Fri, Sep 20, 4:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:25 pm)

Subject: P5 Arrived at last in the UK

poseschool ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 10:55 AM Ā· edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 4:33 AM

Well it finally turned up.... Opened the box, looked at the manual but have put off installing it until the patch comes out? Any news on that? Looks impressive, if it works :)

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:12 AM

no nothing about the patch. should be out today,but who knows :-((

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:15 AM

Crikey Poserschool! well done I point you to some of the install strings. I defragged all my drives, upped my virtual memory and went for it. The only crashes I have had are the common ones- moving between rooms too quickly. If you use firefly with all the rendering options checked you'll have time for a nice cup of tea ;-) uncharitable people may say also a leisurely five mile walk as well, but it is not that slow! Worth it though oh my word yes Slowly tearing what little is left of my hair over the face room at the moment.... Dotty Doc Cooper

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:17 AM

Oops sorry Looked at CL just now As bare and barren as a dessert(even has cow skulls there) Nothing yet... PaulC

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:33 AM

think they will release the patch on friday ,5 min before they all leave for the weekend:-))

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:38 AM

Low blow Thomas Do you know rather than convene Patch Watch 2002 round 2 I think c1rcle had the right idea - download over the weekend and see if the patch has any iffy bits to it.Our cousins across the water will yell if there is anything up soon enough. Paul

poseschool ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 12:25 PM

Narsil LOL.... I could do with excercise anyhow ;) thgeisel 'leave for the weekend:-))' HeHe.. I wonder why... Thought the patch was due out end of Sept... What did you up your virtual memory to? Might wait for my new system rather than install it on this dinosaur.... (800 Amd Chip, 350meg ram and Win 98....) I have visions of my system having a nervous breakdown and laughing at me.

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 12:37 PM

The only probs you may have is with you meory and the OS I run on an AMD 1.2 Ghz and 512Mb and it runs fine - but I have win2k. Seems P5 tend to sway towards the NT memory map. The program is a beast. I liken it to the plant in "a little shop of horrors".. you know the one that shouts FEED ME the more memory the better. Paul

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 1:41 PM

At least you got your copy, I am still waiting, and I preordered 28th August. Looks like my new pc will be built before I get it, which at least will save me doing a reinstall. Trouble is teccie is building it in his spare time, which he doesn't hve much of, so never thought it would be done before I got P5.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 1:47 PM

Coo Chohole Still waiting. -Have you given them a "friendly email" I think all of us last week had to do that to get the one legged irishman lurching your way. Have they given you a delivery date yet concerned Paul

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:59 PM

They have had 2 friendly e mails so far, last one recieved yesterday said they were looking into it for me. No delivery date, my order status still says "in progress" Guess that one legged irishman don't much fancy coming up against the Wombles, can't really miss my part of London, I have the A3 only about 200 yds from the house. I have been amusing myself with pushing bryce, to see how many figures in can import before it squeals and gives up.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

narsil ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 1:27 AM

I used to live that way myself (well Hackbridge/Sutton really). You will find for no apparent obvious reason the order status will go to shipped- and then they won't know whats happening and what the shipping number is and so on. If it wasn't so frustrating it would be funny. P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.