Wed, Sep 18, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 5:26 pm)

Subject: New texture for P5WomanJeans

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 12:24 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 5:25 PM

file_27050.jpg

A new 'jeans' texture I've knocked up - I need to do a little more work to align the stitching on the rear pockets then if there is any interest, I'll post it in the free area. Stu

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 12:24 PM

file_27051.jpg

Another view

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 12:24 PM

file_27052.jpg

And another

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 12:27 PM

Those look very good, quite realistic. Really like them.

doldridg ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 6:16 PM

Excellent! I'll certainly download them if they appear in the free area.

tbird10 ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2002 at 5:09 AM

I have relatives visiting this weekend, so it'll be a few days, I'll post a message when I put them in the free area.

Stu

Home page:

www.stu-runham.co.uk

ronstuff ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2002 at 4:02 PM

Nice work! - Did you render these with the Firefly engine or the P4 engine? Have you noticed that textures in firefly seem to lose a lot of detail and look much better when rendered with the Poser 4 renderer? Just wondering if anyone else is having problems getting good textures in Firefly renders or if its just me.

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2002 at 4:55 PM

I have trouble getting Firefly renders period. I guess I just don't have enough memory available so I'm sticking with the Poser 4 renderer for most everything.

doldridg ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2002 at 6:18 PM

Firefly is actually not a bad renderer once you get used to its idiosyncracies. I found a bug in it today, though. Raytraced shadows cause serious artifacts on background shader nodes. To get the full benefit of it, though, is going to take some time. I guess I'm just patient. I learned to export a .rib file from P4 and render it in BMRT, so I guess I can learn a new renderer with procedural shaders in P5.... I've actually had a couple of things come out rather nice once I turned on depth of field and got it set up.

doldridg ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2002 at 6:18 PM

Firefly is actually not a bad renderer once you get used to its idiosyncracies. I found a bug in it today, though. Raytraced shadows cause serious artifacts on background shader nodes. To get the full benefit of it, though, is going to take some time. I guess I'm just patient. I learned to export a .rib file from P4 and render it in BMRT, so I guess I can learn a new renderer with procedural shaders in P5.... I've actually had a couple of things come out rather nice once I turned on depth of field and got it set up.

ronstuff ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2002 at 7:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=909025

I actually am starting to believe that Firefly is really BAD for UV textured items and good for items using shaders without UV mapping. See my other thread on textures in Firefly at the link here.

tbird10 ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 10:25 AM

These were rendered on Firefly, draft setting, cast shadows off,

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.