Fri, Sep 20, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 Rocks! Thanks CL & RDNA!

MaterialForge ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 12:05 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:12 PM

I'm very happy with it. I haven't had any of the problems I've heard about. I waited a week after getting it to even install it. But, I braved it and haven't regretted it! The hair room is cool, the material nodes are sweet, and dynamic cloth - well, it's slow, but it still rocks. The P5 figures, straight-out-of-the-box, look great. The RDNA team did a fantastic job with them. They look great right alongside Mike and Vicky (who work even better in P5 than P4, by the way), and on their own. Sure, there are still things that need improvement (personally, I find the lighting system a pain), but that's how it is with any software. For those who remember Poser 1.0 - tell me how far it's come! So I am enjoying it very much (but I am anxiously awaiting the Content Paradise). Kudos to the CL and RDNA teams. Poser 5 kicks ass! --Donnie

renderhawk ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:30 PM

Hear hear.
I totally agree Silver,this new release ROCKS.
It does however take a lot of CPU power and RAM
to really kick ass.
I too think the lights can be improwed,a LOCAL light
is welcome.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 7:58 PM

i am wondering if different versions poser five are going out to people with other corrections added. i have not have many problems since the patch but the rendering mode (firefly) is still very frustrating.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 8:57 PM

Hmm, I don't know, but I doubt it - commercial CD duplication runs are not cheap, I assume it's all from the same batch. More than likely it's the myriad possibilities of pc software and hardware configurations, as well as maintenance (or lack of) the end-user's computer. System maintenance and care has more impact software running smooth than most people think. I'm not saying that's all it is, but it could account for some of the grief. I know Poser 4 on my old system is starting to freak lately, and it's been eight months since the pc was first installed and configured. Hard drives get bad sectors, or aren't defragged often enough, software comes and goes, and generally a lot of crap can get installed on a typical pc in a few months time - all wreaking havoc on the OS and the Registry. I'm rough on systems - I really put them through the paces, what with audio recording and near-24/7 rendering, but at the same time I take care of them. My P5 install is on a system that I've only had for two weeks. In six months, we'll see how smooth it runs after the drive has had it's share of use.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.