust the opinion of my vue friends at this forum. At the TS forum I had never been before so I didn't know there anybody and also I didn't want the opionions of TS using enthusiasts but a more or less objective opinion - this was the reason for posting the question here? BTW, I thought that when I mark the question "OT" ... oh, forget about it ... Let's stopp this now, many thanks to riversedge for the very helpfull instant message. I'll keep on vueing and of course winging3d! CUr pictures Bernie

Keep cool and fight for the right of others
to have a different opinion than you have!

;- ) Bernie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.