Fri, Sep 20, 3:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Moon and Sun in Scene

YourLadyP ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 5:17 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:44 PM

Am I just stupid or what? I just got Bryce 5 and for the life of me I can't get either the sun nor the moon to show up in the sky. I've tried everything I can think of short of cutting and pasting a dang picture of the moon there! Can anyone help????

griffoso ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 6:35 AM

http://www.brycetech.com/ look for place the sun

YourLadyP ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 6:57 AM

Thanks griffoso but for some reason the ctrl/alt thing doesn't work for me. I can't get either the sun nor the moon to appear by doing that, or anything else I've tried. Any other suggestions?

airflamesred ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 7:33 AM

ctrl + alt should work if not try the preset from the library

Aldaron ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 7:48 AM

First click on the sun/moon sphere at the top of the screen then try crtl + alt in the working window. Otherwise if you have your camera facing with a Y rotation of 0 degrees then if the sun is at the top in the sun/moon sphere the sun should be directly in front of the camera. Go into the sky lab, change the preview window to "render in scene" and lower the sun until it is around 5 degrees altitude (azimuth 000). You should see the sun, then just place where you want it using altitude and azimuth.

mboncher ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 10:08 AM

Ctrl + Alt, and DOUBLE CLICK :c) the sky sphere then while holding click location into the scene works for me.

ttops ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 11:08 AM

file_33028.jpg

Is this not working?

electroglyph ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 11:48 AM

You also have to sometimes be very close to the horizon to see either. I can never use the little sun controls track ball. I always overshoot. Look at the little Azimuth: and Altitude: settings. If you click on the numbers next to them you can manually change the values to move the sun. Azimuth is around the disk 360 degrees. Altitude is from edge to center 90 degrees. Sometimes you need to be 15 to 20 degrees just to see the sun disk. Click on the little yellow ball to the right of the trackball and it will change from yellow sun to blue moon and change your scene from day to night. Sun and moon are always 180 degrees apart in bryce. If you want both in the sky at once you will need a to put a moon texture on a sphere and hang it in your scene. Hope this helps!

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 12:26 PM

In B3 I adjust the X axis to 0 and the Y axis to about 20. (adjust as necessary.) Which I assume X axis = asimuth and the Y axis = altitude. anyrate try adjusting the sun position numerically in a simple scene to get the hang of it. - TJ

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 8:01 PM

If you just got B5, go to www.corel.com and get the update. I'm not sure that it will fix your sun thingie, but it will fix a bunch of other thingies.

YourLadyP ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 1:18 AM

Thank you all very much for your help. Somehow today I finally got the ctrl+alt to work and place a sun!! I have no idea why it wouldn't work last before, but all seems well now (cross your fingers for me that it keeps on working! ;-) I did also play with the azimuth and altitude settings and understand them a bit better, so this has all in all been a good lesson for me! Thanks again!

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 6:42 AM

Sometimes, they can be obscured by clouds, you can fix that by decreasing the clouds.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.