Fri, Sep 20, 9:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Looking for a specific model...

YourLadyP ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 10:23 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:42 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_31829.jpg

While surfing the web, I found a picture with a Poser model and I would like to find out if she is a a model that is available for purchase, or one that someone created. Can anyone tell me if they recognize this model? (Pict attached)

Thanks for any help!

LadyP(oser)

galactron22 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 10:55 PM

WOW!! I dont think this is poser, Hell I dont even think this is even 3D,lloks more like a photograph, who ever did this is THA MAN!! My guess this would be lightwave or even MAYA.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

rodzilla ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:01 PM

i'd say it's 3d,but i really don't think it's poser...the model looks a little like jennifer connoly from that angle...now there's a model i'd like for poser :)

galactron22 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:03 PM

Hey I just Like it.

volfin ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:10 PM

That is definetly a photograph. If you look next to her eye there is a wrinkle in the paper when it was scanned. In the lower left corner it says "SvSCan" which also leads me to believe it's a scanned photograph. Someone's pulling your leg. Who said it was a 3d model?

YourLadyP ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:11 PM

LOL! I had three guys over here last night making nose prints all over my monitor trying to figure out if this is real or 3D or what. What caught my eye was the hair...doesn't look very real...but then I'm new to this so who am I to say? And yes, she does look a bit like Jennifer, and I agree, Jennifer is a very beautiful woman (and no, I'm not gay...just appreciate a good looking woman when I see one!)

rodzilla ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:15 PM

yup volfin i think you're right,if you look just in front of her neck you can see some individual hair strands...sorta flyaway type stuff...i've never seen a 3d model THAT detailed,3d hair just don't do that..there is something weird about the pic that makes it look 3d-ish tho,some bizarre color effect or some filter has been applied to it maybe...maybe it IS jennifer connoly,that's even better :)lol

YourLadyP ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:29 PM

No one told me it was a Poser model per se...but she looks too good to be real eh? I've contacted the site the picture was posted at, but they don't have the submitters name anymore. It was posted quite some time ago. I've polled some sister sites with no response thus far from the submitter. This is a last resort or sorts...

galactron22 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:43 PM

Oh look she's holding her crotch..wink wink sorry cold medicine kicking in...

YourLadyP ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:46 PM

galactron, are you STILL looking at that picture?????? ;-) Quite striking isn't she?

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:51 PM

I'm 90% certain this is a heavily 'airbrushed' scanned image. There are certain things that could be postworked in (noise, distortion, hair) - but unless they found the best modeled hands in the universe? nyet. And I've seen THOUSANDS of Poser renders sigh Even the poly-heavy Dina can't have hands that real (that I've seen). It's possible that a talented postwork artist could make a render look this good - but they wouldn't have made the skin so clean but left the hair so 'noisy'. And what's more, I'm fairly sure the 7 logs in the bottom right hand corner are all faked. The perspective and details don't match. They 'feel' off. Which leads to the possibility that this either had another sig, or is from a magazine with layered photos. The photography style is kind of Playboy-ish. (Used to retouch images for them) Also, I think her hand and the front of her jeans was heavily postworked. (speaking of which, this image is very close to breaking the TOS for genital contact) As for finding this model - I think you can get Vickie to look like this with some fussing. Anybody up for the challenge? :)

galactron22 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:52 PM

LOL, like I said,Cold Medicine Kicking In.

YourLadyP ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 12:13 AM

Ooops! Perhaps I should have cut the photo down before posting...she has clothes on down there so it never occurred to me that it might not be allowed. My sincere appologies to the forum if I stepped over the bounds here! ;-( Lyrra, I agree that the logs at the bottom right look very unreal, as does the hair. The model and the jeans looks so perfectly "right" that it seems odd that the hair looks so drab and dull and, well to be honest, "straw-like" and rather ugly. If someone gives a go at Vickie and comes up with anything like this, would they please let me know? I'd be VERY interested in seeing the results...

Farside ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 12:27 AM

SVScanner scanned this pic from a Russian PB mag. He's not bad but there are a lot of better scanners out there.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 12:35 AM

All, Amazing what you can do with masks In photoshop! so much contradictory evidence the lighting of the skin has that "standard poser lights" look to it. The eyebrows look a bit like poser, the nipples have the 'little bumps' you'd see in real life - there is no compression of the body where it supposedly rests against the building, there appears to be a seam on the arm where you would expect to see one in a poser model. there is "volfin's fold" to consider, you can see on her right hand that she has that bone offset where the wrist meets the arm that a small percentage of real people have. The source of the lighting gives it away for me - more poser than real. I'd suspect a fusion of reality, Poser and a Photoshop type Application. Lyrra, Who me? maybe in a year or two - It's really good despite the apparent lack of concern regarding the TOS. - Tj

Norbert ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 12:38 AM

Her left breast gives it away. You can easily see the shape of a breast implant in there. Obviously a photo.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 12:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.theplace.ru/scans/gallery/svs/svs13.shtml

A little Google searching revealed that SVScans (same logo)does mainly pics of Russian models, from the Russian edition of Playboy and other magazines. Thank you! All of the ones I saw seem to have the model's name included which your example doesn't and none of them have quite this look. Perhaps someone copied and modified it? At any rate, I'm trying to decide which portion of my anatomy I'd give up to meet Maria Zhikareva or Natalia Budanova. More SVScans here: http://scans.lookingat.us/SVScan_SCP_2/SVScan_SCP_2.html

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Farside ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 12:47 AM

sigh, to grab more SVScans, try #SWA or #SCP or #SDC on DALnet as he often hangs out in there. Millions of scans there for people to get and realize that not every naked chick was done with Poser :)

gps ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 1:04 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_31830.jpg

It's a photo of a Russian model called Lissa Tombasova. I er... just happened to have this more complete scan on my HD :) - gps

YourLadyP ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 1:12 AM

Bingo! You were right...SVScan! Here is the model... http://www.theplace.ru/scans/gallery/svs/svs05.shtml Sigh! Now I'm VERY disappointed...I, and a few others, were sure she was a Poser model...and I REALLY wanted her to work with! I do thank all of you for your help in finding her at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And again, my sincere appologies to the forum for the nature of the photo...)

YourLadyP ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 1:14 AM

gps, Wish I had just talked to you earlier! Would have saved me a whole lot of trouble! I've been searching for her for a very long time!

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 3:10 AM

well scare up some face pics and full body pics and challenge the morphers in here :) Somebody can do it!

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 3:41 AM

Mustbody MUST do it :-)

Fillingim ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 3:54 AM

Must of airbrushed the photo extensively. I must say she is beautiful. Definitely someone needs to model her.

badmoon ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 8:25 AM

bookmark

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 8:42 AM

Interesting--it's like everybody forgets what REAL women look like. Nice, ain't they?

Bongo ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 9:19 AM

The head has been added to the body. The neck is way too long (that's why you thought it was poser) - you can see the line across the neck where the head was added. Her neck is over two head lengths long!! She must be a bobble head model!! I know what women look like and this is two women.

volfin ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 9:31 AM

"there appears to be a seam on the arm where you would expect to see one in a poser model. there is "volfin's fold" to consider, " Wow, I get a fold named after me! Break out the champagne! *8-)

Mosca ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 10:12 AM

"The head has been added to the body. The neck is way too long (that's why you thought it was poser) - you can see the line across the neck where the head was added. Her neck is over two head lengths long!! She must be a bobble head model!! I know what women look like and this is two women." Oh, come on. Lots of women have a slight crease across the front of the throat (this woman has two, if you look close). In the side view image the head (from chin to crown) is longer than the neck; in the fromt view the head is tilted back so far it's foreshortened. And, if it's two women, how did they get the hair to match up? AND, why would anyone bother? It's not like it's a celebrity's head on some trashy model's body.

Buffer ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 10:26 AM

If anyone is looking for a scientific study for a pshyc class about how many thought patterns are possible. The above thread would be excellent. Everyone who look at it saw something different. I love it.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 10:52 AM

Well, one thing is for sure... The picture is a mix of reality and 3D. In a continuing search to make Poser produce a realistic as possible human form, people were inticed. Partly because Poser can come very close to what you see. Especially since there was no extreme pose involved (and the resulting joint problems). Interesting thread. (and NOT because the model is pretty...heck, one can see better stuff on newsgroups).

queri ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 1:50 PM

I think you can work with a Zyrincx model and texture to look almost this good, if you're desperate to reproduse her-- surprised noone noticed the assymetrical ribcage and the non swanning of the neck which gave it away to me. I'm amused that people are disappointed that she is Not Poser. Merely real. But, come to think of it if it were a guy I might be upset myself, not that I've seen many photos I thought were Clones of Dan Farr, no offense, but . . I like the wiry type myself. Emily

YourLadyP ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 9:27 PM

Excuse my stupidity...what is a Zyrincx model?

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 11:43 PM

This is nice. A mild "controversy", 30+ posts and no descent into rancid acrimony. I like it. It's a tribute to how far Poser has come that some felt it might be a Poser based image. I think though, if the image hadn't been heavily post-processed it would have stood out immediately as not Poser. When (if ever) Poser can produce "real looking" images without a lot of skill in blurring, filtering, smudging etc. after rendering that will be glorious. But of course, that would probably add more fuel to the "is it really art," fire so let's not go there :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Hiram ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 1:33 PM

My take was: "There's no way this was rendered in Poser. This is Lightwave or Maya, with photo hair added in post. She's got radiosity." A number of the photos at the link above were heavily postworked, but I can't see any evidence of any 3D work at all.

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:10 PM

lol So in seeking perfection, magazines showing real women are airbrushing them to the point where they look like 3D renders? This is a kick!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.