Fri, Sep 20, 9:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: I demand some Quality Control in the RMP

MadYuri ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2002 at 4:23 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:30 AM

Regulary I have problems with items purchsed at the Renderosity MP. (See this thread in the Store Contact Forum)

At any other Poser store I get working products for my money, if the Renderosity MP is not up to par then I will not buy here again! There is enough quality stuff at other sites to feed my Poser addiction.

So there is my daily Communiy Idea: Renderosity really needs some basic guidelines for products and store testers who do actually test the items and assist the vendors if there are problems.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2002 at 11:44 AM

Hi MadYuri, Thans for the E-Mail you sent in.

We do have guidelines available:
Selling Products
Product Submission Guidelines
MAC Compatibilty FAQ
Creating Poser based Product Files (ZIP) Tutorial

FYI,
Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

MadYuri ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2002 at 12:39 PM

Well those guidelines don't cover the problems in the post from the Store Contact Forum. Maybe it is time to revise them.

trogboy ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 2:47 PM

When I first saw the headnote I laughed and thought who is this person "Demanding" from renderosity. but reading it I totally agree with this person. if renderosity is gonna be a store front it has to talk to its venders of their products. MadYuri you should get what you pay for.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 7:05 AM

I agree with Yuri. In my mind, Renderosity is the flea market of the Poser world. There's some good stuff here, but it requires wading through a lot of junk to get to. About the only things I buy here now are the exclusives, because at other markets I can get it with less digging, sometimes cheaper (due to better broker/store percentage split), and the other stores usually have a direct return policy rather than having to work with a directly with a vendor who may or may not give a rat's hinder.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 7:09 AM

FYI - If you work with one of the broker merchants here on a technical issue and do not get resolution we will make sure that you are taken care of. That has never been an issue here. Renderosity is also an "Open" market which means we dont exclude anyone from selling. Products must meat our guidelines and function properly. Many other sites will only accept specific products from specific artists. This places Renderosity in a very unique area that allows buding artists to work on their craft. Clint MarketPlace Manager

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 7:22 AM

Clint, I was just wondering -- and this really is just a question. What's the reasoning behind vendors having to approve feedback before it goes up? I understand not wanting someone to go trolling, but this way pretty much assures only glowing reviews will be posted, and that seems to defeat the purpose of "feedback". If we see one good review, that doesn't mean there aren't 20 well-phrased and logical but negative reviews that weren't posted.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 8:04 AM

Great question. You are 100% correct on the answer. It prevents trolling. I get E-Mails of all feedback that has been left and I monitor these E-Mails. If I see negative feedback for a product I will look into the product to see what the problem might be. If a problem is found I will have the product removed from the store, Have the merchant fix the problem and then make sure that the previous customers get a copy of the newly updated product file. Good question! Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Slynky ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 8:50 AM

"There is enough quality stuff at other sites to feed my Poser addiction." so go elsewhere.

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 4:21 PM

so go elsewhere. I do that. I got the 'Spring of 76' stuff over at PP and even saved some money. ;P

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 4:44 PM

We have quality controls in place and reject many products every day. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 4:55 PM

Gads, I've downloaded quite a bit of stuff from the Renderosity marketplace from a variety of vendors without any problems at all. I'd think if you download something and it doesn't work for some reason, then you deal with that specific vendor....it is certainly not true that all items in the Marketplace are of poor quality (just the opposite from my point of view). The only problem I have had (and this is on my side) is that sometimes I get an incomplete download (the connection quits in the middle of the download) and I have to download a second time. I've dealt with over 20 vendors and haven't had any bad experiences. Have I just been lucky??? Of course I generally buy from someone who seems to have a good reputation for quality items. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Guess I'll appreciate the people I've worked with more in the future.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:09 PM

I understand what you mean...I just haven't had any complaints over the quality of the items I happened to buy. I haven't bought everything from everyone...I just have been happy with what I have purchased. That's all. Observation only of personal experience in a survey of one. As I say, I tend to buy only when someone else has recommended something so maybe I am avoiding the poor quality stuff by default. Or I'm just lucky (which would be a first).

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:19 PM

FaerieGurl, I havent had any contact with you on this product. If you would be so kind as to E-Mail me the product name, Merchant name and describe the problem you are having I will make sure it is looked into right away. I'm very suprised that it made it through the testing phase since we do have very high testing standards. There have been many time where we have failed products and have had the merchant come back saying that X brokered site didnt fail the product. So - Our standards are higher than others. I will watch for your informational E-Mail. Thanks inadvance. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:26 PM

clinth@renderosity.com

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:28 PM

FaerieGurl, Where did you get the name 3DC? I didnt meantion any site names. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:30 PM

I should probably start a new string with the feedback issue, since it's going out on a tangent, but I don't want to just put it up out of context. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being beligerent about it. I just think perhaps there's a better way to do the feedback. You see, I first found out that vendors approved feedback when I left what I tried hard to write as a neutral review on a product I thought was good but slightly disappointed in. (Yes, Fyre-chan didn't read the instructions on the feedback page carefully enough, or she would have realized then.) I tried very hard to list both the good points and things that I would have liked to be aware of before buying. Well, of course, the comment never appeared on the page. I certainly don't blame the individual merchants. It'd be suicide to allow the negative comments as well when no one else does; it would artifically make your own products look bad. But realizing that the vendors approve all comments makes me much more suspicious of the feedback when I buy. Now when I buy, if I'm on the fence, positive feedback isn't enough to encourage me. It needs to be either a lot of it, or feedback from people I respect in the community. And if there is no feedback, I don't assume it was just that everyone that bought it was neutral about it; maybe there was quite a bit of bad feedback that was never posted. Perhaps it would be better if a neutral third party decided if something was trolling or sincere criticism, although in all fairness I don't know that anyone would really be neutral. Maybe just acknowledging the issue and renaming it "Praise" or "Accolades"(sp?) or a similar synonym. Coming back around to the core topic, I guess maybe what many people are concerned about is a percieved lack of buyer protection overall, not necessarily one key issue. I mean: 1) No quality judgements 2) Postwork allowed on images. (I didn't think it was, but apparently it is?) 3) Vendor approval of feedback. 4) Direct dealing with vendors rather than Renderosity in the case of problems. (Clint, I'm sorry, I did not realize you could go to Renderosity in the case of technical problems. But, there is still the "this isn't as nice as I thought it would be" factor that can become an issue.) Individually, none of these is a problem; some of them can even be considered assets alone. But together they can add up to an atmosphere of "caveat emptor" that can make customers uncomfortable, or even alarm them into shopping at a competitor instead. I hope I phrased this all right. I meant it to be suggestions on the cause of the problem and maybe solutions, not just griping.

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 9:31 AM

{{{{ ClintH: Many other sites will only accept specific products from specific artists.}}}}} Only ONE site like that Clint, RuntimeDNA, Renderosity's Partner. All other brokerages out there will accept products from anyone. I cannot speak for other site's quality testing, but on PoserPros we do not care who made the product, only that it works according to our quality standards and can pass extensive stress testing.

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 8:41 PM

if my store hasnt been emptied like i asked it to be, it doesnt matter, the only product i ever had sold 6 copies, and the proceeds were donated to a non-existent charity. so yeah, if people are gonna whine and bitch that renderosity MP sucks and they're gonna go elsewhere, then they should.

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 8:43 PM

oh and... "but Clint please don't act like this is the first time you've heard me say this..." what makes ya think the umpteenth time will make a difference? heh heh

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 9:03 AM

The merchant E-Mailed FaerieGurl how to properly use the product she was talking about. There wasnt a problem with the product. FYI, Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 3:05 PM

Ok - I was told by the merchant that he contacted you about this.... "On the [Head] part of the hair figure there is a morph target called "PartingUp" that pulls the parting up (good name huh :-)) for those extreme poses that have this problem. I have included a render of the different options. I've also ammended the product description to include a link to download my generic skull cap. Could I have the name of the customer so I can contact them directly and ensure that they get sorted out?" I assumed he contacted you. You might try contacting the merchant if you need support. Looks like an end user problem to the best that I can tell. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 3:09 PM

BTW - I have asked the merchant to take a look at this thread. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 3:28 PM

No I didnt try it. I was shown a render from the merchant that showed the with and without the morph and it looked good to me. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 3:37 PM

"Did it ever occur to you that maybe the merchant touched up the hair in the render that was supposed to be with the morph?" No "Would you like me to send you a another picture of the gap with the morph applied?" No thanks. The merchant will work with you. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 4:05 PM

Well, at least now you can buy this defective product with Content Parasite Paradise too.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 4:43 PM

Clint; You may want to have a third party test this thing. Personally, I'd like to know what product this is, myself. /P

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 1:44 AM

For those wondering, the product is mine. It is the La Sombra hair. Before I help with the problem FaerieGurl, some points from my side: 1. You have never contacted me in an manner regarding this problem. From this thread I gather you didn't contact the Store about it until fairly recently too. 2. I include my direct contact details for you to contact me with any suggestions or problems in every product. I find it rather immature that you resort to trashing Renderosity,etc. in a public thread when myself and Clint are more than happy to help you out. 3. If the quality of this product is so bad, how come I have had 183 sales on it, and you are the only one to have had any gripe. It is obviously not as bad as you seem to like to make it out to be. 4. I do not use post work on any of my promo images - that would be a form of lying. The images are straight Poser 4 renders with text, etc. added in Photoshop. 5. I did sent an email off to you. I got your email address off your site (www.faerieguild.net). I can resend the email if you would like. Now - onto the problem. I used the morph target mentioned to Clint in all of my renders of the hair - I didn't set it to 1, but rather use about 0.6. If the morph doesn't help with the particular character you are using the hair on, I would suggest that you download my free Generic Skull Cap here. This smart prop cap sits right under the hair line and gives just the base color to remove any see thru part in the hair model. I am more than happy to help out any of my customers with any problems they encounter, however I don't have the time to search through every forum to see if anyone has a problem with one of my products. In future I would request that you contact the store or myself privately instead of trying to create a mud-slinging match in a public forum. Best Regards, Steve

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 5:07 AM

I have now spoken to FaerieGurl and an update has been made to the package. Anyone who had bought "La Sombra Character Pack" or "La Sombra Hair" can contact me privately (darkwhisper@3duniverse.co.za) to get the download link. regards, Steve

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 7:12 AM

Thanks for taking the time to respond Steve. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.