Tue, Oct 22, 1:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Movie problems.

Torulf ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 11:09 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:47 PM

I am trying to make a 3d movie, using Bryce and Poser4. I want to run a large movie on an 800x600 full screen. I use a PC 900MHz, 560MB ram. There are several questions about size format compression and more. I have tried this way. Render raw AVI 640x480. Edit and compress in Premiere 6. Store it at the hard drive. I have tested several types of compression, like MPG. I play it from the hard drive using Win Media Player. I plan to burn CDs and play it from a CD. The movie does not flow, but hacks and moves slowly. It works better if I use 480x360, but its still not perfect, and if I run it full screen it becomes blurry and pixelized, especially if I use MPG. I would be grateful for advice and tips. Are there some useful tutorials? Torulf

TG

nemirc ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 4:35 PM

I've experienced that problem when using certain formats. You can try recompresing the file with VirtualDub. It's a simple encoder that supports any thinkable format and the output comes out pretty good.

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

4096 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:04 PM

Try using the indeo codec, it'll compress with fairly reasonable quality. harddrives can't handle layback of uncompressed frames.

Bongo ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 7:50 PM

I feel your pain. I'm trying to do something similar 720x480 poser animation to run on your home DVD player. Getting information on how to do this is piece meal and incomplete. No wonder there is so little work getting out. We need a one stop info source. I spend my time trying to figure out codecs and fields and compression schemes etc. when I could be animatin - it's hard enough all on its own.

bluetone ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 7:52 PM

Only render to the size you want for the final use. If you render smaller then you want, it will always look blocky, and pixellated. Cinepak is another OK format, that any machine can play back. If you want to use MEPG, get a better encoder then the stock one in Premiere. I output to uncompressed, then toss the file into Cleaner for my encoding, but it is a little pricey. The best use for MPEG is if your going to DVD. Then of course, you'd be using MPEG 2.

Edgar ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 8:43 AM

The Cinepak CODEC can work pretty nicely. I put the Key Frames up to around 100 which ends up creating a pretty nice 'smooth' appearance to all the frames in between... Can't use that CODEC for much else, but if you want to have a large image, it'll probaly work.

ttops ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 7:41 AM

Use streaming media as your file type *.wmv you will get smooth playback from a CD. TT.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.