Wed, Oct 9, 12:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: In Praise of Real Women

MisterDog ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 2:08 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 10:26 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_22741.jpg

Once again, I've delved into the Mrs.'s Poser. Not being an artist, myself, I just wanted to use it to make diagrams of "typical" height and weight for a game. So I fired it up, took one look at the models, and realized that there needed to be some adjustments made. So, I went through my collection of vintage photographs (it's purely for artistic reasons, I assure you), hunting for women in appropriate dress (so to speak) in sufficiently neutral poses. I restricted my search to non-glamor shots taken before 1970. I was able to come across a small handful of figures that had poses from which I could derive enough information. A bit of tedious measurement, guesswork, and adjustment later, and I've come up with the first iteration on two of what I hope to be five characters.

They are based on Vicky2, since P5 isn't in hand, and for a while more people will have V2, anyway.

Above is a front-on picture comparing the two with a zeroed-out V2. On the left is Vicky, in all "her" anorexic, silicon-implanted, post-operative transsexual glory.

In the middle is a figure based on a 1950s-era German naturist. As you can see, she was a bit of a burly young lady, which makes sense given the traditional association betwen naturism and "physical culture" in Germany.

On the right is a figure that came from a photograph of three women (probably once titled "The Muses" but more likely known as "an excuse to get three women naked"). As far as I can tell, it's 1890s French.

I have already recognized some technical problems, like that damnable shoulder crease, the fact that Vicky's middle makes it very difficult to make a woman with a thicker waist who isn't obese, and others. If you spot a technical problem, please let me know--and let me know how to fix it.

Likewise, I've no idea how to turn this into a transportable form. Most of my alterations have been direct x/y/z size modifications of individual body parts, since the "morphs" didn't make changes in a way I wanted, for the most part.

MisterDog ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 2:09 PM

file_22742.jpg

This is a sideways comparison of the three figures.

MisterDog ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 2:10 PM

Oh, and in case you ask, yes, that German girl had ENORMOUS feet.

MisterDog ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 2:11 PM

One last thing--I intend to give these away free for nothing.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 5:11 PM

This is interesting. They certainly look more like real people. But then the problem is, how do you dress them? I wonder if it would be possible to use the Tailor on Vicky's clothes.

MisterDog ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 6:27 PM

There are reasons I'm going to just give these away. There would be some work involved in transferring the alteration to clothes. Theoretically, analogous morphs could be applied to clothes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.