Fri, Sep 20, 6:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: a bar of soap

drafter69 ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 4:15 PM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 12:47 PM

does anyone know where I can locate a bar of soap for poser?

rodzilla ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 4:55 PM

ummm that's a really simple prop...what exactly are you looking for?unless it's for an extreme closeup why not just use a standard poser "box" prop?scale it's dimensions to the right size and shape make it white or whatever color soap you need and viola!,one bar of soap?if that won't do for your needs,post a bit more info,if it doesn't exist already,i'm sure i or someone else can whip out a "bar of soap" prop from 3dsmax or whatever prog pretty quickly,it should take all of several seconds to make a box and round the corners off,bend it a bit or whatever it needs,unless like i said you need extreme detail like indented logo lettering or something this is a really simple shape

cooler ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 7:32 PM

file_25898.jpg

you're right rodzilla, just a bar of soap was too easy so I had to do a soap dish to go with it. :-) It will be up in freestuff at 3D Commune shortly. P.S. it does have a custom bump map so you can change the logo on the bar :-)

rodzilla ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 10:07 PM

file_25899.jpg

cooler,nice soap! i took a bit of a different route,i made a whole new standard prop,i went into max and made up a chamfer box with zero chamfer,exported it then,added the chamfer...imported the first box into poser,then added the second as a morph target and saved it as a prop pp2 file...the end result a box prop with a morphing round edge,it'll morph all the way to full sphere!unfortunately the more you morph the more the mapping gets messed up on the edges,i'm not sure how to counter that.but it should be useful for a few things and it makes a pretty good bar of soap with some scaling and dial twiddling... if anyone wants a copy,post here or message me with an email addy,and i'll email a copy :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 4:06 AM

Cooler, That sea shell soap dish is lovely! I don't take baths, preferring showers... but I believe there is something called "bath pearls"? You drop a couple in and they foam up the water? Anyway, it's the sort of thing that an elegant lady with a sunken bathtub would have. Carolly

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 4:16 AM

Carolly, thanx for the kind words but actually the soap dish is a 'cheat' I didn't have time to model from scratch so I used the shell from my freebie clam cr2, attached a post to it & threw on the default P4 reflection maps :-) As to the bath pearls or bath beads (I've heard both terms used), you could probably use PhilCs' freebie bubbles & adjust the transparency/texture maps to get the right effect

drafter69 ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 8:24 AM

Thank you "cooler" for the wonderful prop. The bar of soap is perfect. I won't go into details but it is for a poser character who is about to get their mouth washed out with soap................

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.