Sun, Oct 6, 2:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 3:07 pm)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Tiny Challenge (just for fun)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 5:30 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:17 PM

Use the word "that" in a sentence so that that ( <---tiny clue) word appears five times consecutively. Or give me the best you can do. After all, I said that "that" was the most overused word in the English language. Time to show it! PS: And if that's too hard, show me a word that contains 3 double-letters consecutively. For example, "seedding" (which is not a real word, and only contains 2 double-letters but provides the example).

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 8:49 PM

Chuck, I know that that 'that that' that you wrote was just a tease.

Fractals will always amaze me!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 8:56 PM

Holy S--t ! You made it so simple! It seems. Although, to add some inflection to the sentence... "I know that that that 'that' that you wrote was just a tease." It's a good example of overuse of the word. (hats off to ya!)

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 9:36 PM

Small curtsey Any bookeeper could tell you the other challenge. grin

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 9:37 PM

oops...bookkeeper

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 10:02 AM

Well, darn! You just hogged the whole show! Message671414.jpg

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 4:21 PM

Hangs her head Guilty as charged :(. But, you asked... Oh, and do you know a similar word with 4 doubled letters in a row?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 5:37 PM

nu-be...3 consecutive doubles...methinks you scanned my original too fast. HOWEVER, you get bonus points for that "Thayut" story. (grin) tres: There is a real word with 4 in a row?! Is this some kind of trick?

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 8:05 PM

Yup, it's real, tho seldom used anymore. Looks up her sleeve...no tricks, honest. :)

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 8:32 PM

LOL I believe it. Nu-be, I loved your that-that story!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 9:31 AM

Well, tres, thanks to your challenge for keeping me awake in bed last night. Sorry to report no answer appeared. Heck, I could hardly think of words with two consecutives in them!

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:45 PM

blushes ummmm...actually, only the subbookkeeper knows the answer.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:07 PM

Hey, you sayin' I can find that in a dictionary? You better blush! If we were playing Scrabble, I'd have to challenge. Message671414.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.