Sat, Sep 21, 2:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: poser to bryce i/o bad media error

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 12:39 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:27 AM

I like to render in bryce and usually I don't have a problem. But some models, when I convert them to obj's in poser won't import into bryce. they give the i/o bad media error. So far I've had this problem with sekmet's amaphoras, the greek clothing just released at DAZ and some pitch fork in renderosity. Can anyone help me with this?

Tirjasdyn

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 12:45 PM

Yes. Open the exported OBJ in UVMapper. (www.uvmapper.com) Resave the OBJ. Open in Bryce. The problem is.. you lose all your textue settings and have to redo them. =/ But it's the only way I know that fixes it.

jelisa ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 1:23 PM

If you are using Pro Pack, open the exported obj in WordPad, search for #IND. If found, replace all occurences with 0 (zero). When done, save the obj file (as a new name if you wish), then import into Bryce. -darlisa

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 7:33 PM

I got the same error so I exported the dragon as a 3ds file and applied the textures in bryce, and it worked fine that way :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 11:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try them out. I don't mind losing the texture settings...I usually have to adjust them all anyway.

Tirjasdyn

Bladesmith ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 1:32 AM

And thank you Jelisa....I've had propack only a few weeks and Bryce hates it's exports...thankyouthankyou!

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 4:18 AM

Hope this Propack export bug didn't make it into P5 :(

jelisa ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 2:31 PM

Attached Link: Pro Pack Fixes

You're welcome, Bladesmith. The link above is a page I created of a few Pro Pack fixes. Just in case someone else ever needs to know how to fix this, they can be pointed there if needed. -darlisa

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.