Sun, Oct 6, 8:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: DAZ's Platinum Club - Is it worth it?

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 2:38 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:25 AM

I was checking my e-mails and noticed this...checked around the DAZ site...not sure if it's ulitmately worth it...what does everyone else think?

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

tonymouse ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 2:49 PM

So far I have to say yes! the upfront cost(on sale) and the initial offerings are well worth it(I picked up 26 different things for about $50). What the offerings and support down the road ??? who know?? Their rep has been mostly good so for me it is worth risk. also do a search cuz there are other threads about it here too.

huskydog ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 2:50 PM

Depends on how much you plan to buy. I noticed about 4 or 5 items I wanted, which would make the membership worth having (to save money buying those items). Figure out the math and see if any of the items being offered for $2.00 to Platinum members interest you.

grypho ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 2:51 PM

You have to do the math and decide for yourself. If you already purchased all the club items (I have a fair number of them), then there may not be enough for you there. It was a no-brainer for me. There were enough things that I needed or wanted that I have already saved a bundle. (I just purchased 13 items for a total cost of $76, including the $50 membership. At least 1 of the items alone is regularly $45, and several of them are regularly $20+ each.)

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:02 PM

Well there are a lot that I do want, but I'm just wondering about down the road and whatnot...I made the jump with PoserWorld last year and have been quite happy with the decision and was just wondering other people's thoughts on DAZ'z new offer.

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:05 PM

The thing that is good is that they will be having more items coming in, so it will be a great offer even if you own everything in there now. Marque

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:08 PM

So everything that's up there now will be up there in the future as well? Not like changing stuff every week? I know there's a bunch of stuff that I'd like to have, but I don't have the cash flow to pay 50 for the membership and another 50-60 on top of that for everything that I want at this time...I'd like to slowly build up (like a few items a week or so)

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:41 PM

Is it worth it? Duff Man says "Ohhh Yeahhh". Seriously, it paid for itself in savings made on items I was saving up for anyway. Jack

MeInOhio ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:43 PM

I already had a lot of things in the club, but there was still a lot of content I want to get. Oh, yeah! It's worth it! Kevin

oak77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:44 PM

I think it's totally worth it...I've already saved money, and purchasing their products for $2 a pop is waaaayyy too easy.

Dizzie ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 4:23 PM

lots of responses on these 2 threads: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=913095 http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=912167

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 4:58 PM

I'm liking what I hear so far, but I'd still like to know if they're changing things on a weekly basis or if what I want this week will still be there in 3 weeks or 3 months when I get the extra cash to pick stuff up. (I've already got a list of about 30 things I'd like to have, but I don't have the extra 60 bucks to drop on top of the 50 for the membership)

milamber42 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 5:14 PM

serpentis, I've emailed DAZ with that question as well. Hopefully I will get an answer. I also suggested that they add the answer to the FAQ for the P Club.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 5:20 PM

If you check the FAQ, it already says that no, it isn't a rotating sale. Everything that's up stays up, AND they'll add more stuff.

Hiram ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 6:06 PM

file_27623.jpg

My shopping list with original prices: 49.95 - Rulers of Egypt 49.95 - Treasures of Egypt 59.95 - Vicki's Changing Ponytail Collection 29.95 - Vicki's Changing Ponytail Expansion Pack 9.95 - Vicki's Changing Ponytail Maps & Poses 39.95 - Spywear for Vicki & Steph 44.95 - Mike's Changing Fantasy Suit TOTAL **284.65**

What I spent:
49.95 - Discounted membership fee
13.93 - ALL THE KILLER CRAP ABOVE
TOTAL
63.88 = Yes, it's worth it.

But only if you want the stuff that's in the P-Club area.

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 6:15 PM

YAY...then that absoutly IS worth the 50 bucks...Actually, my "wish list" is already at over 300+ bucks at regular cost!!! Which is utterly amazing in itself...LOL Busting out the credit card now

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 6:17 PM

Hiram, I've been eyeing stuff and putting it on Xmas lists all over the place for friends and family! LOL Now they'll have to find something else to buy me snickers THAT can always be adjusted LOL

MeInOhio ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 6:37 PM

Anton also said on another thread that the items do not rotate. And I was just thinking, if you're not a Michael, Vicki and Stephanie user, - and you should be - then you might not consider it worth it. But if you are, then what are you waiting for? Kevin

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 6:43 PM

heh, I use Posette as much as I use all 3 Mil adults. Don't use the Mil kids as much, but...shrug I'm picking out my poison as we speak MeInOhio...I didn't WANT to spend more than 15 bucks after membership price...HOWEVER It's getting really hard to decide...cos after all 2 bucks IS only 2 bucks...LOL (and I'm the most impatient person in the world and don't want to wait 2 weeks till I get paid and have MORE on my wish list LOL)

MeInOhio ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 6:51 PM

Have a blast! I've been there twice already and saw more stuff I want. I didn't realize it, but there is a Platinum Store. They have textures for the sci-fi suits and thing there that weren't showing in the regular store. Or if they were, I missed them. Kevin

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 7:05 PM

heh, I bypassed the SciFi suits this week...there was a lot more that I wanted, but I figured GULP 29.85 was ENOUGH to spend on top of the 50 for the membership (but I tallied all the stuff that I got up and it SHOULD have been 494.34!!!! I spent aprox 90 on everything Well worth it (although my checkbook is now killing me)

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 7:13 PM

file_27624.jpg

I just couldn't help it!!! It was like Xmas time!! Yes, I know I'm an addict, I will be the first to admit that one. I've been learning 3D modeling so I can make even more stuff for my Poser People. (what's sad is they have bigger closets than I do and DAZ just helped support that fact a "tad bit" more LOL)

Philodox ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 7:44 PM
Online Now!

Well, I guess I'm the cheap one here... I can afford $50 a month... got the membership, Pop Stars clothing pack and that new Gypsy/Genie clothing back for $53.93, total... Next month, I start clearing the place out, though... :P

To answer the first question... just the stuff I got today would normally be about $65... I got them for $4 after the membership fee... yeah, it's worth it...

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 8:02 PM

Philodox...my checkbook is REALLY complaining after the $90 drop (and I'm gonna suffer till I get paid cos that was like all my extra spending cash) but you're right, DEFINITLY worth it...and there's tons more on my wish list, but I figure if I can spend 10 bucks a week, I'll have everything on my list in a matter of a few months :)

Hiram ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 8:07 PM

Yep.. Pop Stars and the Genie/Gypsy pack are on my list for next time. It was a toss-up between them and the Ponytail stuff.

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 8:26 PM

heh, Hiram...I hear that, I made a list out that I can cross stuff off of when I pick it up...I can't believe how much I want and how much it would cost regular price! HOW on earth is DAZ doing this??!!! But thank you whatever god we pleased for this deal!

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:12 PM

HOW on earth is DAZ doing this??!!! And why are they doing this?? Lots of us would have kept paying full price for those items. Some of us have to wait and save, but eventually we would have. I guess they get the money sooner, but a LOT less of it! I know software copies in unlimited but could they be cutting the bottom out of their own market, that they were the leaders in in the first place? I hope it works out for them. In the meantime... WHOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:45 PM

Is Pluto a bit nippy in the winter? BTW: Daz - you guys need to extend the length of your shopping cart cookie. It kept timing out on me before I was done! I had to try three times to get my purchase to go through - and even then I broke my purchase into 2 parts.

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:05 PM

I ordered 15 things at once Crescent. What I did was look around and write down what I wanted and went and dumped them all into my shopping cart and had them all in less than 10 minutes. Maybe that's what we need to do to "buy in bulk"?

Lorraine ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:13 PM

I don't care how they do it, just that they keep doing it for the Platinum club members!...YIPEE...I have saved a bunch and got a couple of things I had to pass up because I bought other things.... Oh my it is better than christmas in October!...

creativechaos ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 12:08 AM

I saved a TON and can't wait to pick up more! LOL I've already saved 9+x the cost of the membership!! if I did that right, I saved something like 460 bucks and spent 50 on the membership...) That is impressive by far...and wouldn't have had most of the stuff I got if it wasn't for this club. Thanx are in order to DAZ!

Schlabber ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 4:39 AM

Don't know if it is worth it ?? But I KNOW I have to buy a lot of stuff this weekend (lol) at the DAZ Platinum club :o)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 10:14 AM

I spent (not including membership) $16 on stuff that would have otherwise cost me $266. So yeah, it's worth it. Oh boy, is it ever worth it. :) Don't forget there's a 30% discount on a heck of a lot of other things, too - including many of the sale items.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

creativechaos ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 2:11 PM

nodnod Yupperz...I can't believe I actually questioned it LOL But it's still always great to hear user feedback. I'm definitly a happy DAZ customer (not that I haven't always been a happy customer of theirs) Although the initial shock has worn off my checkbook, it will be much happier that I'm saving money (heh, all the more to spend...wait...it's still going to hate me)

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 3:08 PM

Only 19 items? Wimp! ;-) I spent more in the downloads than on the initial membership. My first basket alone was more than the membership fee. (I think Daz is going to charge me for repairs on the shopping cart from overburdening it so badly!) ;-)

creativechaos ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 11:46 PM

ROFLMAO - Crescent, had I had that kind of money, I'd have bought the WHOLE store that I didn't have LOL (well minus a few textures I don't partictularly like) but...alas, I'll have to settle for buying a few a week till I have it all (just imagine, new toys every week for a year...it's like xmas every Monday (or whenever they update the platinum store every week) ;) and you didn't break the cart...it worked for me :)

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 8:23 PM

I'm glad they managed to fix the cart and oil its wheels before you got there. ;-) One of my items managed to slip to the bottom of the basket and was crushed under the weight of all the other items, though. A 2MB file was smushed into just 115kb. I had to go to Daz and ask them to replace the file for download. (And I already have my replacement copy, so life is good.)

creativechaos ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 9:25 PM

Yea, DAZ is really great with their customer service. Glad to hear everything to worked out really quickly and you have all your stuff.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 1:01 AM

ohhh just can't wait for all the egyptian zombies wearing glasses with posable ponytails...haha..better hurry n get mine before they are all gone hahaha!

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 10:12 AM

Worth it?! YES!!! The only problem is first putting the multitude of items I buy into the cart and then downloading each of those items. I spent an hour on a cable connection this morning just clicking "Save Target As" and downloading.

jval ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 1:38 PM

HOW on earth is DAZ doing this??!!! >And why are they doing this?? How many people will buy a $40 item versus how many will buy the same item for $2. If the ratio is only 21:1 DAZ will be ahead of the game. If you compare how many people buy an inedible Big Mac burger for dinner compared to those who dine upon restaurant steak I think you'll find the ratio will be a lot better than 21:1. $40 is not much but still enough to give people second thoughts before spending. $2.00 is tip money even if you are really, really cheap. The question is why hasn't DAZ done this before? - Jack

creativechaos ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 5:08 PM

LOL @ MachineClaw's comment. Hrmm, Egyptian Zombies with pony tails eh...Can't say I've done that one yet HEH lhiannan - I feel your pain LOL I spent an hour downloading the other day. :) and I'd do it again too! jval, my brother and I got into this discussion when I showed him the promo. He pretty much said the same thing. "More people will buy at 2 bucks than at 40 bucks, not to mention with the membership fee, they're still coming out ahead of the game. That is a good question, why haven't they done it before!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.