Fri, Sep 20, 1:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Need help in cloth room

Hattori ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2002 at 8:24 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:35 PM

When worked on my poser4 clothes in the cloth room,I met a hard trouble.How could I put the parent figure and its child into one constrained group? For example,the hierarchy structure is: |-Figure_1 | -ClothPlain_1 | -ClothPlain_2 | -ClothPlain_3 So how should I do to include clothplain 1-3 into one constrained group and activate them together?

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2002 at 10:16 AM

You can't. each cloth Item has to have it's own simulation. though it is possable if the cloth items are intended to form a single garment to turn them into one object, then it would of course all be part of the same simulation

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2002 at 11:40 AM

wdupre, how do you go about turning them into one object? This is a question I had as well...

Hattori ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2002 at 11:42 AM

Thanx,I've read the tutorial and comprehend this.It seems that I have to have my clothes rebuilded...

hpdrag ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2002 at 12:03 PM

most clothes have an obj-file in the geometries-folder. Just import this, but check the option 'weld identical vertices'. If the obj is well done (most are), you can then use the different material groups and put them to constraint, dynamic and so on.

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2002 at 12:33 PM

as far as turning multiple object into a single object it's as simple as exporting them as a wavefront object (checking all the parts you want in the object in the hierarchy popup during export) then importing the resulting single object. but remember that when you do this it becomes an unboned mesh with no morphs the only dials are scale rotation and translation so if you are doing this to conforming clothing it is best to conform it to the figure before exporting the object just make sure the underlying figure is not checked in the hierarchy when you export.

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2002 at 11:06 PM

THANK you wdupre! I have been thinking that there has to be an easier way.... :)))

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 3:16 AM

Ok, thank you very much for that. Forgot about this thread, then was thinking about it again, and had to search forever to find it again lol. Thanks again wdupre

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.