Fri, Sep 20, 10:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: 12 Step Program?

Mosca ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 4:46 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

How to esxape the evil clutches Poser addiction? This thing is taking up way to much of my time/brain/income--got a major project deadline looming and humungous Visa bills. Is there a patch? Special gum? A support group, maybe? Hi, my name's Mosca...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:08 PM

LOL.....I shouldn't laugh....cause......Hi, My name is Sharen....(lol)

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:09 PM

Nope, no cure. Just live with it, I have been for almost 4 years now. Hi my name is Eric and I am powerless over poser...

lordbyron ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:15 PM

Hi, my name is lordbyron, and I've been Poser-free for about 12 secs. --lb

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:16 PM

Step 1:
Take out your wallet, then remove the cash and credit cards. Say goodbye to them.

Step 5:
There is no shame in experiencing withdrawal symptoms for a product that isn't out yet (Vicky 3, etc.).

Step 6:
Do not panic; the bright light outside your window is something we call "sunrise."

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:18 PM

ROFLMAO! Thanks for step 6... I was wondering what the hell that was. For awhile I thought my head-up monitor glasses were going, or maybe my gold plated poser-neural link.... whew

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:19 PM

Poser's nothin'! :) Wait till you step up to Cinema 4D, LightWave, Bryce, Maya, Rhino, 3DS Max, and so on. No more wrapping paper and inhaling... it's direct infusion with a needle!! ;) BeatYourSoul PS: You know how hard it is to work on 3D graphics while living in a cardboard box.

RawArt ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:24 PM

.....and I even had a dream last night where I was looking at something and (in the dream) I thought it would make a great texture for poser...geez

creativechaos ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:25 PM

Hi, my name is Kymm and I'm an addict...I just can't get...enough giggles nervously Not just to Poser, but as BeatYourSoul inplied, Rhino as well.. Talk about double pulls...when I'm in Poser I'm thinking Hrmmmm "this" would look nice - Open Rhino start playing "Man...this would look good in that Poser piece I was working on last week" back to Poser... Yea...give in now Mosca...you will never beat the addiction ;)

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

Mosca ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:25 PM

Bryce is a step up? Okay, nevermind--that's another thread.

joffry ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 5:32 PM

Hi, my name is Joffry, and I am an addict, I just finished a 6,000 mile road tour ny to AZ.. Did you know that in the truck stops they now have internet accerss, $5 for 30 minutes. So I could drool over what was for sale. How about phoning DAZ to get in on the Platinum Club cauze THEY SAID (still annoyed about that one) it was ending on 23rd and I wasn't returning till after. Do you know what it's like going up and down mountains, losing signals and on hold to Utah?

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 6:33 PM

Hello, my name is xoconostle, which is virtually unpronouncable Nahua/Aztec for "tuna," which is Mexican Spanish for "the fruit of genus Cacticae species Opuntia" commonly known as "Prickly Pear Cactus," which is tasty and rich in Vitamin C (but don't eat too many all at once) and I am a Poser-holic. Step 7: There is a Higher Power and its name is Poser. God(s)/ess/esses grant me the power to accept that which I cannot resist. I'd make up the second step, but I just got a cool render idea, so I'll see 'yaz laterz, PosaGatorz ... If there is a cure, I do not request it.

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 7:09 PM

I was on a 2 month road trip, got to the Grand Tetons National Park at sunset, and as I watched the snow-capped peaks turning orangey-pinky-gold, I flashed on a nude Vicki in that weird Poser3-4 skintone............ And as if that wasn't inappropriate enough, I looked at Mt. Moran and found myself reaching for the mouse to click on "erode" in Bryce..... There is no hope for me........(Except maybe for a Direct Neural Interface in the Very Near Future!)

Rhiannon ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 7:19 PM

Yes, my name is Rhi, and I am a Poser whore, yes I am. :-) My rationalizations: 1.) It's just a fair exchange in the Universe, right? If I didn't exchange my money for Poser stuff, I'd just go buy some junk food. 2.) Investing in folks who create the coolest stuff for Poser is much more profitable, than investing in the stock market, right? :-) 3.) I can always think about it tomorrow.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 7:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.posertrax.com

I wanna sit in the circle too! :D Hi, my name is Donnie and I've been addicted since 1.0. I used to like sushi and walks in the park, but now prefer pizza and the walk designer. Patricia, when you find the DNI, let us know so we can invest... ;)

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 8:20 PM

Hi, my name is Melanie, and I have what would be referred to as a "dual diagnosis." I'm addicted to Poser and Bryce. It's an incurable disease. I think it's why people think I have a glazed look in my eyes when I'm not home with Poser open on my monitor. Melanie

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 9:21 PM

I experienced a temporary cure, when job loss and relocation left me unable to use the computer for several weeks. Like a true addict, I relapsed as soon as Poser was available to me again....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

amp-three ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 9:22 PM

Hi my name is amp, and I've been frustrated since day one. :) The first, and in my experience, the only step, is to look at the works of some of the most talented people here. Then, think you can be just as good as them overnight, take on 10x more than you can chew, get frustrated, and uninstall the damn thing. a3-ro2.gif

bknoh ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 9:34 PM

My name is Diane and I too have the dreaded dual addiction of Poser/Bryce. The only good thing is that I seldom buy things for Bryce. Unfortunately, I think that almost every seller here would say, "Oh, ya, her...she bought from me!" Bet I have the worst vacation story. Picture the most beautiful cruise ship..the Millennium...blue water...Caribbean...11 of my dearest friends...sun...fun...free drinks...AND me in the Online Lounge checking out what is new in the MarketPlace and at DAZ. So sad, so sick. I will bring the donuts for the first meeting and we can use this nice big coffee pot I found at this 3d freebie site OPPS!

Butch ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 9:55 PM

I'm not addicted. I can quit at anytime, anytime at all. I just don't want to...

amp-three ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 10:01 PM

"It's not a habit, it's cool, I feel alive,
If you don't have it you're on the other side,
I'm not an addict, baby, that's a lie...
"

;)

a3-ro2.gif

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 10:01 PM

I feel sorry for you all. You all have a problem. Me? Oh I'm fine, I can stop any time I want. Done it dozens of times. I just render to keep my mind off things. Its only a hobby. OK so staying up until 3:00 AM each day my seem a little extreme, but it snot my fault, its that darn buggy Firefly renderer. And Daz, don't get me stared on them. Is it my fault they make all this GREAT stuff I NEED to have for my projects?? So what If i've finished them, its the work tha counst right? Its ART! All I need to do is finish this one last project and its quits. Its not as if I am drowned in the fires of hell and struggling for a my life....Hey that gives me an idea for a new project... Maybe a gallery on teh theme... I think DAz has a cyclorama for that.. Or maybe a graphic novel... ok... ok I think I need help.

lordbyron ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 10:15 PM

Come on, Butch. Every self-help guru would admit that you are still in stage 1: denial. Let us help you. Repeat after me. Hi, my name is _______, and I am a Poser addict. I spend hours and hours (and insert local currency ) posing and re-posing Mike, Vicki, Posette, Don and Judy. I download anything that I can use (either actually, or just in my sick little mind)to clothe, house, or otherwise outfit these digital models, often to the detriment of myself, my family and friends, my community, my nation and my world. I talk more readily with people in far away lands about the do & don'ts of .CR2 files and Firefly renders than I do my local school boards or representatives about issues of community concern. My name is ________, and I am a Poser addict.

Mosca ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 10:27 PM

Thank God--I thought it was just me....

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 10:33 PM

Hi, my name is Heike, and I was Poser-free once... thank heaven it only lasted a very short while (until I got a new Puter...).

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

queri ( ) posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 11:33 PM

Hi, my name is Emily and I was thinking of getting a subscription to Vogue today so I could use the poses. And also to use as a guide for painting hair. I already got a subscription to GQ for the same reason. Every morning-- yes, every morning-- I wake up and have to tell myself that the new texture I'm dying to use was just in the dream, dammit! And I really wanted to use those metallic soap bubbles. For one thing,you could also wear them-- don't ask. . How could I ever give it up? What would I do with all these shoes? I can't wear them! Not to mention all these damned swords. The armor doesn't seem to take up much space, well, you can hang a lot of thongs on one hanger. Makes a nice wind chime.

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 12:12 AM

nods in agreement to all that has been said at this little meeting What's worse, I've infected my family with the disease as well. My brother was so worried about getting into the DAZ PC club I told him I'd front him the money so he wouldn't miss out. He now has the PC club and we're all happy. Unfortunately now his wife and brother-in-law are infected with the disease as well. They go around and ask each other which Vicki looks better and run to me when Posettes head goes funky or when mike's peepee gets in the way of his jeans. As for me - I'm doing ok. I've only spent a few dollars today much to the grunting of my credit card (Honestly, only the furniture at DAZ today) Although when cleaning out my runtime folders I realized that my Mil folk have a larger wardrobe than I personally do and Vicki has more shoes than gulp I do!! (That's something that will be rectified when I pay my credit card bills off for buying her the shoes in the first place) PIRKS Uhoh - I have to go now, Stephanie's calling me from the cold depths of Photoshop now...she's asking to have something put under her so she stops falling into the eternal void that is the background currently. Must go make the little wench happy so she'll pose for me again in the future. Good luck on your addictions everyone. It's...well it's going to be hard to break them. ;)

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

StormyGal ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 12:45 AM

Hi my name is StormyGal and I'm an addict! takes a big breath it all started with Paintshop Pro, it was good, then it wasn't enough...I needed MORE. I found Poser!! Ohhh that took care of the shakes for a while, then I needed more AGAIN..I found Vue! AND the plat membership at Daz's! I think I'm overcoming my addiction tho :) Well my render supper is done! Need to go now. slips quietly out the door

dutch27 ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 1:18 AM

Hi Im Dutchmen...but you can call me dutch. I'm an addict like my sister serpentis said. I was at ends with myself not haveing the money for the PC club. But with the help of my sister my fever and loss of hunger soon went back to normal. I was gone for a couple of day and i got the shakes so i went to a public computer to look at my gallery and then i talked to them. I told them i would be home soon i promised. After a couple days i calmed the fevers and loss of hunger. I still shake some but its getting less and less evryday. Well the photoshop is calling me...err i mean the wife is calling me. I'll see you all in the gallerys.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 7:56 AM

Hello, I'm TrekkieGrrrl and I'm a Posaholic. I had a husband but he kept complaining that he always saw only the back of me, so I deleted him. I had 2 kids, but after I deleted hubby, the social services took care of them. I think.... wait... ah never mind. I had a job, but they changed their policies so I could no longer install Poser myself and have fun instead of looking at boring envoices, so I deleted it. I started with Bryce and had a mild addiction to it, but ooooh.. when I discovered Poser I was instantly HOOKED, I think they outta put a warning on the box just as they do on cigarettes. Only Poser is FAR more dangerous.... ARGH I'm at work. So all I can do is drool at R'osity. And wait to get home to my Poser....

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

JohnRender ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 8:33 AM

Step 1: Post a message like this every few months. Step 2: Also every few months, post a message about how large your Runtime folder is. This will impress everyone else and show how obsessive you are. Step 3: Post at least 3 pictures of the latest freebie from DAZ, preferrably at the same time that every one else does. That way, the "Poser Gallery" becomes the "Advertising for DAZ Gallery". Remember to do these things often as no one ever tires of reading the same topics every few months.

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 8:44 AM

Huh, all you weak minded peons.... I DO NOT have an adiction, and never will!!!! I don't have to play with poser, it's therapy. My doc told me that using Poser would cure ALL my ills, and make me sexy, and make me taller, and keep my hair from turning grey, and ..... grin Sorry, haven't played with Poser for 12 hours now, and am having serious "jones".... get real grumpy until I get my next fix. Robin

Mosca ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 9:15 AM

I think JohnRender's not really being honest about his addiction.

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 10:13 AM

My Names Stephanie... I have been a poser addict here at renderosity for well over 5 years i dont think I can be rid of it by now. If they do find a cure I DONT want it! hehe love to all -Lady Cherry

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 11:04 AM

Hi, uh... My name's Jim. I'm a Poser addict. ...uh... I can't seem to stop. Just when I get a grip, Daz opens a Platinum Cub, or there's a new update at PoserWorld. I thought I was getting better. I kept my happy place (green field, trees, soft lighting... hunky Mikkkk... uh, man smiling)... and then a pink pony started prancing through. Tempting me. Damn pushers! It kept saying...."the light's not quite right, adjust light 3, maybe a spot"... Mikeeee, uh, the man started winking and said he though he'd look better with more hair, maybe the Casper texture...with a high highlight level...yeah... thats it.. No, Stop, PLEASE! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME BEFORE I RENDER AGAIN! ...or not, I'm having LOTS of fun, and at least it keeps me off the streets.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 11:04 AM

My Name is Rob... I remember along time ago when I used to go outside and a walk didn't require the walk designer. I also seem to remember looking at trees and landscape without thinking what a great texture that would make. SIGH

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 1:53 PM

I went to the San Francisco Opera last weekend, and a couple of weeks before that. Excellent productions. Throughout, I was thinking "great lighting ... I've got to try that in Poser," or "great sets ... look like they were done by MnD productions, maybe CastleDev." Fortunately I wasn't thinking about Mimic. But I did notice the nice bump maps, textures, and discreet use of reflection maps in the opera house. Once I went to a 12-step meeting for addicts of "The Sims." That was a couple of years ago when I actually thought that program was pretty cool. I was able to beat that demon, but I only replaced it with another addiction. You know its name.

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 1:58 PM

I remember when everything I saw was just the same old thing. The street, the trees, that nifty pattern on that girls shirt...now I bring my camera everywhere just thinking "Man, that would look good on this piece of clothing" "Dude, that treebark is REALLY interesting...maybe for Bryce" "Hrmm...the sun is hitting the lake at an awesome degree...wonder if I can recreate.." You get the idea. Yeah...I'm an addict, I know it, my family knows it...my teachers know it...I admit it... Cure? You mean someone would want to NOT be addicted?

joffry ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 3:14 PM

I tried, I was actually away from the computer for 2 hours. Had to get xrays. As I saw the images popping up on their new digital machine, I asked them if they wanted me to show them how to really make them move around and increase he light ambiance. My name is Joffry, I am an addict

dutch27 ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 4:39 PM

NO NO i wont take the medicine mommy...i'll be a good boy...i go to school...its college..they have live modles i can compare and postwork at home....no no i dont want the sleeping medicine...Just 10 more hours mommy....PLEASE.... And thats just the dream after my first day of P4 after my sister got me addicted...and I DONT HAVE A PROBELM..I...I..could stop at any time....twich....ITS ALL MY SISTERS FAULT!!!!!!!!....NO NOT THE SLEEVLESS JACKET AGAIN......

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 6:09 PM

ROFLMAO how dare you blame your problem on me...I have my own problems LOL

scupper ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 10:38 AM

sniff I remember the day I fell into this evil trap. It seemed innocent enough. I worked at an entertainment trade paper. Somebody got sent a copy of Bryce 3D for review, but it was a PC version, so they gave it to me. Then ... a flyer with a woman on the trapeze ... a limited-time offer from Metacreations for I.T. professionals ... oh, God, why? Platinum Club ... PoserWorld ... MY GOD WILL IT EVER STOP? "What do you mean you want a gift certificate to DAZ.com for your birthday? What's DAZ?" "Here, let me show you ..."

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 11:13 AM

Be careful - the addiction grows. It has started demanding more and more graphic programs to satisfy me. It all started out innocently with Bryce. That has led to the following programs: Poser (need people), Vue (it imports pz3), Rhino (make my own props), Painter (cool post work), Jungle 3D (need those trees). It never ends. Don't even get me started on subscription sites and freebies!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

JohnRender ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 1:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12418&Form.ShowMessage=911046

You're right- I'm not being honest about my addiction. So, raise your hands- how many people here are unmarried? Okay. How many people are without a "partner"? Okay. How many people can't get the "adult" cable channel in their area? Okay. If you're starting to follow my drift, click on the link above (to a message thread here in the OT Forum).

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:11 PM

If I do catch JohnRender's drift, here's one honest answer. I'm currently single, and choose not to date because I'm a full time student. It wouldn't be fair to the other person for me to pretend that I have time for a healthy relationship right now. Poser is a fantastic creative outlet for use in my free time. I'm in a nerdy tech program which doesn't allow for much artistic creativity, only problem-solving creativity, so Poser provides the balance than we creative types crave. In this case it's not about a lack of human companionship or sexual outlet or any of that. Besides, I like Poser people with some clothes on. :-) I've aspired to do computer graphics for as long as they've existed. Until about a year ago, I ignorantly didn't realize that excellent rendering software had become so affordable. I worked for SGI/AliasWavefront in their "Jurassic Park" heyday, when software like theirs was NOT affordable (or even available) for most PC/Mac users, which is probably where the wrong impression originated. If creative work is an addiction, so be it. So long as you're not really ruining your finances, neglecting family, or forgetting to eat and sleep, it's about the healthiest addiction I can think of. Just say yes to rendering!

queri ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 6:23 PM

JohnRender, we don't for the most part have the problem you insisted upon labelling us with, but you do appear to have a major problem with human sexuality. I am a 58 year old single Tantric witch, female. My art tends to be 50% Poser and 50% Fractal. I find the fractal work assuages my need for pure color and line-- it is perhaps my art in its purest form. Poser assuages my love for People, and Stories, and Concepts. Between the two I feel blessed that I can work in abstract and concrete ways. I keep trying to find methods of bringing the two together. And, yes, I do some nudes, because I find the human body a beautiful thing. If I need sexual relief, I'll either dance or read something-- probably by Laurel Hamilton, or, even better, I'll write something. My erotica has been pretty highly praised on web. I don't watch TV. Emily

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 6:26 PM

Emily, a maybe stupid question... what is Tantric??? -Heike-

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

queri ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 8:58 PM

Tantric-- finding God in the body-- can mean anything from sexuality to sensuality to union between all opposites, which is the way I use it. It's generally either Tibetan or Idian-- I use the Tibetan form. Emily

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.