Fri, Sep 20, 2:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 2:35 pm)

Subject: Need Help Putting Models In P4...

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 5:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:34 PM

ok i downloaded the free T.M.N.T. with the 4 charaters and i cant get them to show up in my P4 Library. I have them in but theres a charater there and doesnt have a picture of them. did i do anything wrong when i downloaded the program? please and thanks. -Soil-

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 7:19 PM

Can you describe what's happening a bit more? Are you seeing the characters appear wherever you've put them in your figure library but without a preview picture (& if so, have you tried selecting the figure, sans picture, and loading it anyway, and what happens if you do?)? I don't have this file so I can't check, but most freebies come with a Read Me file, which will usually tell you where everything needs to go. Did you check that? Let us know how you get on!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 7:44 PM

Sounds like missing RSR's, might be PNG' instead. The don't work in basic Poser. If you click on the the Icon and the figure shows up in you screen, you will have to convert the PNG or make your own RSR's. Other than that I can't say without more info. Tashar 59

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 7:44 PM

well i am seeing no characters but i have a guy giving my a i dont know pose. and when i click on it says that it cant find the file. here is the read me txt.

NINJA TURTLES - Copyright 2001 REMC

By REMC.
rem.c@caramail.com

Content:

• 4 Ninja Turtles
  • 8 poses

Installation :
Follow the folder path in winzip.

Restrictions :
The content and parts of this package may not be redistributed or resell.
Commercial use is forbidden.

Don't forget to visit my new website for many other characters.

REMC
http://www.thirdeyefunction.fr.st

it doesnt tell me where to put it at but all i know from before is that you put it in the Poser Library. well what i can tell you is that im new at this but im getting better at it but i never put anything onto the Poser Library before.

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 7:46 PM

how do i convert it in a PSP. i dont have no photo program besides MSPaint. maybe thats why it does work perhaps.

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:02 PM

OK, a number of things might be happening. Can you tell us which file it says it can't find? If it won't load the figure at all, I suspect that it is the .obj file that it can't find. Poser files are very particular in where they want their .obj files: they have to be right where the .cr2 file expects to find them, or they just don't work. I'm on a Mac, so I'm not sure what to tell you about 'follow the folder path in Winzip', but if you open the .cr2 in a text editor, you can find out just where it expects its .obj file to be. I think you can use Notepad for this. Right at the begnning of the file, you should see some text like this (this is taken from the P4 nude man's .cr2): figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:P4NudeMan:blNudeMan_Gen.obj That's the path to the .obj file the .cr2 wants to load the figure. Have a look in the TMNT figure's .cr2's and make sure their .obj files are where they ought to be-- if they're not, you can just create the right directory in the right place and put them there. Be sure to give it the EXACT same name! If it's an RSR problem, try installing the figures without the RSRs (or PNGs). Be sure to delete the old ones. Poser should create new ones based on the data uin the .cr2. Sometimes corrupt RSR files play havoc for people. I hope this helps!

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:07 PM

ok the file it cant find is Warning: Cannot open Runtime/libraries/character/people/donatelo.cr2 ok i will have to try that.

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:17 PM

the file path is Characters: RuntimeLibrariescharacterninjaturtles Poses: RuntimeLibrariesPosesninjaturtles Read Me Text: Runtime those are the file path from winzip.

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:19 PM

Hmm. Weird. It can't open the .cr2? weird... I'll have a look for the file, shall I?

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:21 PM

ok(if you want to), because i will want to play with it but it wont work. im supposed to extract it to the files or unzip it to the libraries file? i went into Free Stuff and i typed in Turtles and that popped up.

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:23 PM

i think i know why it isnt working because it was librairies instead of libraries its that why it might be screwing up?

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:45 PM

Yes, I thought that might be it. Poser likes everything spelled correctly. I've just installed the turtles and they work fine for me after MacConvert. I've only just restarted in OSX (oh, it will be so nice when Poser is OSX compatible!) and was about to have a look at the .cr2's but you've one it already. It did ask me for a file-- it was blHipNoGen.obj, but the file loaded anyway (I think that's a file that comes with Poser; I might have deleted it). There were no .obj files in the download at all-- does it work when you rename the folder right?

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:49 PM

rename what folder? my librairies to libraries?

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:52 PM

Yes-- or just copy the 'Ninja Turtles' folder (it should be in the 'librairies' folder) into the Character folder in your Libraries folder and restart Poser. That should work. I hope!

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:56 PM

i think i shouldnt have the poses in with the characters file right?

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:56 PM

it doesnt work at all

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 9:06 PM

Oh dear... OK, I haven't looked to see where the Poses are. I used MacInstaller, and it created a 'librairies' folder, with the 'ninja turtles' folder in that. I moved the 'ninja turtles' folder into my 'character' folder, and they did load. So, I have this: runtime/libraries/character/ninja turtles/(donatelo.cr2, leonardo.cr2, micaelangelo.cr2, and raphaelo.cr2 are all in here) Note: it's a space, not an underscore, in the name 'ninja turltles'; I think the case might matter too The Poses aren't in my Pose section; I don't know where they've gone. Perhaps try making a path identical to mine while I look for the poses?

soil ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 9:09 PM

well i forgot about the space but its in there but i still hasnt worked.

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 9:17 PM

Gracious me. I'm baffled. If you've got the path right, I don't understand what should be going wrongly for you. The 'ninja turtles' folder is in your 'character' folder, right? Maybe you could try opening one of the .cr2 files from within Poser-- does that work?

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 9:41 PM

I'm sorry, I've got to go to sleep-- it's twenty of four here, but I'll check back in the morning. Let us know how you get on. Good luck to you!

Stormrage ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 10:35 PM

first of all.. name YOUR libraries to Libraries and don't change it Second Move the folders from the one where the ninja turtles are to the LIBRARIES/CHARACTER/Whatever folder you want here THEN load the characters. put the poses in the pose libary. Let me know if this helps if not.. please post a screen shot of your problems

Stormrage ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 10:39 PM

oops.. "first of all.. name YOUR libraries to Libraries and don't change it" was supposed to be.. Don't change your Libraries folder to anything Or poser can't find it. If you HAVE renamed it RENAME YOUR Libaries to Libaries and Don't change it"

Bladesmith ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 1:23 PM

It might be a good idea in the future to extract the files into a temparary folder, then cut and paste to your poser directory...this has saved me a good deal of headache. Do not change the names of any poser directory. That could be bad... Sounds to me like a bad cr2, but I could be wrong.

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 1:58 PM

Cannot open Runtime/libraries/character/people/donatelo.cr2 this sounds like when you unzipped the file you unzipped it maybe to the path say like you unzipped it to the characters folder and it left the path in there. something like Runtime/libraries/character/runtime/libraries/people/donatelo.cr2 check your character folder and make sure you don;t have subfolder under the other subfolders. In poser 4 you can only have 1 level of folders under each main folder.

soil ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 2:02 PM

maybe thats why i was screwing up alot with the models. i will try it when i get home from school and football practice!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.