Mon, Sep 23, 5:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Help...Insufficent disk space error

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 12:51 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 3:27 AM

I'm getting an error message in Poser that says insufficent disk space to render at this size - even after I've rendered many images alreay using the same file with the same objects at the same size (rendering rsr images). My specs are as follows: 2.0 GHz HP with Pentium 4 512MB Ram DDR 60 Gig hard drive with an additional 80 gigs on another drive Can anyone help please? Pam

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 1:42 PM

Additional info: c drive free space=36.4 GB external drive free space= 44.2 GB (this is the one Poser is on) running on a PC with XP

CyberStretch ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 11:20 AM

Just a hunch: I would imagine that Poser is trying to use some temp space or a .tmp file somewhere for the render that is space restricted by the Operating System. (In XP I think its something like: c:documents and settings{username}temp or c:documents and settings{username}Application Datatemp. I do not have my dual-boot up in XP to verify the correct path. I know I used to get these types of errors when trying to install some software with these temp directories "filled". Perhaps this may be the cause?

canary3d ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 5:11 PM

This comes up when you're using too much space for virtual memory. If you close poser and then reopen it you'll have better results. I've had this happen when I rendered the same file several times in a row at the same resolution...eventually it'll get upset and tell me it can't render. Closing and reopening fixes it. This can also happen when you run another hoggy app like photoshop at the same time as poser.

bjhaber ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 12:55 PM

The fix for me was to perform a disk clean up (windows utility) and delete all those temp files and such. All is fine now.

ged ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 3:49 AM

I had the same problem and it was fixed by deleting all the rsr files from the geometries folder, poser rebuilds them automatically. make sure you only delete .rsr files form the geometrie folder and nowhere else . Apparently some folks do this on a regualr basisi just to keep their software tip-top.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.