Wed, Sep 25, 1:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:25 pm)

Subject: Coming soon to Free Stuff -- maybe

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:25 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 1:36 AM

file_29439.jpg

Sorry about the image size. It's somewhat challenging to squeeze everyone in and still make out any details. I could have stacked them in rows, but whoever didn't end up in front would raise a stink about me playing favourites, and with a skunkette in the group, it's better to be safe than sprayed.

But I digress ....

I've used a low-resolution variant of this Poser figure for almost a year now. In fact, her first appearance (as Eric Schwartz's Sabrina) was in Ironbear's Halloween thread last year at the Virtual Tavern. After a fellow member asked for a generic version of the figure, I spent a couple of weeks retooling her.

Furrette now has a higher-resolution mesh (although still lower-res than Posette), over fifty morphs, a fully poseable tail, seven texture sets (cheetah, lioness, rabbit, skunkette, squirrel, tigress, and vixen), additional tail props, and a few accessories, along with two dozen MAT/MOR/VIS files. She works reasonably well with Posette poses, and can even wear some of the standard P4 clothes.

She isn't perfect by any means, but she's as good as my current modeling, character creation, and UV-mapping skills can make her. If enough people show interest, I'll make her available as a Halloween treat. No tricks.

ablc ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:27 AM

is there they "boy" counterpart availible ? It will be nice too ! Thanks LAurent

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:27 AM

Wow! I'm definately interested!

Turtle ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:31 AM

The Fox is the cutiest one-Love her and the picture loaded very fast. I like the way you lay this out. I like your picture posts, very creative and you have a good sense of humor. Leah

Love is Grandchildren.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:35 AM

I haven't created a male version of Furrette, although she does have flat-chested and eyelash-length morphs. I intend to add a few more features before deadline, so perhaps I'll try a hip morph also.

For Turtle:

Fox Walking (MPEG format, 1.29MB)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 9:28 AM

file_29440.jpg

More examples of characters.

Message917656.jpg

For some strange reason, I think the squirrel resembles David Spade.

Message917214.jpg

Sleeping kitty.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 9:33 AM

Message917324.jpg

Grumpy kitty who didn't finish her beauty nap. Or perhaps she's just fuming because someone swiped her wig while she was napping.

Message921583.jpg

One of my early water-reflection tests in Poser 5.

Message924699.jpg

Laurie didn't enjoy this photo shoot.

"I could be standing right there, on the shore, perfectly dry," she said, "and you'd still be able to see my reflection in the water!"

Message924968.jpg

"No, stay perfectly still. I'm going to try adding an Atmosphere effect next. Shouldn't take more than five or six hours to render."

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 9:36 AM

do you even have to ask LD? these figures aare brilliant, Hell yeah I want em.

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 9:39 AM

These are sooooo awsome! I was hoping they haden't disapeared into the mist;D Perfect compliment to Lemurtek's gang too! Poser gonna be coughing up furballs now!

lundon_Don ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 9:45 AM

I'll second what wdupre just said. The sooner the better.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 9:59 AM

I like it! I love it! I really really want them :) Please please please! And Thank you :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

dragongirl ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:24 AM

These folks are adorable!! :-)

lordbyron ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:29 AM

I'd use them. --lb

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.mzzkiti.com

See, L D, I told you people would like them! I foresee A whole new series of renders. You know, they'd be a real hoot within the "Render Wars" forum. Hmm, I wonder if I should join the "act" by releasing own furry fem'? I'd base her loosely upon Lt. Mzzkiti, the title character from my online strip. I might follow up this thought within the "Modeling" and "Character Creators" forums. I have some questions about the strengths and weaknesses of various modeling tools, not the programs, just the tools within the programs.

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:39 AM

This is amazing - oh yeah LD, I'm looking forward to this!! :] Fish

Niteraven ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:04 AM

These are EXCELLENT!! well done. As mentioned, these will go great with Lemur's characters, not to mention several others as well. 2 thumbs up to you L.D. And yes Redfern you should release your stuff too, it's nice to see some new unique characters for a change. Kev

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:09 AM

I'm a Schwartz fan from way back, so I love these. Great work.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:14 AM

I am very interested they look great. Wonderful work on them. Wow. :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:14 AM

Thank you all. I'll have her posted by Halloween Day, at the latest, with additional add-ons to be released later.

Fans of alternative comics might want to visit the Character Creators forum. _dodger has a sneak preview of an upcoming freebie: Cerebus the Aardvark.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:20 AM

Thank you!

Tirjasdyn

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:24 AM

She thought nobody would like them!!????!!!??!
We LOVE'EM!!!!!!!!!
Loved them since the first post on these little cuties months ago!!!!!

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:48 AM

This model is fantastic! :)

Charles

quixote ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:57 AM

What a wonderful menagerie, LD. Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 12:09 PM

lol do we get laurie's attitude too? hah.. very cool character indeed. Kinda torn betwen the rabbit and the fox as the best ones... very nicely done :) BT

a_super_hero ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 1:24 PM

OH... this definatly looks good.

Lemurtek ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 2:48 PM

Outstanding work, LD, she's got great style and charm, not to mention versatility! Regards- Lemurtek

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 5:36 PM

Ooh ooh, please please PLEASE! She's so CUTE!

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 6:48 PM

Wow! Awesome Character Design Work!

Lemurtek ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 6:49 PM

Oh, almost forgot, Bill, I agree, you should release your furry as well, the more the merrier! Regards- Lemurtek

d_authority ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 3:21 AM

oh this is good! i hope it does end up as a freebie!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 4:36 AM

She will. I could post her right now, actually, but I want to provide a full set of MOR poses, add a couple more morphs, and paint an eighth texture. She'll be available either late tomorrow or early Halloween Day.

My current distribution plan is to have the figure, props, and utility poses in one package, and divide the character textures/MATs/MORs into four separate packages of two characters each. This should make things easier for people with dial-up, because the entire thing would be almost 10MB.

For all you early adopters, you might be interested to hear that I've tested Furrette in Poser 5, and she works fine. I'd recommend getting the latest Service Release beta, which fixes the transparency falloff bug (Furrette has transmappable lashes and whiskers). The crosstalk fix is particularly helpful with the tail and other full-body morphs. Furrette's cartoon eyes aren't poseable, but with P5's Material Room you can shift the eyeball textures horizontally and vertically using the UV_offset values; they can even be animated.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 5:05 AM

Oooo...Yes Please...us furry lovers will most DEFINATELY be interested !

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 6:56 AM

how very cool! :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Sundance ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 9:19 AM

Wow! These look so cool! I cant wait!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 6:31 AM

It took longer than expected to create the additional MAT/MOR poses and bundle everything for distribution. Partway through the process, my computer decided that it didn't like WinZip. But after a reboot and some quiet time, it's feeling much better now. I've added an eighth bonus character to the collection; you can see a preview image of it here. Anyway, Furrette is posted in Free Stuff now, so let's see if we can crash Penguinisto's server as a holiday prank, eh? I've divided everything up into the basic files and four separate character packs (two characters each), so dial-up victims can download Furrette and Co. in smaller, easily-digested chunks if necessary. Happy Halloween, everyone. Link to Free Stuff

Jimdoria ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 7:57 AM

These look great! Already downloaded them all. I'm sorry I missed the original Ironbear thread. Is it still posted? Link?

And Redfern of Mzzkiti is here too? Wow. What next, Eric Schwartz?

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

Steel2Wolf ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 8:02 AM

These are superbly superb :) At times like these I'm glad I don't read the forums regularly because I would never have lasted until now to get them :) I surely hope you will decide to do the boys to go with them (canines?) as that would make the set complete :) Steel

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 8:45 AM

I'm sorry I missed the original Ironbear thread. Is it still posted? Link?

Ironbear's Radio Free Halloween 2001

I'll create wolf, coyote, and other canine characters in the near future. I might try some muscle morphs to make the figure more masculine, also. And I think I'll do some reindeer characters for Christmas (Wynter's antler freebies would look great on Furrette).

Steel2Wolf ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 8:53 AM

Just one more question before my poor little mind disappears in another frenzy of the pics I am going to make with these :) What hair did you use in your pics? so I can use it too :) Or to phrase it a different way, what hair for a hare? :) No respectable teenage girl goes out without her hair. I'm going to have to put my Babies with Attitude on the backburner, I just GOTTA use these lovely ladies in SOMETHING :) Steel

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 9:52 AM

In all of my Furrette renders to date, I've used the standard Poser 4 "plastic" hairstyles (which look surprisingly good on cartoon characters), along with Kozaburo's transmapped Kyoko hair, Alice hair, and PonyTail (available at Digital Babes.

Some rescaling and repositioning of the hair props is necessary, but it doesn't usually take much effort. You should be able to use almost any hairstyle with Furrette, with a little work.

Jimdoria ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 10:48 AM

file_29441.jpg

Well, if you're going to continue tweaking the mesh, may I suggest a "big toes" morph? It'd be a simple way to get a more "cartoony" look for certain characters, and it shouldn't be too tough to implemement.

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 12:03 PM

"Hello, Clarisse."

The feet really don't have enough polys to pull it off (I tried making rabbit feet earlier), but I'll keep your suggestion in mind for the next major version of the figure, which I'll release next year.

Other improvements in mind for Furrette v2.0:

Poseable ears and eyes
Better hands and eyelids
A tongue
A fully-modeled torso

loafys ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 12:18 PM

Hey LD, I told you everyone would like it. Thanks a bunch for doing this. If you'd like, you can post the buster and babs renders I sent you, to show everyone the versatility of this character.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2002 at 1:41 PM

Great, Great work...Love 'em. May I humbly suggest a possibility if you're contemplating additions ? An anthro equine ? My Furry Char's are horse and donkey ...and I'd love to to be able to portray them...my newbie Poser skills aren't up to the task yet.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2002 at 2:25 PM

I'll think about equines. I won't guarantee that I can create such a face morph with the current mesh, but I'll think about it. I'm fairly certain I could manage the hooves and tail. I wouldn't mind giving it a try, if only to create fan art for Flinthoof.

Speaking of anthro equines ....

Lemurtek has a pair of zebra-folk among his freebies over at 3-D Arena. They're based on the P4 Male and Posette meshes, and have hooves, tails, and digitigrade legs. The heads are mostly human, unfortunately, but maybe you could replace those with the P4 horse's head. The Poser 4 manual describes the process, using a bull's head to create a minotaur as an example.

You might also want to pay a visit to Vista Internet Products. Debra Ross has an anthro unicorn mare, Rhianna, in her store.

Dmage ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2002 at 7:52 PM

Hey LD take a look at this!
Gallery Pic
I did very little in the way of getting the clothing to fit. The hair is the conforming curls from Poser 4. Great figure and very posable. Thanks!

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2002 at 1:21 AM

L.D, This is Faaan-tastic. I think you did crash Penguinisto's server, however. I went back for the packs 2-4 and the pictures were x'd out. Wasn't it "Wella hello, Clarisse" ? keep up the good work! You are a credit to your species and to the poser community ! chees, - TJ

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2002 at 1:21 AM

thats cheers not chees

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2002 at 11:53 AM

I saw your pic earlier, DMage. She looks great in that outfit!

lhiannan and danidh have done some renders, also. Furrette is just incredible with postworked fur.

I was being facetious about the server-crash remark; I certainly don't want to cause any problems, especially since Penguinisto hosts files for several other Poser artists.

But I'm simply amazed at the number of downloads in such a short period of time. When you add everything up, that's roughly 7GB in only two days.

mavis_d6 ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2002 at 4:26 PM

I didn't think anyone would get around to doing a furre poser model. It's pretty good. But why do they all wear t-shirts? Anyway, keep up the good work. ^_^

Redfern ( ) posted Sat, 02 November 2002 at 4:45 PM

The T-shirt is part of the torso geometry. It can't be removed. Furrette is based upon a low polygon figure made for a video game. Obviously in the first person shooter, she would not haved stripped so there was no need to make the shirt as a separate object. Little Dragon raised the face count and tweaked the mesh for public distribution. LD stated that if he ever does a second version, it would possess a true torso as well as other enhancements. See entry # 44 for details.

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.