Wed, Sep 18, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: Hmmm - Testing my new computer

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 12:15 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_28906.jpg

I thought I'd test my amazing new computer that I took delivery off yesterday - this isn't a pretty scene - I was just loading it up with raytraced shadows, reflections and hair etc. This is rendered in Firefly with everything on at production quality at 640 by 480 and took 3 minutes to render - pretty fast you might think but then I am now running a P4 2.8GHZ with 1Gig or PC2700 DDR Ram (I couldn't stretch to rambus) so it should be fast, and this was still a little slow for my liking :-)

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 12:20 PM

Oh and this was Poser5 running with SR2 Beta installed.

Hiram ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 12:23 PM

It seems that the woman in the reflection has short hair while the one in the foreground has long hair. ??

Lapis ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 12:48 PM

Yes Hiram I noticed that too. The shadows seem haphazard too. Hair castin dark shadows on her back, yet her body shadow is where I'd guess it to be.

quinlor ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 12:51 PM

It looks like 'visible in raytracing' is off for the hair. that is the default for most P5 hair. stefan

MadYuri ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 12:56 PM

You have to enabe the property 'Visible in Ray Tracing' for the dynamic hair if you want to see it in a mirror. ;)

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 1:14 PM

I'll give that a try and redo :-) I haven't had a chance to get to grips with it yet - I was waiting 'till my new 'puter was here - Now it is , I'm hoping to get down to some serious posering :-)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 4:24 PM

2.8GHz, eh? The latest from Intel ... not bad. Think we'll reach 3GHz by January? I was going to say that three minutes was bad at that speed, but then I noticed that you have a reflective floor. If you want raytraced shadows, you'll also have to enable them for each individual light, as they default to shadow mapping. Simply selecting raytracing in your render options isn't enough. The shadows in the image above look like shadow maps.

tbird10 ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 4:05 AM

Yep - the floor was reflective as well - everything was on default settings - so they probably will be shadow maps then - I hope to have some time this weekend to really play around :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.