Sun, Sep 22, 2:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: fractual explorer download problem

bellajolie ( ) posted Fri, 15 November 2002 at 3:14 AM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 5:38 AM

hi everyone - it's been awhile. a long while! Here it is one am on the west coast and I feel so stupid for not understanding this - maybe i've been looking at it for too long. I downloaded fractual explorer - it states at the download site that you must also download the landscape library and the compiler then unzip them into the main FE folder. What is the main FE folder?? I thought that I did this and parts of it won't work because it says that the landscape library and compiler still need to be downloaded in this folder. I have "stuff it" for unzipping after downloading and I'm not very computer literate. In fact this is my first attempt at fractals and this program looks great or at least the parts that are working do. The unzipped part of the landscape works great all by itself but its not in the program itself and I can't use the landscape part in the program becuz it states its not there. I would really appreciate some plain simple explanation for all this like how to do it and the exact name of this folder. Thanks in advance.

silver1 ( ) posted Fri, 15 November 2002 at 8:32 AM

Im not very computer literate either,but I have FE running and the landscape library and compiler in it.What I did is unzip them into the main FE folder it should be named FE or fractal explorer, the one that holds the whole program,not into any of the folders inside it.I hope this helps.Fe is a great program, its the one I started out with too. Jami

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.