Fri, Sep 20, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Everyone who got their poser 5 today read this :)

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 1:43 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:33 AM

Mine should get here today, but while I am waiting, I would like to ask all of those who have theirs and got it installed, to take a whack at the hair creation, make a do, and post it so we can see :) Good or bad, so we can have some fun! I figure my first attempt will look like Don Kings hair! So render away and show us some hair ;)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 1:48 PM

file_23042.JPG

This took less than 5 minutes. Just a little punk thing for the P4 female. Very easy to use. If you have ever used the grouping toll than hair will be easy for you. Ron

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 1:49 PM

toll should be tool. Ron

ziggie ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 1:51 PM

:(

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 1:51 PM

ron it looks good! Show us more :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 1:54 PM

oooh look posette with no jagged edges :) & a round head instead of bumpy :)

jchimim ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 1:54 PM

Let's see nose and ear hair next!

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 1:55 PM

Folks you will love this. Working through the dynamic clothing now. I will do another hair do in a minute with one of the P5 figures. Ron

Cromwell1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:00 PM

ARGH! I want my P5! =(

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:04 PM

WOW, pretty in Pink....Sharen

Barbarellany ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:22 PM

Does the hair thing work with the animals too?

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:33 PM

Ron...simple but simply awesome...there are many instances of needing hair different than what is commercially or freely available....I think we have it now...and on even the P4 model---outstanding

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:34 PM

The hair strands are thin and separate, so you'd expect a diffuse, weak shadow. But it looks like the hair is casting a strong shadow as if the lights are seeing it as a solid block, not thin strands.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:38 PM

speaking of hair, can you export it out on the model? Sharen

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:47 PM

Sharen you cant export it but you can save it to the hair library to use again. Ron

Hiram ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:49 PM

Holy Crap! That rocks! I WANT THE MAC VERSION NOW!

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 2:57 PM

yeah Ron but once you've saved it to the library you can distribute that file, unless kupa was fibbing the other week when I asked him.

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:00 PM

Hey Ron...but how did Neftis develop the P5 hair that is now on sale in the marketplace? It says it was developed within the hair room in P5...that must have been exported somehow

notefinger ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:09 PM

Can you write your name in hair? Can you make hairy palms?

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:10 PM

That picture looks like P4 lighting. Is that raytraced? Is the raytracing optional?

Kendra ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:11 PM

I'm sure you can use existing hair props and apply the dynamic hair to them. At least it sounds like you should be able to.
Ron, thanks for posting that. What a great job. I can't wait to play with these new features.

I need to get my copy soon. I'm having dreams you wouldn't believe. :)

...... Kendra

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:13 PM

mab when kupa last posted some pics, he showed the render options, everything was optional :) oh please gimme my copy soon :)

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:13 PM

hairy palms? I'm not even going to ask :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:15 PM

he's using the DAZ Gorilla....yeah right :)

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:18 PM

You save the prop that the hair develops from and the code to define the hair is a part of the library file. Poser 5 then redoes the hair from that code. The hair is not mesh saved as OBJ, it is code. There are scalp props that come with Poser 5 and since the hair can only be grown in Poser 5, there should be no objection to having the prop as part of a product. But doing your own scalp prop is not difficult either.

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:19 PM

There are some already made hair files in P5. Neftis and HMann created them. (They're listed by name, so I'm sure of my info.) I haven't touched the content CD yet to see what else is available.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:19 PM

okay then, if you take existing hair and add more to it in the hair room, then can you export it? Sharen

Staby ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 3:23 PM

Poser 5 makes the old figures look better... :) Please post more pictures!

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 4:14 PM

^_^

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 4:31 PM

file_23043.JPG

Here is the P5 guy. I am not using all of the rendering capabilities. I wanted to see what would happen defining different groups for hair. Made 3 groups in this one. Not using all of the hair stuff either just palying for now. Ron

Cromwell1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 4:58 PM

So with this we could make some decent body/armpit/pubic hair? I would imagine that the system would be hard taxed with a character like that.

tuttle ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 5:52 PM

Ah... As someone who only uses Poser for exporting to other apps, could someone confirm 100% (or post a link?) that hair can't (or can) be exported? Us UK guys don't have Poser5 yet, but when it does come out, this will be the difference between me buying it and not buying it. No hair export = no buy, no way! - thanks

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 6:09 PM

You can save your hair that is setup and others can use it. You cannot export it as a mesh. You only get the guides. Ron

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:05 PM

The whole Easter egg thing. You could grow hair - but it would not render. You could export as - what? 3ds or something? Import back and it would render? There may BE a way to get Poser 5 Hair Room hair as an OBJ file. What you get in the prop library is the prop used, saved as however many pieces you grouped it into, and code for Poser 5 to regrow the hair. OK - test OBJ export = just the prop - no hair - huge file though 3DS export = hair or at least the polys that define the hair in Poser. I converted the 3ds to obj in RDS MFM so the hair strands look like rhomboid crystals or something, but there are a lot of them.

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:23 PM

Arg! The hair looks great, but my poser won't be here till tomorrow! I thought for sure I would get it today :(

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:55 PM

Masasi has a little utility called FurFur that takes the P4 hair easter eggs, and converts them to usable objects. One of the first things I'm going to do is experiment with this to see if I can get it to export properly so I can use it in Vue. He's also got a fun little utility called Dropmaker to create little balls using the same method. As sure as the world, someone will write a utility to convert these files to regular objects. I'm just hoping Vue comes out with a P5 reading update.

jelisa ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 8:11 PM

The hair can be exported but don't expect pretty hair. Export the hair as obj. Open the obj file in a text editor. Replace 'l ' (small L+space) with 'f' Replace 'mtf' with 'mtl' Save (you did make a backup, right?) Import into Bryce, whatever. This is the same technique that can be used with the Treemaker Easter Egg hair, and no, using FurFur doesn't seem to work. After a bit of a nudge, I found a post from August 2000 on this at another forum. Or do what Jaager is doing, by exporting as 3ds, you'll get about the same results, although I couldn't get the 3ds export to work all the time.

jelisa ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 8:13 PM

oops, Replace 'l ' (small L+space) with 'f ' (small F+space) Replace 'mtf ' with 'mtl '

tuttle ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:26 AM

Thanks for the responses!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 5:26 AM

file_23044.JPG

oh my......this is going to take a lot of reading....

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 10:20 AM

Sharen, wheres the hair? :) Is there a new baby too? What does it look like?

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.