Mon, Sep 23, 5:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 4:09 am)

Subject: windows XP Home

slink_001 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:46 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:27 AM

Has anybody had any problems loading P5 under XP Home? I keep getting the message "This software requires installation of certain device drivers and a reboot before running. Please reboot or reinstall the software"

I have done both, more than once. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 11:57 PM

I have gotten the message "You have moved your mouse, please reboot so that windoze changes can take effect."

philjaeger ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:17 AM

reply to : I have gotten the message "You have moved your mouse, please reboot so that windoze changes can take effect." ------------------------------------------------- You're kidding me. That's hilarious. Mine is just stuck in a reauthorization loop.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:17 AM

so far, it works fine with xp. my poser was an upgrade from poser 4. was yours the the whole software package. might make a difference maybe

philjaeger ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:44 AM

Mine is an upgrade from poser 4 as well. Some strange, inane little setting must be turned on or off somewhere on my computer. Why else would I apparently be the only one experiencing this problem. Hey, once i get into poser it works great. Maybe with my next additional authorization I'll leave Poser open indefinitely. WinXP hasn't crashed on me yet (almost a year later), so it's possible....;>) As for your mouse reboot situation...well I've just found that if I have 1 gb ram the computer doesn't act up.

slink_001 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 5:58 AM

I bought the upgrade version for the pro pack. It works fine but this P5 Im not sure what is wrong here. Thanks again for the comments

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 7:57 AM

I have xp home and it installed fine..try uninstalling and then using ctrl alt delete to make sure everything is closed(check processes too, that's where the anivirius likes to hide.) Then reinstall.

Tirjasdyn

Tomsde ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 11:12 AM

I have XP Home Edition and had no trouble installing Poser 5.0. Perhaps, like it was stated above, there is something conflicting running in the background while you installed. I closed out of most the toolbar applications before install. The turning off antivirus thing is important, for some reason that type of software really can mess up installs.

Tomsde ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 11:13 AM

I have XP Home Edition and had no trouble installing Poser 5.0. Perhaps, like it was stated above, there is something conflicting running in the background while you installed. I closed out of most the toolbar applications before install. The turning off antivirus thing is important, for some reason that type of software really can mess up installs.

philjaeger ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 11:23 AM

Thank you, I don't have any antivirus software on the computer, but i can check to see what else was running while i installed poser 5. There shouldn't have been anything more than a couple background programs, such as the epson printer & hp scanner monitors.

slink_001 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:47 PM

I closed out all programs but there were a number of processes running some were critical and I couldnt terminate those I ended up terminating something and my whole system shut down. hmmmm.....

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 6:57 AM

I would turn off those printer and scanner monitors as well. They can cause problems...anything that runs outside of the windows files could cause a problem. Slink: Don't terminate explorer or systray, that is windows it self...any xp gurus can tell if there is anything else intergrigal(sp)?

Tirjasdyn

ssshaw ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 12:21 AM

That "device drivers" message strikes me as unusual. What device drivers could it be referring to? Check the requirements for Poser 5 to see if you have everything that is required. If that doesn't explain it, then I'd ask Curious Labs' tech support about the message. Report back here what tech support says the message might mean, and maybe someone will know what to do next... -- ToolmakerSteve

slink_001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 2:14 PM

This is what Tech support at Curious has said I havent tried it yet I will give it a shot. Hello there, you must have tpkd.sys installed in your windowssystemdrivers folder. It must also be enabled. If you can't find it, you must end all 3rd party processes and reinstall Poser 5.

slink_001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 4:30 PM

It didnt work

slink_001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 5:28 PM

Ok first I want to thank everyone for the advise and support. I did get a call from CL today and they walked me through my problem. I got a better response from a human being than using the email bot techincal support. Computers make people forget there are other humans on the other side when requesting help. Either thier SLAs are making the support staff provide vauge answers to request so they can close them to meet those SLAs or the email support is useless. Either way a very patient and nice individual at CL did help me out this issue with the Tpkd.sys file some how or another it got disabled, its located in windowssystem32drivers under XP but to enable or disable it you have to right click on my computer, then select manage, then select device manager, on the top menu select view, then show hidden devices,then go to non-plug and play devices,Tpkd should not have a big x running through it, it needs to be enabled, from here just highlight it and click on properties and enable or highlight it and click on the small computer that says enable. Then reboot and run P5 thats it, problem solved.

CyberStretch ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 9:58 PM

Attached Link: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q314101

Interesting tidbit: "This behavior can occur if you have PACE InterLok anti-piracy software installed on your computer. InterLok installs the Tpkd.sys driver, which uses the same IRQ as the Standard Floppy Disk Controller device." "InterLok is a toolset for protecting, distributing, and selling software electronically via the Internet."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.