Fri, Sep 20, 1:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: I am going to be the CONTROL in this experiment

TalleyJC ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 7:32 AM ยท edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 4:56 PM

Sorry guys. I was already to get the patch but as soon as I saw it was pulled and then replaced, I've decided to wait. I can't deal with slamming my machine again with stuff that's this broken. Patches should NEVER introduce new problems. I'll monitor the list and wait to see when you guys give the ALL CLEAR. My P5 will collect dust until its fixed.

Disciple3d ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 8:55 AM

Now people would slam me for being a whinner if I had posted this. JeffH must not be around today or something. I think it's a good idea for someone to act as the control for a week or two. I too am suspect of the bug fixes creating new problems. For me, there are bugs, but by and large the program doesn't crash me too often. I'd like to keep it that way. But, I lack the self control to be the control. As soon as I get that badboy completely download, which is taking quite some time, I'm going to install it. Regards, Brent

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

TalleyJC ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 10:10 AM

I still have poser 4 installed so that's where I'll play. I love Poser but this Microsoft approach to putting out garbage and fixing it later is unacceptable - at least it should be. I have to say that if me or my staff was to release something like this first version P5, upper management would have canned us. I know that the poor folks at CL are under pressure and it must have been hell yesterday when the patch went out with the bad interface but I think Steve needs to get a clear moment and stop the chaos and get a handle on things. Constant user disappointment will start to drive even the blindly faithful to greener pastures. You can love the product, but if its crushing your creative process with flaws and crashes it ceases to be useful. As a developer myself, I know how they feel but overall I am embarrassed for them. This release was (is) undeniably disastrous. The broken patch - far worse. Even though I am in the minority of being an animator, I wouldn't consider myself a super-power-user but I could see the bugs from orbit. The people who had "no problems" couldn't have been doing much. I am really, really pulling for CL to get it together. It is a great program but even I am depressed by this whole mess. I love doing this 3d thing. I am really thinking about going to another platform like cinema or lightwave. If the rumors of DAZ creating a product are true I'd have to consider it. Victoria and Michael kick the crap out of everything else so far, so I think they could be a contender. I'd love for poser to be my main platform but this whole mess has really got me un-nerved. Please CL - Take a deep breath, relax and Focus. There is no Spoon. TalleyJC

Disciple3d ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 11:47 AM

Dang well said TalleyJC.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

Lapis ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 12:34 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth TalleyJC.

jwkub ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 1:51 PM

Applauds Standing Ovation Thank you TalleyJC , that was well spoken.

zalmegra ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 2:16 PM

Yah, TalleyJC I do agree there. I started using Poser at version 3, and immediately grabbed up version 4 as soon as it came out. But after a while, I realized that my dreams of higher quality, and faster workflow would have to be done with Lightwave. I've been thrilled that I could use the Pro Pack and get those Poser scenes to look good rendered and animated in Lightwave, with all of the effects that I desired. (Ok, cloth with Motion Designer is not working so well for me.) That's why when I saw Poser5 coming out, the hair and cloth were the two most important things to me. But when I found out that those are most likely not going to port over to Lightwave in the next Pro Pack, then I realize that I cannot move forward with that. I can pay $395 for Sasquatch to take care of my hair needs, but the cloth seems out of my reach with my current configuration. I really have been reading the posts this time around, and that makes me still afraid to shell out the measly $129 to upgrade to P5. I've been talking more with the guys from Daz, and if they pull out something that takes care of my needs since I'll do the bulk of my work with Mike2 and Vicky2, well....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.