Mon, Oct 21, 5:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: does DAZ Michael come with clothes or not ?

unclebob ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 5:24 PM ยท edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 7:32 PM

Does the DAZ peeps come with clothing or just their smile ? I was looking at getting Michael, but figure that the standard clothes prolly won't work on him. If I need clothes .. hum .. then might hafta reconsider. I also just purchased (today) Morphos, and assumed that it would work with standard Poser characters because the site says that for the "see the instant change" morphs requires Pro Pack. After getting the file and reading the readme, I find it only works with DAZ characters, so hence the need for Michael. Or just wait and get Poser 5, course there is a big difference in $60.00 and $250.00 (or what ever the P5 upgrade will be). *** sighs *** bob

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 5:28 PM

Yep, they're bought separately.

whisper ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 6:20 PM

you can purchase the michael 1 cd which includes michaels clothing pak 1 and the wedge hair. You can purchase it at 3d commune for $10 less than at daz. However, if you want michael 2, you'd have to either purchase the upgrade if you bought the cd, or just buy version 2 to begin with.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 6:46 PM

No clothes, no hair, and no skin texture unless you buy the Mike1 CD pack.

unclebob ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 7:03 PM

Damn, $60.00 just for Michael then another $69.00 for the CD (hair, clothes, skin) ?? ... don't get me wrong, they look great and all, but $130.00 for one character. I guess I'll wait and see what Poser 5 brings then decide. thanks for the input.

crisjon1950 ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 7:30 PM

Attached Link: Ron Knights Poser World

file_20597.jpg

I do believe it's cheaper if you buy the Michael 1 CD, then upgrade to Michael 2. The Mike 1 CD includes a clothing pack. You might want to visit my newly-redesigned web site. I have an extensive section about Michael, showing where you can get hair, clothes and characters.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 8:55 PM

On the CD you get Mike 1, the Mike 1 clothing pack, the Mike texture map pack, and the Wedge Cut Hair. That's well over $100 worth if bought separately. Mike 2 update is $40.

unclebob ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 10:00 PM

cool, whats the difference between Mike 1 and 2 ?

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 10:02 PM

Mike 2 is a whole bunch of morphs. It makes it much easier to make different looking characters.

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 12:20 AM

There are many free cloths, textures, and hair for Mike available here and elsewhere on the web. While the best things for Mike cost money, you can make a good start with just the base figure and the freebies available. PoserWorld also has a ton of cloths for everyone (not just Mike), for a VERY reasonable subscription fee, and they add more every couple of weeks. A warning though, once you start buying, its hard to stop. I've gotten to the point where I buy almost every half way decent texture I can find, and any clothing that looks in any way unique. Sometimes the best is free though. Rubio's sarong is incredable.

crisjon1950 ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 5:43 AM

file_20598.jpg

This image shows the full body muscle morphs available to Mike 2. They are not available to Mike 1. There are other differences as well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.