Sun, Oct 6, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 3:07 pm)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Silence

Knot4u ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2002 at 4:28 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:33 PM

The quiets cold and biting deep unspoken words to make me weep I sit here silent and wonder why the lack of words should make me cry outstretched arm I try to reach my aching soul hopes to beseech Yearning so to draw you near soft spoken words I long to hear A thousand deaths a day I die the answers simply no reply nightmare life, a broken dream the silence louder than any scream heart leaving me with little choice within these words to place my voice crying out in a silent plea that soon, again you will speak to me

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 11:13 PM

Sounds like you upset your mate. Or, are preparing for it if it should occur...grin. But, the way you have expressed yourself, it seems you have "been there." I think the work is damn good. AND, it contains my necessary rhyming...grin. If I were to DARE to suggest improvements, hundreds would swoop down on me and nail me to an oversize Royal 440. Knowing that, I offer this: --------------------------------- The quiet's cold and biting deep, Unspoken words that make me weep. I sit here silent and wonder why the lack of words should make me cry. Outstretched arms I try to reach, My aching soul hopes to beseech. (not sure here) Yearning so to draw you near, Soft-spoken words I long to hear. A thousand deaths a day I die. The answers? Simply no reply. Nightmare life, a broken dream, The silence louder than any scream. My heart leaves me with little choice within these words to place my voice. I cry in pain and silent plea That soon, again, you will speak to me. ------------------------------------ Hope I didn't "torture" your DAMNED fine verse with what I would call a very slight improvement. I also placed what I thought was proper punctuation. This poem "screams" for a Poser render worthy of it! Thanks for sharing, Knot! I really enjoyed it! NOW, go rent a copy of "Spitfire Grill" as soon as possible!

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 12:29 PM

I admit, I ache to put in punctuation, but poets are allowed to be unconventional. ee cummings springs to mind. outstretched arm I try to reach my aching soul hopes to beseech is a bit awkward to me, but I can't think of a way to smooth it out. (If I could, I'd be writing poetry, too.) A thousand deaths a day I die the answers simply no reply I interpretted that as: "A thousand deaths a day I die. The answer is simply no reply." If that is what you mean, please put in the apostrophe. It's literally a different word without it. Then again, maybe Chuck is right on his interpretation. Great job, again! I'm glad I don't want to become a poet, otherwise you'd be intimidating me. ;-)

Knot4u ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 4:54 PM

Thanks you have made me feel far better about this piece than is likely worthy. Ah.. punctuation... the thing I lack the most of. Seems I should have either paid closer attention in those classes or just claim the eminent domain of a poet. Again I do so greatly appreciate the comments.

Knot4u ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 5:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/jr_neophyte/flash/Silent.html

Chuck.. I am not a poser user..but I did make some art to go along with the poem if you would like to see it follow the link.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 5:23 PM

Yes, I WOULD like to see. And I already did. Besides looking to see how the author decided to add some ilustration to it, I saw the word "flash" in the URL. And as an burgeoning Flash "schemer" myself, I had to go, doubly! And, if I have the honor of offering a suggestion for your Flash, it all looks good...but I think I would darken it a bit...not sure why...hehe. Just seems too bright. And I'd find a, hmmmm, "fuzzier" foreground. Otherwise, the shining sun is ALWAYS a good symbol for such. I also think it's time for a confession. Either you are a guy who is really in touch with his emotions or else you are just a female...who are mostly in touch with themselves to begin with. SO, which is it? 'Fess up and I'll give you the URL to Flash-Platypus....hehe. Though that might be a punishment...LOL.

Knot4u ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 10:11 PM

Hmm .. well I am a guy..and not so sure how intouch I am...but I must say ... hope none of the female members here took the .. Just a female comment the wrong way. He he he... as there are no such things in my opinion...as Just a Female... Would like to see what you had done with your flash work though. I have made a few things..and wish that they had some forum if not a gallery to post flash to here. I am none to spectacular in poser or terragen or any of the other mediums they use here ...but give me my macromedia fireworks and flash5 and I can animate just about anything.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 10:43 PM

Attached Link: http://geocities.com/flash_platypus/

Perhaps the comment came out wrong. My intention was to indicate some amount of wonder that a guy could both have emotions and be capable of displaying them. I wanted to, hmmm, downplay (?) any incredulty that a woman might posses the same qualites as it's much more common. I'm none too good with much of anything graphic. I just tinker and dream, it seems. I tinker with Terragen (won a beginner's contest once, though), Poser, Photoshop, Cook 3D, Powerpoint, and Flash (the office just bought Flash MX for me, so I'm learning about it...meanwhile, I use Swish). So, I posted my first 2 pieces of work on a makeshift website I through together (itself a bit of Flash) one day called: http://geocities.com/flash_platypus/ (of all names!) The first one is nearly a MB and was done to anounce the new webdesign @ my government job. About 10 playes of it and the site shuts down...grin. The second was a small commission job someone wanted for a small business he is starting. The third, not shown, turned into a 335MB (!) AVI file to be used in a presentation to the Undersecretary of our gov. agency...a 3D spinning compass morphing thingy. PS: Please forgive the menu. I need to learn how to do a preloader, I think.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 10:45 PM

threw plays (Sheesh!)

Knot4u ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 9:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/jr_neophyte/flash/memory.html

Wow.. nice work. I have only done a few myself some tinkering here and there.Dont have a menu with all the flash works linked to it. Seems I am to easily distracted. This is all just hobby stuff for me so must say my software is slight behind times as it is hard to justify 500.00 just so I can make a an animation. Your looks very nice.. I am not so sure my stuff is as polished. Interesting use of swish and masks on the sore animation. I have one more that I am really proud of. It is a small memorial I put together for the events of 9/11(it is kind of large as well and tends to eat up all my bandwidth on geocities) see the following link http://www.geocities.com/jr_neophyte/flash/memory.html I also submitted an ocean scene to the renderosity dragon con convention animation for them to use. http://www.geocities.com/jr_neophyte/flash/fishtank.html If you get anymore posted let me know. I always enjoy seeing what others have accomplished

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 9:57 AM

Thanks for sharing. And thanks for the compliment. I guess we are both just learning...hehe. You did well on the fishtank thingy! Must have taken a while to make all those fish motions! Swish comes with a lot (!) of effects and people are adding to it all the time. IT only costs $49, I think. Although it doesn't do tweening like Flash does, it does a darn good job of "flashing"...hehe. Take a look...they have a 30-day free trial. Tks, also, for the memorial. It's getting close now and since I am a federal employee, AND a retired soldier, it weighs heavily on me. Just wish I had your penchant (sp?) for poetry! Speaking of which, I've been thinking how to do justice to your "Silence" work in Poser. I'm afraid I would fail, but I can "see" it in my mind...hehe.

Knot4u ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 11:02 AM

Hey that would be cool. If you get the art work done feel free to use the poem. Just be sure to let me see what you have done. I am always interested to see what others are getting out of my poems. It surprises me what others interpret.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 5:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=240905&Start=1&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes

Well, Knot, I have now embarrassed your poem. Or helped you to being published...if listing in the Poser forum is considered publishing...hehe. I'm sure my attempt fails to capture the poem, but the overwhelming theme to me was hands reaching and dying otherwise. So, figuring I have to explain, I made nude figures to reperesent vulnerability. Shaded the female to represent the secondary figure in the art. Hands...reaching and "pushing away" at the same time. Representing the "desperation" in the poem. As a central them I focused on, death, so I added some tombstones here and there and tried to fade them into the background. I felt they should not be so apparent...giving more "hope" to the render instead of, well, an impossibility. Note the hands that seem to be searching at the same time as "saying no". Sorry if it sucks. I never have claimed to be an artist. Take comfort in knowing I spent more than 6 hours working on it. All because of the inspiration you created. Hope you are not upset.

Knot4u ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 6:42 PM

Upset? Not at all.. I think you did a hell of a job. Thanks for the art I think it fits well.. and possibly will stir more interest in the forum. Thanks again for the work maybe it will convince me to get off my duff and write some more.

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 4:10 PM

Hmm, yes, punctuation, lol. Still, most of the poem is very lucid as it is, and so sad and heart rending. I think the silent treatment is so very cruel. Sharing one's thoughts and one's heart is very necessary to keeping a loving relationship going. I enjoyed the poser work Chuck did for the poem as well. The symbolisms he chose to illustrate it were very apt.

Fractals will always amaze me!

Caledonia ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 8:02 AM

Beautiful poem and I like the changes Chuck made.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.