Sat, Sep 21, 12:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How to use the Bryce Lightning

itsik_m_18 ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 6:32 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

hi there. i have just downloaded the Bryce Lightning from corel site and i got no idea how to use it, some one know? 10x

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 6:40 AM

Well, I haven'used it, but I know that you need more than one computer to make use of it :) Some other's know how to use bryce lightning. I'll look for a tutorial.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

itsik_m_18 ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 7:08 AM

OK. 10X MAN so i cant use it by myself?

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 8:26 AM

Bryce lightning is meat to allow network rendering fo bryce. That means that when you render one project you use Bryce lightning to render it with several computers at a time. This reduces the rendertime, but you need a network. I've heard that a lot of people don't know how to set up the render-network. Strangely I couldn't find any tutorials about networkrendering.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 10:03 AM

If your computers are connected, just open up lighting on the computers you want to render on. It will give you an IP adress.

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 11:40 AM

If you have a freind/family memeber that give you permission to use there CPU cycles you can set-up Lightning on there comp and use it plus your's to render the scene. Unfortunately you'd have to coordinate that they are connected to the internet at the same time, etc.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 12:02 PM

I have both my machines connected over a simple peer to peer via cross cable. I have assigned each a fixed IP address associated with the respective NIC's. Works a treat for file swapping and cross machine access. (W98SE) BUT I can't seem to get lightning to actually run. Gave it the associated machines IP addresses, told it for the server to render as well and tried to run. It just doesn't seem to transfer anything to the secondary, which sits idle. Any ideas what I could be missing?

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 12:04 PM

i.e. does anyone know if it has to be a fully defined server/client/hub thing!?

Darkginger ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 12:10 PM

Incarnadine - I have the same problem - I can set it all up beautifully, but it just won't connect to the other puter on the network - I get the symbol that means there's a problem with the connection, but have no idea how to resolve it. Which is a shame, because we have at least three 'spare' boxes here that I'd like to use as a render farm...

slink_001 ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 5:35 PM

I've had up to 4 machines running using bryce lightning without a hitch. You need to make sure you have the latest update for for bryce 5 and the latest Lightning. Load Bryce and the br file on 1 machine then load and run Lightning on the others. I use a fast ethernet switch as a hub. Another thing to look for I believe depending on the network render settings and the type of render (animation or single frame) it handles the parsing of the frames and or tiles to one machine or more depending on these settings. In other words if you are doing a single frame render and you select (each machine should process a frame) Only 1 machine will process the render. Then theres tile Optimization so if you have a single frame rendor Bryce will send small tiles of the frame to be rendered to all the machines on the network. Hope this helps I guess I could to a tutorial hmmmm...

martindj ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 7:29 PM

I have run it with WinXP, Win2000 and Win98 all connected. I had a lot of trouble getting it to run until I made the directory with the .br5 file "shared" - this seemed to be most important.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 9:18 PM

I'll check that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.