Tue, Oct 22, 7:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: DTE...how to save your own?

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2000 at 10:29 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 12:15 AM

file_123401.jpg

I am wondering How do you create your own presets and save them...is there a good tutorial on this...I have several JPG's that I'd like to add in the user section but I have no idea how I create them or use them or anything. The only thing I have figured out is how to mess with the presets.

bonestructure ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2000 at 11:19 PM

As far as I know, once you create the texture you click on add, name the texture and that whould save it.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2000 at 11:59 PM

Convert the jpeg to .bmp,psd or.tiff and load it from the picture editor.(those formats support transparency,..jpegs don't) You can then save it in the materials library (but you will not be able to access the Deep texture editor with a picture material.that is the DTE library shown in your screen shot, not the materials library)then add it in the materials library like Boney said. Hope this helps Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2000 at 12:22 AM

What I'm asking for is how to create my own dte's ...you have 3 windows that combine to form a material in the dte...I'm assuming there is no way to bring in your own images and create your own dte's You have to just randomize everything until you get what you want is the way I've done it up until now and this seems a little to slow and awkward. Maybe I'm missing something...it's been known to happen..hehe.. Hawkfyr...what you're describing sounds more like the regular materials editor which I use extensively with jpg's...I didn't realize the bmp...transparency issue and I do appreciate that tip. that might help me solve some problems I've had with some textures.

Gecko ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2000 at 5:46 PM

It looks like what you're asking is if you can use jpgs or pictures in the DTE and then save them. As far as I know, the DTE doesn't deal with pictures and only with the procedural textures. As for saving picture textures, you can import a bunch, then same them as a list. You can then open this list from where you saved it. hope this helps! Gecko

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2000 at 7:18 PM

Hi all, As far as I know,pictures can not be imported in the DTE. :(~ Bummer Hawkfyr

anvilhead ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2000 at 11:42 AM

Thanks for the jpeg tip also hawkfyr. This explains some of my failed attempts at hair in Bryce. Deep texture editor is awkward I think.

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2000 at 12:09 PM

Thanks everyone...I have learned a few things here about texturing so this question was worth asking definitely. any other tips are more then welcome...wish there were some better tutorials out there on this subject

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2000 at 5:41 PM

Hi all, what I do when loading a picture in the picture editor to get the alpha channel is the following. 1)in the first box click load and find the picture(not a jpeg) as usual 2)select "copy" from that window an select "paste" into) the second window (this loads the alpha channel) 3)a little dialog will pop up and ask you if you wan't to delete. select "Yes" 4) you will then see the combination of the RGB and alpha channel in the 3rd window. Click the checkmark as usual and then there you go. This is especially good when you want to use the picture for a bump channel. also try loading yet another (seperate) picture for the alpha channel (second window). you can get some really cool textures that way. That it for my mini tutorial :)~ Hope it helps Hawkfyr

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.