Tue, Oct 22, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:34 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Problem with Product

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 9:57 AM

Oh geesh! Ron if someone wants to hard code a path they have to start it from the runtime folder not a drive - period! "The reason I say it is not a path problem is because, when it comes to a texture Poser does not care about the path because it searches for the texture as long as it is under the Runtime folder. " Thay is only true if a full path has not been referenced as is the case with this file. Leading me to wonder if youare even looking at the correct product. Although "For me I have the ProPack setup on my e drive and Poser4 on my f drive" May be exactly why it works for you because you are using the same drive as the creator, not everyone does. "If testers were to start looking at paths, or require merchants to so that they are the same as testers setup most if not all products would fail for this reason." Then fail the product! not because it is the same reference as your set-up but beause it won't work for everyone that way. Tester's should be looking at the MAT pose files in a text editor to be sure it will work properly forf the cistomer - it is becoming very obvious that you haven't done that. And as Mehndi said - it can't be changed by the merchant after you approved it. Unless you barely looked at it in the first place, and since your path and the product path may very well be close enough for it to search for you it won't for anyone else. Clint: aren't testers supposed to know this stuff before they begin testing for the store?

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

etienneargent ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 9:58 AM

"For me I have the ProPack setup on my e drive and Poser4 on my f drive." Neat trick. Wanna share the hack to get that to happen?

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 10:15 AM

Ron, we fail products that have hard coded paths, even if they are hard coded to runtime.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 10:44 AM

Ron has sent an IM to the Hisminky stating that he was sorry for the way his comments came across. The merchant is uploading a replacement file for the MarketPlace. FYI, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 10:45 AM

"unreal copy of Poser..." Sorry, I tried the easter eggs, and all I got was the Unreal Tournament copy of Poser. You should see vicky in her temple now, toting that Redeemer with a come-hither look on her face... mmm, tasty. ;) 'course, she lasted only five seconds 'fore her head came apart... seems Posette got a sniper rifle and disposed of Vicky in short order. Seems Vicky forgot that you just don't stop moving in midfield. Steph's still next to the flag, clutching a rocket launcher, and is scared stiff to come out of the fort. I for one don't blame her - Posette's camping the opposite tower, and boy is she pissed! And don't get me started on the Milgirls' cheezy habit of riding the $#@! tele-train across midfield... /P

JHoagland ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 10:54 AM

I have a hard drive (Drive C) and a CD-ROM (Drive D). When I resampled 2 textures to 48,000,000 dpi, I got a DVD-ROM on Drive E! With Lightwave! Cool! Seriously, though, isn't it past time that we (as merchants and testers) started imposing standards on things like MAT poses? A MAT Pose should NEVER, ever contain references to the exact drive. It should ALWAYS start at the Runtime folder and work down. Bad: c:Program FilesMeta CreationsPoser4RuntimeTexturesP4 Malejohn.jpg Good: :Runtime:Textures:P4 Male:john.jpg It doesn't matter if Poser "looks for the texture" or not, using "e:Lightwave" as part of the path is just sloppy (and unprofessional). At the very least, the MAT pose should point to the artist's "recommended folder" beneath the RuntimeTextures folder (you know, the folder that's specified in the original zip file). --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 11:48 AM

John, Good: :Runtime:Textures:P4 Male:john.jpg Even Better: "john.jpg" "Good" will be very quick as long as the person hasn't moved their textures folder out of runtime, but that is a possibility. It isn't a problem with cr2's, pp2's, etc, because those folders must be in runtime. But textures don't have to be. "Better" will require the person to point Poser to the correct folder when a mat pose is used, but it won't hang or crash Poser because Poser can't find the directory.

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:55 PM

John I have to agree that a standard is necessary. Diane what is the best way for a Mac? I see a lot of stuff with / . Is that a problem for mac users? Ron

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:00 PM

Ron, The best way for a Mac is "john.jpg" Actually, laetia did a little tutorial on this in the merchant's forum. She has it spelled out.

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:10 PM

Thanks! Ron

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:13 PM

***Even Better: "john.jpg" *** Yep yep, no offense to the Merchants or freestuff people but I organize my Poser libraries and folders WAY different than most people and rarely keep the names the same... expecially for the individuals who think it is cute to use "+" and "!" before the file name just so their stuff comes up in the Libraries first... ...oh please... Just name the darn file... rather hardcoding paths. For those of us who's paths aren't set up the same as that which is hardcoded it takes FOREVER for Poser to chug through everything trying to find it. Thank you! Jack

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:25 PM

Ron, The best way for a Mac is "john.jpg" Actually, laetia did a little tutorial on this in the merchant's forum. She has it spelled out.

Questor ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:35 PM

Ronmolina said. "No testers here, or at any other site that I am aware of, opens pp2, cr2 or pz3 files to look at the paths" waves That you are aware of. Great, now you are aware of one, because I do it as a matter of course - at 3DCommune when I tested for them last year, and elsewhere when asked. Always have, always will and if the path statement is wrong, I do fail the product. So, I'm unique huh? Cool. :)

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 4:19 PM

Um, Clint? Ron privately IMing an apology over the mess is fine and it's a nice step. But all of this chaos was public, as were his accusations. His full apology should be public as well.

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 4:54 PM

"No testers here, or at any other site that I am aware of, opens pp2, cr2 or pz3 files to look at the paths. I do

jade_nyc ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 11:51 AM

bookmark - the gang's all here ;) lol

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 3:05 AM

Just a hunch. Did the test machines have an E: drive?

If not Poser may have decided to look in the runtime directory found them and so passed testing.

But if the Users machine did have an E: drive then Poser may have gotten confused when they werent there, forgot to switch back to the correct drive, and crashed.

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 3:37 AM

bookmarked waves to everyone up top

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.