Sun, Sep 22, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser into trueSpace

denden ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 8:00 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:27 AM

I exported a Poser 4 character as a 3DS file after adding new eyes to the character. The eyes didn't show up in trueSpace. Is there a way to attach the eyes (or any prop) to a character so it will be included when exported as a 3DS file? Thanks.

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 8:41 AM

Have you tried using Luuv (a free TSX). It is a Obj importer for Truespace. Do a search on Google for Luuv. Hope this helps.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

zechs ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 9:45 AM

Yeah Luuv works great for importing poser into Truespace. Just make sure you put a cupy of the Textures for the poser model in the same directory as the exported wavefront object. Luuv's export of .obj files I'm less sure of. anyone know why it screws up booleaned objects? (subtracted) is this a basic limitation of the .obj format? I'm having a really hard time getting any prop I export from TS into poser to look right. :( (Well I finally got a complex booleaned .3ds to look fine after pre-triangulating it... which is odd since i thought Poser didn't like triangles. ?@_@?) In TS users have any ideas?

Velen ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 11:16 AM

the OJB format is a very old maya format and dosent handel boolean, subdivisions or nurbs. so you need to convert to pollyhedron befor useing Luuv to export, or as you have done use 3ds and deal with 2X the polly count as there split into trys. hope this helps laters Vel

denden ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 11:49 AM

I really appreciate all the suggestions. I am new at Poser and trueSpace. What I don't grasp is when I add a prop(an eye in my case) to a Poser figure why doesn't it become part of the figure image? Of course, it does if I export it as Photoshop (PSD) file but I need to export it as a 3DS file so I can manipulate the figure in trueSpace and increase the resolution (which apparently isn't possible in Poser). I will use Photoshop for my final image after trueSpace and it has to be 50MB (it's for an agency). 3D is tough . Thanks.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:51 PM

file_31247.jpg

I don't have TS but I've done similar things with Poser's 3DS exporter that did work. Just tried a simple experiment. Loaded the P4 Nude male (Poser 4 PC) and added 2 "balls" from the Props preset which were scaled down and moved over the eyes as shown in this image. This was exported to 3DS with the parts option on and off. (see next post)

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:52 PM

file_31248.jpg

I tried these 3DS files in Bryce 5, Carrara and Painter3D and all of them loaded with the 2 eye props, as seperate objects. I always hate to say there's a problem with an app I don't have but this looks like it might be a TS problem. This is a Bryce image (note that 3DS does not export smoothing data, so it looks faceted). You might try exporting the head and the eyes as seperate files and try loading them one by one into TS. Best - Dan

Sue88 ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:57 PM

There's also a link to luuv at the top of the trueSpace forum. I really like luuv, I think it works very well, though I have mainly been using it to bring Poser characters into tS, not so much to export objects. I have done that, too, and it worked well, but I think they were not booleaned objects. Sometimes bringing the object into UVMapper and splitting vertices helps with problems. Denden, when you exported your Poser figure, did you also check the eyes in the export options to be included in the file? I had trouble importing Poser figures in .3DS format before, but luuv works great.

denden ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 3:24 PM

Sue88...yes, I did check the eyes in the export options. I also tried DXF but it was awful (dark red overall and no eyes). I will try the luuv. Dan...I'll also try the balls props. At present I'm only using the head, neck and eyes of the P4male. Thanks again...it's fun but it ain't easy .

mikebruin ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 3:45 PM

There's a program called truepose for 45 dollars that allows you to import full animated poser scenes into Ts. Sorry, I cant remember the url. Mike

jobcontrol ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 4:30 PM

Mikebruin: look here: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/faq/answers/installers/otherprograms.html BTW, the price is now US$99.95 for truePose.

raven ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 6:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ev.ca/konan/truepose.htm

file_31249.jpg

Here's an animated lo-res Victoria in trueSpace6, courtesy of truePose.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.