Tue, Oct 8, 6:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 4:32 pm)

Subject: What I wanted Poser 5 for! and it's not giving it easly.

Turtle ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 10:45 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 6:19 PM

You know there a lot of people like me. That just wanted Poser 5 for the better rendering of the products we have bought at Daz. The little Faes I've made etc. My friend and business partner sells my renders as web pages. I do not sell or make Poser products. I'm just very disappointed that Poser 5 seems to make it so much work to render the Mil Vicky,Mike and Girls. I find Poser 5 very hard with all the math etc, and can't just easly get a nice render done. The cloth room is disappointing because I thought I would be able to use the Mil- Vicky's girls. I think the new Poser 5 family is ugly and the morphs are crap. I can't even make a decent Fae. Thats it folks, This is my last public bitch. Yesterday I programed back in Bryce for rending. (new computer) Anyone one eles fell like this???? Have a good day. :O)

Love is Grandchildren.

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:51 AM

Turtle, for those of us unlightened, what are you trying to do in the cloth room that you are having problems with? Which morphs do you feel are crap? Deb

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:52 AM

That should be unenlightened :) Sorry

phoenixamon ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:53 AM

Turtle, I posted about this the before. Vicky can wear Judy's dynamic cloth items. I have not tried it yet, but the Mil Girls can probably wear Penny's. The thing is the clothes will stretch and shrink to fit the character you put them on. I accidentally had one dress stretch to fit a chair before I learned how to avoid that blunder. ;) Give it a shot. It may solve some of your problems. If you're having trouble setting up Vicky and the Mil Girls in P5, post questions, cause the answers that come in may help others as well. Phoenix

Turtle ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 12:22 PM

A-What I was trying to do is get some Fairy looking stuff for the Mil girls. B- When I go to do a big render size, to a new window, with camera focas at 100 and all set up like I do with 4. I get about 4 people (trying to render just one) all cut off at about the waist. I unchecked the remove back facing Poygrams. ???? This is more of the problem than trying to use cloth room. I would just like to use the very good rendering on my Daz people. I'm know I'm leaving some thing out??? Thank you for your respones.

Love is Grandchildren.

sparkel ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 12:32 PM

I have sat back and watched all the reactions to P5, and am very glad that I did not order it... with the THOUSANDS of dollars and time I have spent building up my P4 library of wonderful clothing, animals, props, etc.. and the fact that P4 renders fine, that it's figures go easily into other programs, especially Vue 4, why would I want to upgrade to a product that is buggy and may never perform right, that has no export of the figures into Vue till (if and when) a patch is put out by CL or e-on???? Why on earth was P5 put out with it's figures locked inside it?? Plus the figures do NOT look any better.. they look odd..no eyelashes and that elbow thing I have seen here and who knows what else... ugh! I really appreciate this forum of honest people who are giving the reports needed for my final decision to stick to my trusty P4! Sara

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 12:47 PM

When I finally get my copy, I plan on taking plenty of time to learn the software..and it will be like learning a whole new program, because that is what it is. I don't expect to be able to just import all of my old pz3's in there and just hit the render button. From what I understand, especially with trans and bump maps they are totally different and there are things you have to do to them to make them work. I plan on having that manual on my lap while I go through each room before I even attempt to do a render that will look like anything...just like it was with Poser 4. I am reserving my judgement about the program and the way the new figures work and look until I can see it for myself. There were a lot of talented people that worked on the content and the morphs, so I have to take a statement like "the morphs are crap" with a grain of salt and maybe put it down to user frustration or bugs in the software. Turtle, I'm not really aiming at you, it's just that sweeping statement that you made and I'm seeing some from others too that may just be frustrated. I'm sure I'll get there too LOL!! Sara, I'm not too sure about your statment about the p5 figures being locked inside of it?? P4 was the same way..Vicki and Mike were sold separately and made by Daz, not CL or it's affiliates. All in all...I'm thinking a ton of patience and practice is what it is going to take to tame this beast. I'm still excited about it..anytime I get to learn new software, I always get excited :) Turtle, I wish I had P5 to help you sweetie, but I don't have it yet..I hope you get some answers to your questions...is the manual any better at explaining things then the P4 one was?? Pendy

goddesspanda ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 2:07 PM

Turtle, I do the same types of renders that you do. I make my pretty little fae's, add some postwork from PSP and Jungle (thanks for that tip by the way)...etc. I got P5 so that I would be able to use my existing library (spent LOTS of $$ there) and tweak some things here and there and just have a better version of what I had before. I have found that in P5 everything is a pain in the ass. Its slow, locks up and it takes me 3 times longer to do one simple thing in there than it does in P4. I think that because we do things so similar I am feeling exactly the way you are. =(

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 2:42 PM

What's wrong with the P5 people? I think they look better than the P4 ones. I'm still learning it since I just got it yesterday so I can't pass judgement. The only thing I can say is that my slow 800 Mhz, 256 RAM P3 computer isn't handling it well and its time to upgrade. I didn't know the Extras CD had problems. I haven't even checked it out yet. Installation and registration was a breeze and I don't care about the protection scheme as long as I don't have to do a reformat anytime soon.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

Disciple3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 3:29 PM

My copy hasn't arrive yet, but at this point I'm almost dreading it due to all these bug reports.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 4:39 PM

Well has anyone? I've heard alot of help me's that look like they would be solved in the manuel? Has anyone read it yet(besides the EULA) I've seen very few errors that repeat from user to user. Mostly everyone that has a problem has a different one...which sounds less like bugs and more like end user problems. Not to mention there seem to be just as many people that don't have any problem... My copy just came, I'll start playing as soon as i get home in about 3 hours.

Tirjasdyn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.