Tue, Oct 22, 9:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I'm Frustrated (OT)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2000 at 8:55 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:24 AM

Here I was all excited about installing my new motherboard, upgraded my memory and upgraded my processeor, today. But I cant get my display to see more than 16 lousey colors. Windblows want's to keep on installing the same (wrong) drivers, I've been trying for 4 hours to get it right but no luck , Could it be a CMOS or system bios(not my strong sbject). I know I'll get it right but it's frustrating going from millions of colors to 16 :(~ on a 19 inch monitor. lol hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Quikp51 ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2000 at 9:14 PM

Doubt it's your board or cmos , only thing it will do is select your pci or agp slot as primary. What card are you using and are they the newest drivers? Also is there onboard video that needs disabling? (that would only be used on atx boards with onboard video). Any conflicts as far as resources go?

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2000 at 9:40 PM

thanks Quikp51 Video card is STD3d nitro (but I'm getting a new one next week any suggestions?)My old board didnt have agp so this card is pci. I really dont know much about boards but this one is an ACORP international ACORP-5ALI61,and I don't think it's has onboard video. Not sure about drivers all I know is that all I did was change the motherboard,upgraded memory from 64 to 128 dimms and a new AMD 450 MZ processer from a pentium 200. would I need new drivers for that? I was using a windblows 98 supplied driver. Thanks for reply Hawkfyr

Serpent ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2000 at 10:51 PM

Hello, Look in your Device Manager and see if the video board is listed as a device in your system. It's under the system icon in your control panel. It should be listed under display adapters and this will show irq conflicts. Here is a link to some drivers. Good Luck. Nitro Serpent

bonestructure ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2000 at 5:17 AM

Okay, some suggestions. Go into system manager and see what's what. Your motherboard may have an onboard display that's interfering. If it does, disable in the hardware profile. Don't delete it or wondows will reinstall it. Secondly, delete whatever your board is from the hardware profile, then reboot and let windows reinstall it. I've had the same problem before, though it hung at 256 colors, and the hang up for me was that I had slightly wrong drivers by one model number. Say, if you're getting a new video driver and ya don't want the STD anymore, can we make a trade of some kind? I'm stuck with the on the motherboard AGO video, and I'd rather have a seperate card and so free up the 8 megs of system memory that the on board card uses.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2000 at 2:14 AM

I have an AMD 500mhz system...check the boards manual and see if you don't have to disable or reset a set of jumpers on the motherboard itself. I had that problem when I installed my Vodoo 3...You may be defaulting to the onboard graphics set-up and I don't care what anyone says 3Dnow stinks big time. Hope you figure it out

bonestructure ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2000 at 4:33 AM

gotta agree with nic, I have an AMD 500 too. and while the video is passable, and I'm not really a gamne player, I'd do just about anything to get a good video card with decent memory, and free up the 8 megs of memory the motherboard video uses

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2000 at 3:15 PM

Well, Im back You don't want to know what i went through to get this right 1) took the motherboard back to computech(A place here in the Washington DC area) and tried to get it right with the tech(s) there. they declared it was back technology and so I bought a agp video card....still no luck then they said it was an operating system misconfiguration. So I reformatted and started from scratch still no luck . out of frustration I yanked the agp card and put the nitro back in . windows found it non-problematic and I got my millions of colors back ( go figure) I have heard that AMD has problems with older adapters and stuff. anyway I'm back up and running but have to load all software again (Bryce first of corse) Thank the Gods that I have an 8.4 gig slave that I backed up all my models and textures -n-stuff Thanks for all the suggestions Hawkfyr

bonestructure ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2000 at 7:26 PM

yup, wish I had a bigger back up hard drive. I only have 850 megs for back up. Barely enough to hold zipfiles of my apps and models and stuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.