Fri, Sep 20, 1:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How BIG is it? ... Using Poser props to make measurements! .......

geep ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 12:04 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:42 AM

file_23829.jpg

Ok, ok, so ya don't want my FREE "Scale" prop. I don't care. *sniff* I'll cry for a few days, but I'll get over it... Anyway, you can use what you already have to make sure that your props and figures are the correct size. *************** Using The "GROUND" Prop ************** If you change the "Scale" of the "GROUND" prop to 157.900%, the distance between lines (in wireframe mode) will be exactly 1 foot. The overall size of the "GROUND" will now be 20' x 20'. (or 400 square feet) For example, you could use this to measure the floor size of rooms in a house. *************** Using The "Box" Prop ************** You can also use Poser's "Box" prop to measure in all 3 dimensions. Load the "Box" prop from your BASIC SHAPES (Props library) and change it's "Scale" to 126.000% and it will be exactly 1 cubic foot. (1' x 1' x 1') Change the "Scale" of the "Box" prop to 1008.000% and the distance between lines (in wireframe mode) will be exactly 1 foot. Overall size will be 8' x 8' x 8'. These are just a couple of examples. There are many others. BTW - My 12 foot "Scales" prop is still FREE and is only 95K (zipped). Also included are 1 Meter and 10 Meter Scale props. (so I don't get anyone mad.) ;=] cheers, (and happy measuring) dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

JeffH ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 12:42 AM

Heya,

While we're on the subject of scale...

Poser5 allows you to set the display units in "Poser native", Inches, Feet, Millimeters, Centimeters, and Meters.

Where the heck can these display units be seen?

-Jeff

lalverson ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 12:58 AM

I think they are seen in the XYZ translations, at least that what it looks like to me

kupa ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 1:08 AM

Jeff, They only show up in the various dialogs where units are entered or controlled. translation channels are an example. Geep's idea is pretty clever for a reference system.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:12 AM

;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:26 AM

file_23830.jpg

;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 3:21 AM

Well I don't know about that, Steve - it may be real clever but it ain't so terribly pretty! heehee :] Fish (Ducks) Huh? DuckFish?

geep ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 4:26 AM

file_23831.jpg

Measure anything. Even Poserman's shoe length. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

rwilliams ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 6:21 AM

So, where would I find this Free scale prop?

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 10:23 AM

Geep, I was hoping someone would create a new scale prop. Would it be possible to create a 8 foot prop? And I echo rwilliams question: where can I download it?

geep ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 10:44 AM

You can't d/l it anywhere because I don't have a website. - but - I'd be glad to send you a copy of the zipfile (only 95K) if you send an email to: geep@cybertrails.com reply to mil: You already have an 8 foot prop. ;=] Load the "Box" prop from your BASIC SHAPES (Props library) and change it's "Scale" to 126.000% and it will be exactly 1 cubic foot. (1' x 1' x 1') Change the "Scale" of the "Box" prop to 1008.000% and the distance between lines (in wireframe mode) will be exactly 1 foot. Overall size will be 8' x 8' x 8'. (see pic above) The current zip has: 12 foot prop 1 meter prop 10 meter prop It does NOT have the: 12 inch prop (shown in pic above with Poserman's shoe) 36 inch (yardstick) prop (not yet, but it will soon) cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 12:14 PM

geep,

What I have in mind is a 96 inch (8 foot) / 245 cm prop that can be used to easily measure the height of a character, but the 36 in yardstick can be used for that.

Email is on the way. :)

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 1:05 PM

Dr geepo - if you want me to host it for you, I'd be happy to - you can put it in freestuff if you like. :] GooseFish

geep ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 1:38 AM

... P5 uses a different real world scale than the one I have been using with Poser for the past 2 years. ;=[ I'll re-calculate the above data if anyone is interested. If not, then I won't ................

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.