Sun, Oct 6, 5:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Ok, I take it back about DAZ...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:34 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 4:38 PM

Despite saying I'd not be dealing with them again, I decided to buy Michael 2 today. I'm very impressed with the quality of the figure - it seems to be very easy to use and get good results with. I've only been using the thing for an hour and I already have a reasomable likeness of myself. Ah, vanity, thy name is Sam Therapy. :) A question - where on earth can I find a good cape - and a cowl/headpiece thingy? I want to create some Superman/Batman type textures. Any advice? TIA.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

guarie ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.animotions.com

Check out Animotions - it's got everything you need for Super Heroes!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:45 PM

Hood:

Check in Free Stuff for thip's mantle for Mike (hosted by shadowcat).

_dodger also has a new hooded cowl for Mike in the Renderosity Marketplace.

Cape:

Most of the good capes are commercial items, often sold as part of a larger package.

PhilC has a nice, hooded Romantix cape in Free Stuff; it's a prop parented to Victoria, but you might be able to make it work with Michael.

And like quarie says, take a look in the Free Stuff at AniMotions.com. Some of the costumes and accessories are made for Michael.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:47 PM

Thanks, people. I looked in Animotions but couldn't find anything suitable so far. As for buying a cape, etc, I'd be happy to do that if I can find anything that's useful.

My Store

My Gallery

sturkwurk ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 9:18 PM
Online Now!

"I looked in Animotions but couldn't find anything suitable so far." Hmmm did you look at the HUNDREDS of FREE characters there? Many have capes. Look in Comic Downloads... George Deep had a fantastic set of capes... you might be able to talk him into selling them at RDNA. Also Daz included a great set of capes on the old Costume Shop CD... I've been using them for years. I've also broken out and made a couple capes... more to come on that. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:29 AM

Doug, I eventually found what I needed - and saw quite a lot of your work in the process - very impressive, sir. I also got hold of your remapped bodysuit, and it works like a charm. Many thanks. Now, I wonder if you can help me out with this... is there a way to remap Michael's morphing body suit? I figured it may be useful to use that particular one for my superhero type characters. Any pointers would be welcome.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:38 AM

Ha! I figured it out - I altered the CR2 to point to the new geometry file. :D

My Store

My Gallery

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:39 AM
Online Now!

Sure thing... and it's easier then you think to remap michael's morphing body suit... because you already have. Let me explain... the body suit geometry is the same for both the morphing and non morphing suits... all you have to do is change the reference in the cr2 to the 2nd remapped geometry and you're good to go. The easy way... open your library for the cr2 of the morphing body suit... MAKE A COPY of the morphing body suit. Call the copy something like "Remapped M2 Bodysuit" then open the NEW cr2 with your notepad. do a search and replace Find blBodySuit.obj replace with blBodySuitRM.obj (or whatever you called your remapped geometry) save the file and you're good to go. If you need more exact instructions... just ask. The main jist is... make a copy of the morphing cr2... change it's geometry reference to your remapped version. tada. oh... and unless you copy the rsr... you won't get a preview pic... you can always make one or just copy one. Doug

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:40 AM

Thanks anyhow, Doug. :)

My Store

My Gallery

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:45 AM
Online Now!

no problem, looks like I was one minute late.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.