Thu, Sep 19, 6:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Monthly Challenge Entry

Darkginger ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:32 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 2:39 PM

file_27555.jpg

A forest scene without any Bryce trees! Yeah, it's a bit silly, but it was fun to make. I've got another version with Depth of Field turned on - took me ages to decide which one to post, but I think this is the better of the two... Good luck to all!

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:47 AM

Novel concept, most unusual...Great pic!

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:01 AM

Great image. Nice idea. Nice modelling. Nice textures.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

big_hoovie ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 5:53 AM

it's kinda like a foresty version of veggie tales. =c) Great work. I love it when someone pushes the boundries of the challenge(and bryce) to see what can be done. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that the leaves on the ground are the same piles of leaves many of us are using, no?(the one from 3dplants) just something I noticed.

cshaftoe ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 7:08 AM

Are these ENTS? The Bryster

Darkginger ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 9:33 AM

Yep, that's the same pile of leaves that everyone seems to have! In fact, I went to 3Dplants to get them after seeing them in an earlier post. I love them! And the figures are UD Plant Pixies and Treant, with rather modified textures on the pixies (can't recall what I did with the Treant - have rendered and re-rendered this so many times now I can't remember anything about it - does anyone else do that?)

big_hoovie ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:31 AM

yeah, I re-render many times, until I get it the way I want. although, if I change something significant, I tend to save the files incrementally(ie render1, render2, render3, etc) so if I decide I like something I did previously, better, I can easily go back to it.

Colette1 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:57 AM

Very cute.

lsstrout ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:45 PM

I really like this too. Well done. I started taking notes on everything I do and making multiple version of things. Now I can go back and look at my notes and realize I left out the key bit of information that would let me recreate the same effect. ;) Lin

big_hoovie ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 5:38 PM

hmmm....notes....I never thought of doing that. I'm too lazy anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.(besides, I cant take notes, if I'm using my computer at the time. no such thing as pencil and paper at MY desk. hehe)

lsstrout ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:44 PM

Ahh... but the spiffy imac I use has this feature called 'stickies' which are a computerized version of post-it notes. You don't have to close them even with a memory hog like bryce. Just open a sticky and tap in your little bits of information, then you can transfer it to a word file or print it out later. Lin

big_hoovie ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 9:02 AM

Actually, I believe that MS Office has a feature like that., or rather MS Outlook, has a feature like that.

lsstrout ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 12:06 PM

Really, I never noticed it on my PC.... I'll have to have a look.

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 1:32 PM

Making notes is very handy. I don't use digital post-it notes, I have a really ugly but very handy mousepad. It is basically a whole bunch of pieces of paper kept together with a little bit of rubber. I can write all sorts of codinates, settings etc. on it and when one piece of paper is full I just pull it of the mousepad and a fresh new one appears.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 7:24 PM

I have a design journal, I note everything in it, with sketches, that way, should anything go wonky with my computer, I can reproduce the image somewhat accurately...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.