Sun, Sep 22, 11:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 authorization not working on WinXP

philjaeger ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 11:27 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

Poser 5 keeps asking to be reauthorized. Has anyone had this problem and/or found a fix for it. Basically, until this problem is fixed Poser can't be used. So far the tech support has been less than helpful, although they may be looking for a solution themselves.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:19 AM

Make sure you are logged in as the admin/owner of the machine. Also, turn off any firewalls when registering over the web etc.

philjaeger ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:34 AM

Yeah, I just checked the user account settings. Apparently I am the computer administrator...a lofty position carrying much responsibility. (There are no other accounts, as no one else uses this machine.) As for firewalls I would assume that I don't have one since I've never installed one. Phil

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:00 AM

Okay well I'm out of ideas. I do know that the auth info is saved to your HD, apparently it's being lost or removed by something.

jonrd463 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:03 AM

By default, WinXP puts a firewall on all Network connections. Go to the Control Panel and click on Network connections. Right-click on your Internet Connection and select Properties. I -think- there the firewall setting is within that window somewhere. I can't check myself because I'm using AOL as a temporary Internet solution while the cable is prepped in my area. It's got a slightly different setup. You should see a radio button referring to protecting your connection. That's the firewall. Uncheck, reboot, and reconnect, and you should be on your way. Hope that helps! -Jon

soulhuntre ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:26 AM

There is no reason for the firewall to be a problem. If you were having a firewall error Poser would be telling you that it couldn't authorize - not "losing" the authorization. What I CAN tell you is that the authorization does work on WinXP. it's running just fine here.

philjaeger ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:24 AM

Wow...alot of good info here - some things for me to discuss with tech support, if need be. I'm using a dial-up on my primary work computer (the computer with poser on it)If i had dsl on it i fear that i wouldn't get much work done...;)

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 6:04 AM

Any system tools running in the background? Thinks like virus scanners, uninstall aids or the like? Some of those system "improvers" interfere too much with the way the OS works.

bushi ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 9:22 PM

If I understand correctly, you're trying to let P5 get it's own authorization. You could do it manually by taking the challenge code over to the CL site and plugging it in. You have to give some name-address info but you get back the response code which you can then enter in the approperiate box. Takes about 2 minutes all together.

ssshaw ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 10:54 PM

Poser 5 authorized without problem on my XP system. Q#1: when you re-authorize, does Poser 5 reach the screen where it says that it accepted the response code? That is, does it seem like it did authorize, but it is only when you quit, and then restart Poser that there is a complaint? Q#2: Did you receive the automated e-mail from CL, that includes the response code? [another way of checking that the registration process completed okay]. Q#3: does the problem only occur after RESTARTING XP? Q#4: When you select "Help/About Poser", does it show your correct serial number and name? -- ToolmakerSteve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.